Sign in to follow this  
hard1

Elijah McGuire 2018 Outlook

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So how about you stop assuming with faux indignation  because u want to express some sort of petulant outrage. I picked up wilson-damien-justin and would have grabbed mcguire if I had room because I have been hitting the waiver every week since mckinnon was injured , mixon missed games, lynch falling andnot getting up and breida on the weekly amputee watch. :)

My bad.  Was a bit drunk last night after I got home from the bar... Still basking in the glorious 11.1 points McGuire bestowed upon me yesterday.  

Apologies. 🙏🏻  

Carry on. 👍🏻

• Haha 1

Fire him up again in Championship? Packers could get out to big lead and hurt his game flow? They used Cannon for passing a lot too.

20 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Fire him up again in Championship? Packers could get out to big lead and hurt his game flow? They used Cannon for passing a lot too.

How do the Packers get out big? They've been brutal lately.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

As I was saying last week, Mcguire is the feature back whether they are up or down. He will get 18-20 touches regardless of game script. Cannon is a change of pace that will get his share of touches either way, but Mcguire will get the most touches. 

Whether those touches lead to fantasy points is a different question as the offense is far from consistent and Mcguire needed a late TD to salvage his week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

How do the Packers get out big? They've been brutal lately.

Well, true, sorta. 34 points against ATL and faced the best defense in the league last week in CHI. Jets defense, meh.

I'm rolling with him again, but mainly due to a lack of options.  Drake, Ingram and Sutton I've lost all confidence in and can't bring myself to play any of them.

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

As I was saying last week, Mcguire is the feature back whether they are up or down. He will get 18-20 touches regardless of game script. Cannon is a change of pace that will get his share of touches either way, but Mcguire will get the most touches. 

Whether those touches lead to fantasy points is a different question as the offense is far from consistent and Mcguire needed a late TD to salvage his week. 

This is why I might start him, I agree. But he was really close to a terrible game last week, but that was HOU defense, this is GB. Arrow pointing up this week.

22 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

He’ll most likely be in my Flex again barring something changing.  If I get Jamaal Williams off waivers tonight (unlikely since my Championship opponent has a few more FAAB $ left than me), I will have to pick 2 between DJ/McGuire/Williams, but I think Eli makes the lineup either way.  I have Ware on my bench as well but even if he plays I don’t like the uncertainty of that situation considering how Damien Williams looked last week.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 12:04 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

I have a feeling I’m gonna get blamed when McGuire struggles and one of the 3 Broncos has a good game. “I knew I should have started (insert Hamilton, Patrick, or Sutton here) over McGuire!”

thanks for the help. at halftime i didnt think i would be writing this but that td helped. i dont think lightning strikes twice so ill go with jamaal williams this week ha but thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, floppy said:

thanks for the help. at halftime i didnt think i would be writing this but that td helped. i dont think lightning strikes twice so ill go with jamaal williams this week ha but thanks.

Same starting williams over him as well and would probably start michel over him too if i didnt get Williams via WW

Edited by kmoore1521

1 hour ago, floppy said:

Lightning ?  He has gotten 20 touches past two weeks and is a rising star for the Jets backfield, this is only his second season.  Eli has the skills to house call any of his runs and he has good hands to catch passes.  He doesn't need a TD to be a useful fantasy player this week however he is as good a bet as any Jets player to find the end zone vs this mediocre Packers D at home. 

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Lightning ?  He has gotten 20 touches past two weeks and is a rising star for the Jets backfield, this is only his second season.  Eli has the skills to house call any of his runs and he has good hands to catch passes.  He doesn't need a TD to be a useful fantasy player this week however he is as good a bet as any Jets player to find the end zone vs this mediocre Packers D at home. 

i watched that whole game. he was negative points at half. hes from a rising star in my eyes. without that td, i wouldnt be here to discuss. salvaged his day.

2 minutes ago, floppy said:

i watched that whole game. he was negative points at half. hes from a rising star in my eyes. without that td, i wouldnt be here to discuss. salvaged his day.

It was a very tough matchup, the Houston D line was in the backfield nearly every carry.  If you watched the game you would know he basically had no chance to get a rushing attack established and yes got somewhat lucky with his fantasy point total.  My point is, lightning does not need to strike again this week because GB is mediocre on defense and Eli is heavily involved ( 20 touches last two weeks even with a fumble last week ) 

Edited by Zak0221

I’m rolling out confidently as an rb2. Workload and a matchup against a completely deflated GB team is a recipe for a comfortable floor and the potential to score. Unlike his rookie counterpart Rosen, Darnold can effectively stretch the field (or at very least prevent his team from repeatedly going 3 and out)

3 hours ago, floppy said:

No problem, that’s what these forums are here for. I agree we got a bit lucky with the TD, but his usage was very encouraging, and I thought he looked pretty good against a very good defense.  Plus all the Broncos WRs sucked anyway, haha.

I wouldn’t begrudge anyone starting Jamaal Williams over him this week, but I think he’s a better player than Jamaal.  It’s very close between the two, and I think it might come down to gameflow.  Both should see a healthy amount of touches, and neither the Jets or Packers are daunting matchup for RBs.  My championship opponent has Williams and I’ll be plugging McGuire into my Flex again, so hopefully Elijah can give us another solid performance.

9 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

No problem, that’s what these forums are here for. I agree we got a bit lucky with the TD, but his usage was very encouraging, and I thought he looked pretty good against a very good defense.  Plus all the Broncos WRs sucked anyway, haha.

I wouldn’t begrudge anyone starting Jamaal Williams over him this week, but I think he’s a better player than Jamaal.  It’s very close between the two, and I think it might come down to gameflow.  Both should see a healthy amount of touches, and neither the Jets or Packers are daunting matchup for RBs.  My championship opponent has Williams and I’ll be plugging McGuire into my Flex again, so hopefully Elijah can give us another solid performance.

Gotta admit, something about Elijah McGuire going up against Jamaal Williams in the fantasy football finals just seems “dirty”. But I guess that’s fantasy football for you. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Gotta admit, something about Elijah McGwuire going up against Jamaal Williams in the fantasy football finals just feels “dirty”. But that’s fantasy football for you. 

I agree but its been a particularly "dirty" year. Ideally you'd like to see the guys that got you to the championship in your lineup and not guys who you probably claimed off waivers a few weeks ago. However, due to a combination of poor performances by big names in playoffs (leading to teams with a hole making it farther), big performances by relative-no names as well as injuries (which raises handcuffs like McGuire and Williams to relevance and/or makes them necessary to start) this is where some of us are. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Same starting williams over him as well and would probably start michel over him too if i didnt get Williams via WW

Michel hasn’t been a factor in weeks. Not sure why you’d choose him over McGuire.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Gotta admit, something about Elijah McGuire going up against Jamaal Williams in the fantasy football finals just seems “dirty”. But I guess that’s fantasy football for you. 

Ha, yeah.  Well I lost AJ Green, Kerryon and Ware or I’d be starting one of them. My opponent lost Conner and Aaron Jones or he’d be starting one of them.

You just gotta roll with the punches and piece together the best roster you can.  It just seems like most of the impactful fantasy injuries happened toward the end of the season this year.

FFG's matchup column:

New York Jets Rushing Offense vs Green Bay Packers Rushing Defense (Neutral Matchup)

With Isaiah Crowell moved to injured reserve, Elijah McGuire has moved into the Jets #1 running back spot and will see enough volume over the last two weeks to put him squarely in the conversation as a weekly flex option. The biggest problem is that McGuire has not been able to make anything happen with the opportunities he’s been given. Over the last four weeks, McGuire has rushed 47 times for 140 yards and two touchdowns, averaging a paltry 2.9 yards per carry. McGuire has been able to punch the ball in the end zone though, including the game-winning touchdown against the Bills two weeks ago. Trenton Cannon has a firm grip on the #2 job behind McGuire and the two have split the passing down work. Cannon has not fared better though, as he is averaging 2.1 yards per carry on 16 rushes over the last three weeks. The Jets offensive line is just not getting it done in the run game, and they have a very tough matchup against a Packers defensive front that has been shutting down the run cold as of late.

The Packers run defense continued its solid play against the Bears this past, limiting Jordan Howard to 60 yards on 19 carries, and containing Tarik Cohen, who finished with five carries for 21 yards. The Packers linebackers also did a great job of spying Mitchell Trubisky, keeping him in the middle of the field and holding him to 16 yards on three carries, which was his third-lowest rushing total of the season. The Packers rank 22nd in the NFL, averaging 124.1 rushing yards allowed, but have played much better over the last three weeks, limiting their opponents to only 97 rushing yards per game. The Packers will be able to continue their stellar play up front this week against a Jets rushing offense that is missing Isaiah Crowell. The Jets offensive line has graded out as one of the least talented units in the NFL, while the Packers defensive line, anchored by Kenny Clark, has started to hit its stride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

FFG's matchup column:

New York Jets Rushing Offense vs Green Bay Packers Rushing Defense (Neutral Matchup)

With Isaiah Crowell moved to injured reserve, Elijah McGuire has moved into the Jets #1 running back spot and will see enough volume over the last two weeks to put him squarely in the conversation as a weekly flex option. The biggest problem is that McGuire has not been able to make anything happen with the opportunities he’s been given. Over the last four weeks, McGuire has rushed 47 times for 140 yards and two touchdowns, averaging a paltry 2.9 yards per carry. McGuire has been able to punch the ball in the end zone though, including the game-winning touchdown against the Bills two weeks ago. Trenton Cannon has a firm grip on the #2 job behind McGuire and the two have split the passing down work. Cannon has not fared better though, as he is averaging 2.1 yards per carry on 16 rushes over the last three weeks. The Jets offensive line is just not getting it done in the run game, and they have a very tough matchup against a Packers defensive front that has been shutting down the run cold as of late.

The Packers run defense continued its solid play against the Bears this past, limiting Jordan Howard to 60 yards on 19 carries, and containing Tarik Cohen, who finished with five carries for 21 yards. The Packers linebackers also did a great job of spying Mitchell Trubisky, keeping him in the middle of the field and holding him to 16 yards on three carries, which was his third-lowest rushing total of the season. The Packers rank 22nd in the NFL, averaging 124.1 rushing yards allowed, but have played much better over the last three weeks, limiting their opponents to only 97 rushing yards per game. The Packers will be able to continue their stellar play up front this week against a Jets rushing offense that is missing Isaiah Crowell. The Jets offensive line has graded out as one of the least talented units in the NFL, while the Packers defensive line, anchored by Kenny Clark, has started to hit its stride.

Kenny Clark is on IR

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

FFG's matchup column:

I agree w/this assessment. You play McGuire if your options are limited.I know mine are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

I agree w/this assessment. You play McGuire if your options are limited.I know mine are.

Him or Jamaal Williams for me