Sign in to follow this  
hungry

Trevor Ariza 2018-2019 Season Outlook

20 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Why? 

Too many up coming free agents on that squad and I guess they didn't wanna pay him. That above all was what is killing the Wizards this season, too many up and coming FA's playing out of pocket this year. I don't think it's over, I maybe wrong. Howard kinda crushed their hopes too.

He should get back to 2+ threes a game in WAS. The floor spacing that Wall will get to create from a 5 man line up of him, Beal, OPJ and Markieff will be better than anything they could / have fielded this season.

Washington won this trade

• Like 3

Just now, Forever Smooth said:

Too many up coming free agents on that squad and I guess they didn't wanna pay him. That above all was what is killing the Wizards this season, too many up and coming FA's playing out of pocket this year. I don't think it's over, I maybe wrong. Howard kinda crushed their hopes too.

This is Ariza's 2nd stint with the Wizards and to be honest, that was the last time the Wizards were good enough that I could say they going to the ECF. When he left it was a wrap, they've been trying to get back to that ever since. That was like 4-5 years ago or less. He played with this same core group. Do I think that this time? Hell no! They ran up and down the court like deer! 

18 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Why would the Suns do this? 

Because Ariza was on a one year deal and only signed him to fill cap space/flip him later.  Maybe they could have gotten more value but there was no chance they would keep him.

EDIT: You also forget, they're not trying to win.

Edited by StifleTower2

If anything it's a neutral move for Otto/Ariza.  Maybe it's slightly better for Otto as Oubre was higher usage than Ariza and there appeared to be a conflict there.  But I think this makes it less likely they trade Otto, which means he's stuck.  Doesn't change much for Ariza except that he's less likely to be shutdown now.

From a tanking team with a plethora of young wings with a 3-3-3 playoff schedule to a competitive team that just traded away 50 mins of playing time, with the same core that made him a fantasy stud in the past, and has a 4-4-4 playoff schedule? Christmas must have come early for Ariza owners.

Edited by wallacesnoop
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

From a tanking team with a plethora of young wings with a 3-3-3 playoff schedule to a competitive team that just traded away 50 mins of playing time, with the same core that made him a fantasy stud in the past, and has a 4-4-4 playoff schedule? Christmas must have come early for Ariza owners.

That remains to be seen..

2 hours ago, wallacesnoop said:

:lol: Was is lucky they're in the Eastern Conference, they'd be second to last one seed above the Suns in the West.

Well production wise. We are still not sure. But i am hoping Ariza would get a slight bump in minutes and defensive stats. Scoring wise he would be 3rd/4th option. Hope his fg% goes up a bit in the 42-43%. And still give around 1-2 threes and steals per game. 

Predicting a 11/6/2. Production

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gregoden said:

Any idea if Ariza will suit up next game? Wizards 4 game week coming up and Porter Jr on the injury list could 

I would hope so.

• Like 1

I project Ingles-like numbers: 10-12ppg, 43-44% FG, 2 3PM, 1+stls, 3-3 rb-ast.

Those are not bad numbers.

Not sure why everyone is projecting such a bump in fg%. The highest he's shot in the last five years is 41.6%. Certainly he is going to have open shots with Beal and Wall etc. but it's not like he didn't have that in Houston where he shot 40.2%, 41.6%, 40.9%, and 41.2%. Anyway, I do think he has a good chance to produce in Washington esp in the stats you draft him for (3s, steals, okay rebounds) but I just wouldn't count on a big jump in fg%.

• Like 2