12345game10

Montrezl Harrell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He’s a hold for me, but Was expecting more minutes for him tbh.

Edited by 12345game10

He's a hold.

Lost in all the overreaction of game 1's today, he's one of those that can still produce top 100-125 value in under 20 minutes.

dude mainly played at PF today, as doc rode on boban - who has consistently feasted against jokic and the nuggets before. but against other quicker teams, harrell should and will get the majority of minutes at back-up C (with some F minutes as well). hopefully he gets 20+ minutes in a game more often than not.

Finally a nice line. This is pretty much what I expected when I drafted him.

Do you guys think he can somehow overleap Gortat?

26 minutes ago, night said:

Worth a look? 

If he can consistently get 25+ minutes a night...probably worth holding to see.  Not like there are a ton of good big men out there.

1 hour ago, superjew said:

If he can consistently get 25+ minutes a night...probably worth holding to see.  Not like there are a ton of good big men out there.

agreed..this dude plays like Capela..i don't see why he can't get more minutes over Gortat n Boban. All they got is size, they should get minutes in teens while Harell should get 25mins+

11 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

agreed..this dude plays like Capela..i don't see why he can't get more minutes over Gortat n Boban. All they got is size, they should get minutes in teens while Harell should get 25mins+

Should...

• Haha 2

Everyone with some dead weight or a streaming spot should pick him for tomorrow and see if he gets the same minutes. I still believe Gortat will start but the Table could definitely get some good minutes off the bench.

Does Trez have a potential to be a Ben Wallace type guy? Reb and defend. I was looking at Ben Wallace's stats early in his career and he blossomed late. Trez seems to bring that same type of energy. With the way teams run small ball lineups so often now, trez seems to fit well, just not sure how skilled it really is. There are a few plays in the video above that show he can box out and also seems to chase the blocks. He's had at least 2 blocks in all 3 games so far, even in limited minutes. Hope we have something here. Bigs seem even harder to come by this year. 

54 minutes ago, DLove said:

Does Trez have a potential to be a Ben Wallace type guy? Reb and defend. I was looking at Ben Wallace's stats early in his career and he blossomed late. Trez seems to bring that same type of energy. With the way teams run small ball lineups so often now, trez seems to fit well, just not sure how skilled it really is. There are a few plays in the video above that show he can box out and also seems to chase the blocks. He's had at least 2 blocks in all 3 games so far, even in limited minutes. Hope we have something here. Bigs seem even harder to come by this year. 

No, you're going off of 3 games this year, as opposed to the rest of his career. If he's playing center, he's not a good rebounder. Blocking is mediocre. He's really not similar to Wallace in any way, shape or form. 

the back to back blocks on AD at the end of the half was great.  He is clearly the Clips best center and the fact he isn't starting lends to how stupid and clueless Doc is as a coach

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

News flash: he's a good player. His per minute production was off the charts last year. I have no clue why Doc won't unleash him over the corpse that is Gortat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Stallion said:

News flash: he's a good player. His per minute production was off the charts last year. I have no clue why Doc won't unleash him over the corpse that is Gortat.

His blocks per 36 the past three years: 1.0, 1.4, 1.4. 

This year? 4.2. Now that's off the charts. 

Let's just hope Rivers is done messing around with Boban (2.5 mins/g last 2, so looks like it) and gives Trez the 24ish+ mpg he deserves. Gortat is cooked, washed, finished, used up, kaput, and done. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Let's just hope Rivers is done messing around with Boban (2.5 mins/g last 2, so looks like it) and gives Trez the 24ish+ mpg he deserves. Gortat is cooked, washed, finished, used up, kaput, and done. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:58 PM, superjew said:

Should...

On 10/22/2018 at 9:46 PM, skyjogger13 said:

His 4.2 blocks/game is most likely due to insane increase in pace in NBA + changes on defense rules.

Anyhow, that's a sig. improvement.. and Boban can't keep up with pace and Gortat can't either.

It's time to pick him up- 22-25 mins coming

6 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Obviously 4 blocks is out of the question but how about 1.75 - 2?

debating on dropping crowder or warren  for Harrell.

52 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Obviously 4 blocks is out of the question but how about 1.75 - 2?

debating on dropping crowder or warren  for Harrell.

I dropped Crowder to stream Harrell in for todays game and I don’t think I’m dropping him anytime soon. Unless you need 3’s theres no real reason to have Crowder over Harrell imo

Hoping that the blocks and FT shooting (not likely) are sustainable. 

He's been blocking a lot since the preseason so there's reason to hope for the continued increase in blocks.