Sign in to follow this  
RafiBomb

Nemanja Bjelica 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I reckon he's still going to have a decent role ROS, he can play a number of positions and he makes the players around him better. I'm a believer that Vlade wouldn't let him get relegated to too small a role either.

Bjelica can play a number of positions (SF, PF and even C if they're trying to go small). 

He's been great thus far...and Giles has been absolutely horrible. Giles is averaging like 4 Personal Fouls a game, and that says a lot considering hes only averaging 13 MPG...

Bjelica rarely had an opportunity when he was with MIN, and now he has what looks to be a consistent starting role. He's 6'10, and can space the floor and shoot 3's. He's an underrated defender for his size and I'm honestly not surprised that he's averaging 1+ SPG and almost 1 blk per game.

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Bjelica can play a number of positions (SF, PF and even C if they're trying to go small). 

He's been great thus far...and Giles has been absolutely horrible. Giles is averaging like 4 Personal Fouls a game, and that says a lot considering hes only averaging 13 MPG...

Bjelica rarely had an opportunity when he was with MIN, and now he has what looks to be a consistent starting role. He's 6'10, and can space the floor and shoot 3's. He's an underrated defender for his size and I'm honestly not surprised that he's averaging 1+ SPG and almost 1 blk per game.

I'm not sure what you're basing any of this on analysis of his defense on. Bjelica lacks the agility to defend the perimeter. His career high for blocks in a season is 21. The 3 blocks he got last season will probably be a season high. He's got a great game offensively, very intelligent scorer and very aggressive. He's not an underrated defender at all, he's average on his best nights and won't come anywhere near a block per game. You're right about him playing center though, Sacramento has inexplicably been stupid enough to put him there. He should be playing PF full-time for any team worried about defense.

If this increase in his assists is for real (and obviously he'll need to hold off Bagley for minutes) then he'll need to be owned in all leagues for fantasy purposes.

• Like 4

Just now, XOrad10 said:

woah 5 threes?! solid line.

Man, he just spreads the floor with the sniping 3PT shot and obviously coach trusts him. He's looking like what Saric was for me last year.  I just had to add him in both my competitive leagues. 

17 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

JOERGER DONT MISS THIS UP

Oh don't you worry about that. Joerger will disappoint.

11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Oh don't you worry about that. Joerger will disappoint.

Not if Vlade Divac has anything to say about it ?

Got both Bjelica and Bagley on my team, at least one of them will have a decent night I'd assume. If Bagley is unleashed then I can just drop Bjelica.

On 26/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, miasma16 said:

I'm not sure what you're basing any of this on analysis of his defense on. Bjelica lacks the agility to defend the perimeter. His career high for blocks in a season is 21. The 3 blocks he got last season will probably be a season high. He's got a great game offensively, very intelligent scorer and very aggressive. He's not an underrated defender at all, he's average on his best nights and won't come anywhere near a block per game. You're right about him playing center though, Sacramento has inexplicably been stupid enough to put him there. He should be playing PF full-time for any team worried about defense.

If this increase in his assists is for real (and obviously he'll need to hold off Bagley for minutes) then he'll need to be owned in all leagues for fantasy purposes.

aaaaand he just managed to hold down Wall in a 1vs1 situation, coming out with a block on him. bro, I understand you don't like him because he isn't american and he is not a young fella, but currently he is one of the most complete players on the Kings' roster, defense included. if this guy was a rookie, people would put him in the ROTY contention at the moment. there are many talented guys who don't get the chances they deserve, maybe Bjelica just found his chance in the NBA

• Like 3

5 hours ago, yeet said:

Got both Bjelica and Bagley on my team, at least one of them will have a decent night I'd assume. If Bagley is unleashed then I can just drop Bjelica.

That's called a handcuff, my friend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phatjonny2001 said:

Not if Vlade Divac has anything to say about it ?

I forgot Divac even existed. What a dump of a franchise. 

Worth a waiver claim at #5 in a 12 team league? I’ve been eyeing him all season but keeps getting picked up and dropped.

2 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Worth a waiver claim at #5 in a 12 team league? I’ve been eyeing him all season but keeps getting picked up and dropped.

That's tough, I wouldn't use a 1st-3rd claim on him. Too bad you won't be able to see him play another game before he clears waivers. If he gets double digit shot attempts this year i would do it but who knows with that rotation.

7 hours ago, sgergole said:

bro, I understand you don't like him because he isn't american and he is not a young fella, 

My God, this board is terrible. 

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Why? Just because i pointed out that americans get more attention and recognition than europeans?

37 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

check the comments about JJJ and Bjelica. They have similar numbers. 

For JJJ it is: incredible player

For Bjelica: barely rosterable in 12 teamers

30 minutes ago, sgergole said:

check the comments about JJJ and Bjelica. They have similar numbers. 

For JJJ it is: incredible player

For Bjelica: barely rosterable in 12 teamers

Bjelica is already 30 years old in a crowded frontcourt on a rebuilding team and a terrible coach for fantasy.

JJJ is a future allstar on a rebuilding team with no depth in their frontcourt and already getting big minutes.

Which player would you prefer ROS??

37 minutes ago, sgergole said:

Why? Just because i pointed out that americans get more attention and recognition than europeans?

Go to the Doncic thread if you think so...

• Like 2