Sign in to follow this  
det_tigers

Ricky Rubio 2018-2019 Season Outlook

What's going on here? Benched at the start of 3rd quarter for Exum... 0 pts 1ast 2 reb

I was wondering the same. Close game too. He has 3 fouls, but unless he is hurt it makes no sense.

If you check the +/-, Rubio was benched, the bench took over and brought them back. Is my guess.

absolute trash performance from this bloke. bad sign when the coach benches you in the first game of the season

his career shows he is prone to extended slumps  and when you consider his shocking pre-season we may have to put up with more ****ful performances like this before he turns a corner

at least you can usually expect elite assist numbers and steals when he can't put the ball in - not tonight

bad ricky

4 hours ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Lads, it’s not second half of the season yet. 

Exactly what I’m waiting on lmaooo

• Haha 1

Should I drop him? He is playing so bad right now I'm considering dropping him to pick up McGee or Sabonis (I can afford to drop a pg) in my 8-cat league.

Edited by ginobliLeftyGOAT
needed to add additional info

58 minutes ago, ginobliLeftyGOAT said:

Should I drop him? He is playing so bad right now I'm considering dropping him to pick up McGee or Sabonis (I can afford to drop a pg) in my 8-cat league.

1) Wrong forum

2) You're the over-react guy everyone is always talking about

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

1) Wrong forum

2) You're the over-react guy everyone is always talking about

How is this the wrong forum bud? Isn’t this under fantasy basketball talk?

[edit: I’m new here. Just found the assistant coach forum lol]

I also understand it may it may be a bit of an overreaction but how many more games of this type of production would it take to warrant starting to worry about him? The “second half of the season” argument that people make doesn’t make a whole lot  of sense to me, given that he’s not injured nor is he working with a new team here.

Edited by ginobliLeftyGOAT

24 minutes ago, ginobliLeftyGOAT said:

How is this the wrong forum bud? Isn’t this under fantasy basketball talk?

[edit: I’m new here. Just found the assistant coach forum lol]

I also understand it may it may be a bit of an overreaction but how many more games of this type of production would it take to warrant starting to worry about him? The “second half of the season” argument that people make doesn’t make a whole lot  of sense to me, given that he’s not injured nor is he working with a new team here.

The assistant coach help forum is the one where you wanna ask your question.

& over the years rubio has started slow and finished strong. If you drop him now and someone else picks him up you might end up regretting it later. 4 games in is too soon to panic, but if you got someone on the waivers you wanna pick up and rubio is the only one you can drop then go for it. Just pray it doesn't come back to bite you lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ginobliLeftyGOAT said:

I have him as well on one of my rosters. This is his trend starting off the season. Picks up during the middle and end. Dropping him depends on your roster. Are you lacking in dimes and more importantly PG elig? I'm not dropping him because I think he will pick it up. Might regret it later if you. If you feel there is someone better, younger with upside, then by all means, but as long as he's in the starting line-up, I would keep him. Wire is going to get thin as time goes on.

4 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

If you feel there is someone better, younger with upside, then by all means, but as long as he's in the starting line-up, I would keep him. Wire is going to get thin as time goes on.

Yeah valid point. I'm going to hold and not do anything rash just yet.

1 minute ago, ginobliLeftyGOAT said:

glad to see he's playing well, too bad I sat him today :wacko:

Thanks for taking one for the boys. 

• Haha 1

My opponent dropped him this week.  Scooped him up ASAP.  Could use a couple of stocks.  Glad to have him playing well again.