12345game10

Montrezl Harrell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, Wogee said:

Should i waste 1st waiver priority on him? (yahoo 12teams points league)

Yes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cdrichar said:

So is this guy a must own or what?

He's been top 10 since Rivers stopped messing around with Boban.

1hBnGfp.png

Must own? Nah, who would want a player like that on their team? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Are we going to see a severe regression of his FT%?

Looks like it 

This guy definitely legit!  It's only a matter of time before he's starting. Gortat looks like a walking corpse.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

16 minutes?! Geez I wish he could get 25 consistently 

Right? But if this is what he is doing in 16 minutes, can't complain too much.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

16 minutes?! Geez I wish he could get 25 consistently 

it was a blowout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

This guy definitely legit!  It's only a matter of time before he's starting. Gortat looks like a walking corpse.

I'm not sure starting would help his numbers, he'd be competing with Gallo and Tobias for touches. Plus the starting unit has no or very little playmakers with Beverly & Bradley, the first unit relies on off ball movement, transition and Gallo post ups. Harrell would be limited to transition and offensive rebounds opportunities as a starter. Off the bench he gets spoon fed by the likes of Lou Williams and Teodosic and gets more post ups without anybody else clogging the paint. Going against 2nd string talent is nice too! More minutes at Gortat's expense when the other's teams starters come back in at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters wouldn't hurt, but it's just going to vary night to night. Depends on matchups, score and whether there's an opportunity to feature Boban for the fans I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, 2Treez said:

I'm not sure starting would help his numbers, he'd be competing with Gallo and Tobias for touches. Plus the starting unit has no or very little playmakers with Beverly & Bradley, the first unit relies on off ball movement, transition and Gallo post ups. Harrell would be limited to transition and offensive rebounds opportunities as a starter. Off the bench he gets spoon fed by the likes of Lou Williams and Teodosic and gets more post ups without anybody else clogging the paint. Going against 2nd string talent is nice too! More minutes at Gortat's expense when the other's teams starters come back in at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters wouldn't hurt, but it's just going to vary night to night. Depends on matchups, score and whether there's an opportunity to feature Boban for the fans I guess.

While I generally agree with all the very valid points you make, I believe that talent + opportunity (minutes) = production. There's no way that he's not going to surpass the numbers he's been posting if he gets the starting job and 30+ minutes per game, but as you mentioned, if he stays on the second unit, but syphons another 6 to 8 to minutes off Gortat, then that'd be good as well. At some point Rivers will have to make an adjustment because the player that used to be the Polish hammer is now the Polish cotton ball.

• Like 1

Love the guy but the free throws are concerning since he shoots such a high volume (6.5/game). Imagine if he shot his normal % the other night when he took 15 free throws. Hope he can maintain 70% or better.

11 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Cut city?

seems like a match-up situation..he's gonna get less burn against a larger post-up C like Embiid

EDIT: oh..and foul trouble

Edited by LuN