hard1

Elijah McGuire 2018 Outlook

56 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

FFG's matchup column:

New York Jets Rushing Offense vs Green Bay Packers Rushing Defense (Neutral Matchup)

With Isaiah Crowell moved to injured reserve, Elijah McGuire has moved into the Jets #1 running back spot and will see enough volume over the last two weeks to put him squarely in the conversation as a weekly flex option. The biggest problem is that McGuire has not been able to make anything happen with the opportunities he’s been given. Over the last four weeks, McGuire has rushed 47 times for 140 yards and two touchdowns, averaging a paltry 2.9 yards per carry. McGuire has been able to punch the ball in the end zone though, including the game-winning touchdown against the Bills two weeks ago. Trenton Cannon has a firm grip on the #2 job behind McGuire and the two have split the passing down work. Cannon has not fared better though, as he is averaging 2.1 yards per carry on 16 rushes over the last three weeks. The Jets offensive line is just not getting it done in the run game, and they have a very tough matchup against a Packers defensive front that has been shutting down the run cold as of late.

The Packers run defense continued its solid play against the Bears this past, limiting Jordan Howard to 60 yards on 19 carries, and containing Tarik Cohen, who finished with five carries for 21 yards. The Packers linebackers also did a great job of spying Mitchell Trubisky, keeping him in the middle of the field and holding him to 16 yards on three carries, which was his third-lowest rushing total of the season. The Packers rank 22nd in the NFL, averaging 124.1 rushing yards allowed, but have played much better over the last three weeks, limiting their opponents to only 97 rushing yards per game. The Packers will be able to continue their stellar play up front this week against a Jets rushing offense that is missing Isaiah Crowell. The Jets offensive line has graded out as one of the least talented units in the NFL, while the Packers defensive line, anchored by Kenny Clark, has started to hit its stride.

As was pointed out above, all of the “Green Bay rush defense has been playing better lately” narrative cited in this analysis is a moot point now since their best run-stopper (Kenny Clark) was sent to IR this week.

It’s not a bad matchup.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Him or Jamaal Williams for me

Seems like this or Eli vs Sony for a lot.  I'm doubling down and rolling him out again over Sony.  I apricate the analysis on the matchup with Clark out.

30 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Kenny Clark is on IR

Not to overreact or anything, but anyone who writes an "analysis" about a defense, and mentions that defense to be anchored by someone who is on IR... I have a hard time taking the analysis seriously. 

But maybe thats just me :lol:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Him or Jamaal Williams for me

I have both. And Ware, Landry, Anderson and John Kelly. 😅

11 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I have both. And Ware, Landry, Anderson and John Kelly. 😅

Ha! Looks like we have the same guys. I have McGuire, J Williams, Ware, Landry and John Kelly. I'll PM you later.

• Thanks 1

Gotta admit, I’ve never really watch this guy play. From a pure talent perspective, do we have anything here? I don’t read too much into the poor yards per carry the last couple of weeks. 

He's got plenty of feature back juice/qualities imo...IF the Jets retain their coach he might get a chance to lead the backfield next year...if not (maybe more likely) I think he is probably relegated to being a part of a committee. Heck of a nice showing behind a pretty awful line yesterday.

My man...I was facing Zeke, Mixon and Mccaffrey, so had no choice but to start him. So happy I did. Losing Bell, Freeman, Aaron Jones, K Johnson....

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's got plenty of feature back juice/qualities imo...IF the Jets retain their coach he might get a chance to lead the backfield next year...if not (maybe more likely) I think he is probably relegated to being a part of a committee. Heck of a nice showing behind a pretty awful line yesterday.

It would be really nice.   I have him in my 25 player Dynasty, and I wondering if he has the juice to be 'the guy'  It seems they've wanted him to be it before, but injuries seem to get in the way.  if he ends the season well and the coach stays the same....maybe they move to a 1 back system with ivory or whoever as a COP.

5 hours ago, Elcamino said:

It would be really nice.   I have him in my 25 player Dynasty, and I wondering if he has the juice to be 'the guy'  It seems they've wanted him to be it before, but injuries seem to get in the way.  if he ends the season well and the coach stays the same....maybe they move to a 1 back system with ivory or whoever as a COP.

They'd probably need to acquire Ivory from the Bills  first for this scenario to play out

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, Joe Odam said:

They'd probably need to acquire Ivory from the Bills  first for this scenario to play out

LOL.  In my mind, Crowell and Ivory are the same dude.  I guess that popped up in comments.

But you get what I mean.  Hoping for a nice game this weekend for long-term outlook.

• Like 1