Sign in to follow this  
RafiBomb

Nemanja Bjelica 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I regret not picking him up faster in more leagues. Yes, there's a 50% chance he'll fade out in January, but for a WW/streamer spot this production cannot be ignored.

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I get your point, and a smart coach would follow this line of thinking. But Zach Randolph averaged 30mins post-break last year. Killed my Skal play. Even Z-bo didnt understand why he was still playing.

I just checked zbo statline last season and you are right, could very well happen to bjelica this year. And i think we need to factor the vlade connection as well. 

Im now convinced that he's a long term hold. :lol:

Edited by SolariNatividad
  • Haha 3

On 10/26/2018 at 2:09 AM, miasma16 said:

I'm not sure what you're basing any of this on analysis of his defense on. Bjelica lacks the agility to defend the perimeter. His career high for blocks in a season is 21. The 3 blocks he got last season will probably be a season high. He's got a great game offensively, very intelligent scorer and very aggressive. He's not an underrated defender at all, he's average on his best nights and won't come anywhere near a block per game. You're right about him playing center though, Sacramento has inexplicably been stupid enough to put him there. He should be playing PF full-time for any team worried about defense.

If this increase in his assists is for real (and obviously he'll need to hold off Bagley for minutes) then he'll need to be owned in all leagues for fantasy purposes.

Last 4 games:

7 Steals, 6 Blocks

I think that pretty much covers that up....

I based my analysis off of watching him last year in MIN when he was starting...

His numbers were up and down because of having to play with Wiggins, Teague, Butler and KAT.

But when he played 28+ minutes and/or started...it was more likely than not that he threw up at least 1 steal or 1 block, if not both/multiple of each..

Getting 30 MPG this year, he should have no problem grabbing 1.2 SPG and close to 1.0 BPG.

4 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Last 4 games:

7 Steals, 6 Blocks

I think that pretty much covers that up....

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodmade01.html

Just shut up, dude. I've spent enough time today correcting people that don't watch basketball. He's not a good defender.

Signed,

Proud Bjelica owner

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Just shut up, dude. I've spent enough time today correcting people that don't watch basketball. He's not a good defender.

Signed,

Proud Bjelica owner

Sometimes defensive stats don't directly correlate with being a good defender lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Signed,

Proud Bjelica owner

Enjoy all of your "not so good defender" stocks, "proud Bjelica owner".

/served

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Sometimes defensive stats don't directly correlate with being a good defender lol

Case in point, Whiteside from 2015-2017.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

Enjoy all of your "not so good defender" stocks, "proud Bjelica owner".

/served

don’t waste your time bro. 

in the limited time i watched the kings, i think he is a good "team" defender.

He knows how to position himself in the defense and you will seldom see him get lost on defense (a la westbrook or harden, sorry for the comparison)

Directs offensive player towards WCS and knows when to help (the reason for uptick in blocks and steals)..

He is slow laterally and that is why people assume he is not a good defender..

Edited by SolariNatividad
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

in the limited time i watched the kings, i think he is a good "team" defender.

He knows how to position himself in the defense and you will seldom see him get lost on defense (a la westbrook or harden, sorry for the comparison)

Directs offensive player towards WCS and knows when to help (the reason for uptick in blocks and steals)..

He is slow laterally and that is why people assume he is not a good defender..

Right. Intelligent player and a good team defender. As I said, lacks the agility to defend the perimeter and isn't a defensive 5 by any stretch of the imagination. His meal ticket is that he's an extremely skilled and crafty offensive player, always has been. 

• Like 1

Who cares if he’s a good defender or not. Harden sucks at defense and probably averages atleast 1.5 steals. 

The game has so many posessions nowadays that stats aren’t necessarily about your ability. More so about your know how. Enjoy the stocks !

Edited by Walk with me

34 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

Who cares if he’s a good defender or not. Harden sucks at defense and probably averages atleast 1.5 steals. 

sometimes its feels nice to be an armchair analyst and talk about actual basketball alongside fantasy basketball..

sorry for any inconvenience caused..

• Haha 1

Was thinking about picking him up thinking no one else knew about him in my league. Dude I’m going against got him before me....wrecked.

Really like his overall game, I believe he’ll keep his value throughout the season even if Bagley comes one as they’ve already start playing the two together with Bagley at C. At the worst Bjelica will still get 25min, but I think it’ll be closer 27-28 ROS. Good enough for top 100 value even when his efficiency levels off

Bjelica has helped me cope with the burden of losing Kevin Love for several weeks or more. Hoping he can keep this up for the ROS. He is definitely the waiver wire pickup of the year so far, albeit it's still early in the season but so far so good.

8 Team, H2H 8cat. Should I drop Taurean prince, Goran Dragic or Aaron Gordon for him? 

I wanna add him but not sure who to drop.

Just now, itsmavv said:

8 Team, H2H 8cat. Should I drop Taurean prince, Goran Dragic or Aaron Gordon for him? 

Post on AC forum

1 minute ago, itsmavv said:

How many players? Even in 8 team I assume you have worse guys. I'd say Prince of that group but he's a definite add. 

Just now, panthers93 said:

How many players? Even in 8 team I assume you have worse guys. I'd say Prince of that group but he's a definite add. 

13 roster. It’s so tempting I don’t think I can let him sit on waivers lol he’s balling out here and I’m becoming a believer. I was leaning towards Prince as well 

Another Bjelica line!  7-11FG/3-3PTS/2-2FT/19PTS/2REB/2AST/2STL  I mean, he's on a roll and the confidence is certainly there to sustain ROS.  They have a winning formula going on in Sacramento and we just have to enjoy the ride.  He has to be, so far, waiver wire pickup of the year.

• Like 1

I hope they can hover around/over .500 with a shot at making the playoffs. IIRC they have no reason to tank this year, so hopefully Bjelica gets his minutes.

6 minutes ago, phatjonny2001 said:

Another Bjelica line!  7-11FG/3-3PTS/2-2FT/19PTS/2REB/2AST/2STL  I mean, he's on a roll and the confidence is certainly there to sustain ROS.  They have a winning formula going on in Sacramento and we just have to enjoy the ride.  He has to be, so far, waiver wire pickup of the year.

Yeah, blowout too. He did all that in 24 minutes. 

I don't know about winning formula, and it was against Atlanta, but they at least don't look like a joke this year. Bj, fox and hield all looked great tonight and, again, the coaching isn't a joke this year at the least. 

We know how Sacramento management is. This team looks like it should win 30 games easily, so Bj might get more run ROS than the first week skeptics were expecting