Sign in to follow this  
DLove

Malik Monk 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He's a great pick up if you need points and 3s. That's it. Don't expect the block production. Maybe a steal per game. 

hell do better than that

ft% is elite and hell contribute with a solid number of assists

he can be cj mccollum lite

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

1-1-1?! Come on man...settle down. He is a skinny 6-3 combo guard who averaged 0.5 blocks in college. He isn't getting close to a block a game. He is a shooter. He will be up and down. This was a nice up. His upside (maybe not this year) is Lou Williams. Think that sort of production...not 1-1-1

You're right... 1-1-1 isn't in the cards and that was a massive hyperbole, but my point is that it's not just about the 18 pts he put up, but the fact that he's playing minutes down the stretch, the Hornets were playing small, and he has potential to give more than just pts, but 3's, and hopefully some defensive stats.

Kemba took like 30 shots, and there was still enough to go around, which is encouraging. I guess we'll see how it shakes out with Lamb, but people were excited about Monk last year and while it was a disappointing start, I'm hopeful that he gets more opportunity to at least show that he belongs before ruling him out.

And IF the prospect of dealing Kemba is there, then I'd hope that the team is going to want to know what they have in Monk, who can plug in for more of that production.

Although now I'm really suffering from post-drop remorse after panicking and dropping Slo-Mo for this dude...

Edited by SirMixalot

3 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

You're right... 1-1-1 isn't in the cards and that was a massive hyperbole, but my point is that it's not just about the 18 pts he put up, but the fact that he's playing minutes down the stretch, the Hornets were playing small, and he has potential to give more than just pts, but 3's, and hopefully some defensive stats.

Kemba took like 30 shots, and there was still enough to go around, which is encouraging. I guess we'll see how it shakes out with Lamb, but people were excited about Monk last year and while it was a disappointing start, I'm hopeful that he gets more opportunity to at least show that he belongs before ruling him out.

And IF the prospect of dealing Kemba is there, then I'd hope that the team is going to want to know what they have in Monk, who can plug in for more of that production.

Although now I'm really suffering from post-drop remorse after panicking and dropping Slo-Mo for this dude...

I did the exact same drop and have no remorse for Slo-Mo lol they going to play Parsons above him. We know what Lamb is... and they used a high pick on Monk. Lets go for the home-run. I think Monk can have a great year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

I did the exact same drop and have no remorse for Slo-Mo lol they going to play Parsons above him. We know what Lamb is... and they used a high pick on Monk. Lets go for the home-run. I think Monk can have a great year.

I don't want to talk more about other players here, so this is the last non-Monk related thing right now: I guess my only concern for SloMo is that we all know Parsons is getting injured sometime this season, and once that happens, SloMo will get his minutes. Till then, Memphis is I guess trying to make the most of that bloated contract by putting him on the floor. 

But yeah, I'm all in on swinging for the fences :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

SloMo just came back and bare;y practiced. Yet, y'all expect him to play 35 minutes out the gate, while coach and front office have stated he was just coming back...?

are u referring to kyle anderson of the grizzlies?

I’m always hunting for FTs help on the wire.

Whats Monk’s potential here? Shoots a very great %, how many FT attempts will we be looking at here?

55 minutes ago, Kobewankenobi said:

are u referring to kyle anderson of the grizzlies?

Seriously lol, who the hell is slo mo?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Seriously lol, who the hell is slo mo?

smh lol - yes its kyle anderson

monk will shoot close to 90% from the line but will barely get there...if he ever learns to be good to great at getting to the line he will be a premier scorer in the league

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

smh lol - yes its kyle anderson

monk will shoot close to 90% from the line but will barely get there...if he ever learns to be good to great at getting to the line he will be a premier scorer in the league

90% is great though, look at how impactful redick is at the line in fantasy. he's not exactly Dwyane Wade on the drive

also dropped kyle anderson for monk. no regrets, at the beginning of the season imo most important to get scorers from the waiver wire. Points are very hard to find later on, while u always can grab a one column specialst (like steals, only thing where kyle anderson is really great)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please re-focus the discussion on Malik Monk. Please take the Kyle Anderson/Slo-Mo posts to his dedicated thread. Thanks!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Run, don't walk.

In the last 2 weeks of the season of last year after he got semi healthy finally (after a severely sprained ankle from September), Monk posted the following in JUST under 25.8 minutes player per game:

19 points

3.8 assists

.7 steals

.7 blocks

He shot 46% from the field and an elite 40% from 3 during that 6 game stretch. 

This was his best 2 week stretch of the season. Fast forward a year and seemingly with just Batum and Lamb ahead of him, even if he doesn't see 33 MPG per night, you would at the very least get some high, high usage from him in a 25-28 MPG role. 

Do not walk to this, especially if you're in a deep league. 

As @Soafanforlife posted above, he played great the last two weeks of the season.

Why can't he have figured things out in his sophomore season with a new coach and a new role?

Dropped Wayne Ellington for this kid. Had to do it after last nights game combined with the late season run. Seriously, he had a great preseason 2017-2018, but the ankle injury derailed him. Also Clifford refused to play him minutes. 

He absolutely passes the eye test. Fast as hell, has over 40 inch vertical. He had couple huge dunks last season, runs the floor like a deer... He is absolutely money from 3point line and can create his own shot (mostly jump shot but still)... He has good confidence and body language tells he is a baller. What he needs is an opportunity and some time. He will grow into a heck of a player front of our eyes.

The crucial thing are his minutes. He was capped at 25 mins last season. If he can approach 30 minutes with this uptempo offense... Man oh man! Who else is going to score on their second unit? And Kemba desperately needs help on the first unit too, lol. Dwight is gone, Batum is a shadow of his former self. And if they sell Kemba? Cmon son! Love his playmaking ability too.

I'm seeing 28 minutes 17-18 points, 2 rebs, 4 ast, 1 stl and close to half a block. Good percentages and 2.5 to 3 three pointers. Ups and downs too, but its going to be better and better as season progressess. IF he gets the chance he deserves. LOU WILL LITE (but not too lite, pretty heavy)

Edited by JormaJormala
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, taco123 said:

Dropped Collison for him.

:rolleyes:           :blink:              :wacko: