kawaiileonard

Marvin Williams 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He is what he is.....I said it before, you're likely to get a couple duds in a row after every good line he puts out. Extremely hard to predict when his one or two good games of the week will happen. Definitely not a player I can stomach in any H2H league, but he can be used as a plug and forget last bench guy in 9 cat Roto if you're strong elsewhere.

I dropped Marcus Morris when he was playing well for Marvin couple weeks back because I needed more stock potential, glad it's paying off. 

the second i pick him up for sunday he throws a trash line out of the gate smh...at least it was against Boston so whatever, what does everyone think his round ceiling is, is he mid-round value or later?

On 24/12/2018 at 9:20 AM, Kobe824 said:

the second i pick him up for sunday he throws a trash line out of the gate smh...at least it was against Boston so whatever, what does everyone think his round ceiling is, is he mid-round value or later?

I picked him up sunday as well, for now im not too worried. boston is a great defensive team, so i kinda expected it to happen. lets see his next games

4 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

is it possible he holds top 70 rest of year?

I doubt...He have up & down since few years...Just ride until he falls off...

Or trade him If u can

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

is it possible he holds top 70 rest of year?

He finished 68th in 2016-2017 and 48th in 2015-2016.  There's been very little variance in his play from year-to-year since then.  Mostly it's been a couple percentage points in the efficiency cat, a couple points, a third of a block.  The biggest difference in ranks occurs in the early rounds and there's actually not that much difference between top 70 and top 100.  So it's an academic question.  I have no reason to doubt he will continue producing as he's done roughly the same thing for three+ years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bumping this since Williams' production has been strong since his slow start. Started the season with minutes in the 20s, but it's now around 30. He's playing small-ball 5 a lot. Past 21 games (began with his first string of 30-min games), he's ranked #63 in 9-cat. Great treys, and good/decent everything else across the board: scoring, %s, boards, stocks, TOs.

He'll have duds here and there but I might hold him ROS unless he has too many slumps.

First Last G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
2018-11-23 2019-01-06 21 21 30.5 4.3 10.0 .431 2.4 5.6 .432 1.1 1.4 .800 1.3 5.4 6.7 1.1 0.9 0.5 0.6 2.6 12.2 9.8 1.8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hoop said:

Bumping this since Williams' production has been strong since his slow start. Started the season with minutes in the 20s, but it's now around 30. He's playing small-ball 5 a lot. Past 21 games (began with his first string of 30-min games), he's ranked #63 in 9-cat. Great treys, and good/decent everything else across the board: scoring, %s, boards, stocks, TOs.

He'll have duds here and there but I might hold him ROS unless he has too many slumps.

First Last G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS GmSc +/-
2018-11-23 2019-01-06 21 21 30.5 4.3 10.0 .431 2.4 5.6 .432 1.1 1.4 .800 1.3 5.4 6.7 1.1 0.9 0.5 0.6 2.6 12.2 9.8 1.8

Yeah he's good in 9 cat buoyed by 2+ threes, 5-6 boards, 1.5 stocks, low TOs

Ok it’s getting ridiculous.

6 straight games without a turnover. I’m winning turnovers in leagues against teams where the owners aren’t even setting their lineups thanks to Marv.

And he’s still criminally underrated. 

Edited by GriffeySwag
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 4:13 PM, hoop said:

hes been a great pickup. doesn't shoot a whole lot, but still gets you 3s stocks and baords, really perfect for TO teams and pt punters. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

Picked him up and haven't looked back. Only downside is really FG% (and sometimes can throw up a clunker) but it makes sense since most of his shots are 3s. Underrated due to low scoring totals I think.

• Like 1

uncle marv is still hot

He’s solid. I haven’t deployed him for a couple of weeks, but good bench guy and trade bait.

Such an underrated player. 3s/stls/blks/sprinkle of rebs and doesn't hurt you in any efficiency cats. I feel like a Gasol trade would help him, too. 

2 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

Such an underrated player. 3s/stls/blks/sprinkle of rebs and doesn't hurt you in any efficiency cats. I feel like a Gasol trade would help him, too. 

Unless he’s included in the Gasol trade