hard1

Elijah McGuire 2018 Outlook

God I can't believe I'm starting a waiver wire running back on the Jets in week 15 coming off a bye. Lost Mel and Connor I want to cry

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, montgrove said:

God I can't believe I'm starting a waiver wire running back on the Jets in week 15 coming off a bye. Lost Mel and Connor I want to cry

Sweet poetry

17 minutes ago, whatthef said:

Houston only allows 3.6ypc for the season, tied for lowest in the league. They held Mack, Chubb, Lindsay, AP and Henry to sub 4.0 the last 5 games. I'd be pretty surprised if McGuire did 13 for 60 on the ground. Maybe he breaks a long one.... 

I'd lean closer to 13 for 41 with 3 catches for 23 yards. Not a horrible game but really needing a TD to have a viable fantasy game - which is what Chubb, Mack and AP did, so there is a shot. 

Edited by ESquared
  • Like 1

Geez, playing him would be painful, but so many injuries..😂

Edited by mjb

Second year promising RB gets his first start on a Saturday Nationally televised game at his home stadium.  If the Jets have any hope at winning this ballgame, Eli going to have to be a  big part of their offensive success because Darnold is still a rookie.  Show us something today Eli - this is your big debut. 

LETS GO!

Edited by Zak0221

Just hating this call between Eli and Dix, normally I don't vacillate so much and just go with it...Head says gotta go with the volume and Eli, gut really wants to roll Dixon and the matchup/upside and believe he'll get the lions share...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Houston only allows 3.6ypc for the season, tied for lowest in the league. They held Mack, Chubb, Lindsay, AP and Henry to sub 4.0 the last 5 games. I'd be pretty surprised if McGuire did 13 for 60 on the ground. Maybe he breaks a long one.... 

I'd lean closer to 13 for 41 with 3 catches for 23 yards. Not a horrible game but really needing a TD to have a viable fantasy game - which is what Chubb, Mack and AP did, so there is a shot. 

^^^^THIS!  

Those starting McQuire...

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c156d23567a6f4e55

Edited by jtbgator
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Starting with confidence, thanks. 

Good luck, hope he tears it up today. I was right there with ya on him all week but decided against it. Jones at CHI for me at flex.

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Good luck, hope he tears it up today. I was right there with ya on him all week but decided against it. Jones at CHI for me at flex.

Not expecting him to tear it up. Just looking for double digits in ppr. 

• Like 1

I am torn between Dixon and McGuire. 

I feel like with the night I got from D Williams, and the advantage therein, I should probably go McGuire...

But man, I am having trouble actually doing it. 

1 minute ago, viciousphilpy said:

I feel like with the night I got from D Williams, and the advantage therein, I should probably go McGuire...

Im rolling McGuire over Dixon and a questionable Brieda.  He's getting the touches, its a matter of overcoming the matchup and hoping the game doesn't get too out of hand early

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

Go McQuire bro, he should get more volume than Dixon.

I'm pretty outmatched in my playoff semi-final due to injuries so I held out on starting him in hopes that Wilson gets the call tomorrow.  Cannon has looked like the scrappier player so far but the volume is promising, 12 touches so far in the first half....he could still end up being a decent play next week against Green Bay for anyone that limps into the finals with an injury plagued roster like mine

Jets running a lot of 2-back sets the last couple drives, and McGuire going out for more pass routes now.  Hopefully he gets some catches.

Gonna need a TD to get to double digits though.