Sign in to follow this  
RafiBomb

Nemanja Bjelica 2018-2019 Season Outlook

25 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

Yeah, blowout too. He did all that in 24 minutes. 

I don't know about winning formula, and it was against Atlanta, but they at least don't look like a joke this year. Bj, fox and hield all looked great tonight and, again, the coaching isn't a joke this year at the least. 

We know how Sacramento management is. This team looks like it should win 30 games easily, so Bj might get more run ROS than the first week skeptics were expecting

Well, we are talking about Sacramento here but the "winning formula" I was referring too was the current 5 game winning streak (3 on the road).  There's a lot more games to go and it's early in the season but you have to like what they got going right now.  To expect these types of stats from BJ ROS is not a pipe dream.

• Like 1

Now is the time to trade for this guy while there are still non believers, he’s a lock to finish top 75 imo with top 50 potential 

• Like 1

As someone mentioned, Kings don't have their 2019 picks so tanking is kind of meaningless this season, which bodes well for Bjelica's season outlook.

An interesting piece of Bjelica stats was posted on Reddit today:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, binhdvu83 said:

Now is the time to trade for this guy while there are still non believers, he’s a lock to finish top 75 imo with top 50 potential 

his ceiling is much higher tbh, he fills it up and your only real concern is fg%

He's shooting 59% from the field and 55% from three. And he's in front of marvin bagley, who is better than a lot of people thought and the PF of the future. 

He's due for major regression and now is actually the time to sell.

Just now, negrotiator said:

He's shooting 59% from the field and 55% from three. And he's in front of marvin bagley, who is better than a lot of people thought and the PF of the future. 

He's due for major regression and now is actually the time to sell.

if you haven't watched him play, don't understand his role in the offense and don't understand that the kings think they're a playoff team every single year? 

yeah, sure. "sell high". 

• Like 2

Just now, panthers93 said:

if you haven't watched him play, don't understand his role in the offense and don't understand that the kings think they're a playoff team every single year? 

yeah, sure. "sell high". 

I've watched every kings game this season.

If you think he's going to maintain these percentages, then you haven't been playing fantasy for very long.

2 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

I've watched every kings game this season.

If you think he's going to maintain these percentages, then you haven't been playing fantasy for very long.

strawman. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

that's not strawman lol. that's math.

he's going to regress. a lot.

Kind of blurring lines here

Your argument against him is strawman

2 minutes ago, negrotiator said:

that's not strawman lol.

yes it is, i never said he would shoot 60% for the rest of the season. that insinuation and you calling me a fantasy noob are both strawman arguments because (surprise, "sell high on a player you got off the waiver wire) you have a habit of making weak arguments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Kind of blurring lines here

Your argument against him is strawman

mayyybe blurring the lines.

his argument was to trade FOR him right now, which is is absolutely ridiculous.

value-wise, telling people to trade for him right now implies that his value is not really inflated, which is it. by his shooting percentages.

4 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

you have a habit of making weak arguments. 

your argument to trade for him right now is not a good one.

28 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

yeah, sure. "sell high". 

oh, and by the way.... strawman. lol.

Sell him who for who exactly? Most people think he'll regressed (which he will %s wise). Im not sure anyone would give up an established top 75 guy for him right now. Im just saying I believe his value/role will be solid ROS

• Like 2

Sell him who for who exactly? Most people think he'll regressed (which he will %s wise). Im not sure anyone would give up an established top 75 guy for him right now. Im just saying I believe his value/role will be solid ROS

Doubt it. The Kings will start slipping and his minutes will eventually be reduced. He is a very easy sell high.

12 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Doubt it. The Kings will start slipping and his minutes will eventually be reduced. He is a very easy sell high.

Nah.

Can’t sell high because no one will buy with a top 75 player.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Nah.

Can’t sell high because no one will buy with a top 75 player.

Pretty ridiculous to say that. You don't know what people will be willing to trade until you try. Guys like Thad Young and Jonas Valanciunas are top 75 players. I don't think it's that crazy of an idea that somebody would move a guy like that for a red hot Bjelica.

18 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Pretty ridiculous to say that. You don't know what people will be willing to trade until you try. Guys like Thad Young and Jonas Valanciunas are top 75 players. I don't think it's that crazy of an idea that somebody would move a guy like that for a red hot Bjelica.

Pretty ridiculous to assume people haven’t tried. Contextually speaking, not everyone will play in a casual league where they give up relatively predictable ROS players for Bjelica. 

I’m also not sure what I gain by trying to pawn him off this early in the season (we’ve played less than 10 games) for someone like Thad. Where’s the fun in that?

• Like 1

If I had him, I would just keep him to see what happens. Of course he isn’t going to maintain the 58 FG%, but even with a drop off in that, he still will be productive.

And who knows, he could still shoot 50%. That is not so unbelievable

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Pretty ridiculous to assume people haven’t tried. Contextually speaking, not everyone will play in a casual league where they give up relatively predictable ROS players for Bjelica. 

I’m also not sure what I gain by trying to pawn him off this early in the season (we’ve played less than 10 games) for someone like Thad. Where’s the fun in that?

I'm not assuming people haven't tried. But just because it wasn't successful in one person's league doesn't mean it won't be in another's. 

"Not everyone will play in a casual league where they give up relatively predictable ROS players for Bjelica." I think you've got it totally backwards here. People would be more apt to give up predictable but low end production to take a risk on upside in competitive leagues. Those are the types of moves that end up winning you a championship.

And you're right, it wouldn't be much fun getting Thad in return. I'm not suggesting you do that. The point was that he's been a perennial top 75 player and you suggested they were untouchable in a Bjelica trade.

I think you really can't go wrong with a WW pick like Bjelica. You basically either keep him and see if he can maintain top-75 for ROS or ensure a top-75 player AT NO COST. It now depends on how risk averse you are. The biggest question is always minutes. Joerger, bless him, has had a history of playing vets 30mins deep into the season despite the logjam of high-pick bigs. Regression is to be expected, even then i don't think he can slide further than 100.

Edited by ellejamil