Stallion

Willie Cauley-Stein 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Where is his thread?

Been a bit slept on this season, but has opened up his season with the following line:

10/15 from the field

3/6 from the line

23 pts / 7 rebounds / 4 assists / 1 steal / 2 blocks / 0 turnovers

I think he could turn out to have a really nice season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slime said:

U think he’ll hold up with Bagly on the team?

Bagley plays PF, he's the starting C. I think he's the only kings big man with a guaranteed role

Every year WCS has a few games where you think “wow, he’s going to be a top 50 player” and then he adds a few clunkers, plays 20 mins, and we’re brought back to earth. It’s encouraging that he dominated Gobert and that he “wants to get paid” this year, but I’ll need to see more before buying in to an actual breakout. 

Didn't play at all the last 15 minutes :/ which is a bummer because he was having a solid game till then. What are the odds he gets traded at some point this season? Being on the Kings is gonna hurt his value all year.

26 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Didn't play at all the last 15 minutes :/ which is a bummer because he was having a solid game till then. What are the odds he gets traded at some point this season? Being on the Kings is gonna hurt his value all year.

Don't think he's getting traded tbh

I personally avoided WCS in all drafts.  he's a good player but he's looking to get paid.  I'm not certain if the kings are convinced that he's their guy.  a trade would not help WCS as I don't think there are a lot of teams that can use a big who's still more of a traditional big.  a trade would open things up for bagley III and harry Giles though, which I think would be King's main incentive for doing the trade(and also to avoid overpaying WCS like the heat did with Winslow).  to be clear this is all speculation.  I don't have any sources to confirm any of this lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ranked 54th in Yahoo Roto leagues. Putting up 16/8/2 right now. I think the Kings will continue to unleash him, given that they are rebuilding and want to see what they have in him. I snagged him at 12.139 back in my August draft, and he's been a pleasant surprise so far. 

• Like 2

Shout out to the boy Willie, ranked 32 in my points league, grabbed him in the 9th round and hes straight beasting! Go Kings

I don't understand some of the comments here.. He's been playing really well thus far. He's had foul trouble a couple times and last game was a blowout. They are winning and he's their starting center. He will get minutes and has shows thus far he will produce. 

4 minutes ago, jungmich said:

Recent foul trouble and just game flow (blowouts).

Yup! But when he does get minutes it’s almost a double double guaranteed ☺️

On 12/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

why is this guy only playing less than 20 minutes every other game? is it foul trouble or what?

He's just not that great of a player. He's serviceable, but ideally I don't believe he should be a starter in the NBA. I picked him up at out desperation in on league and am contemplating packing him for a trade or possibly just dropping him since a player I was shaky on is exceeding my expectations. 

1 hour ago, nlm said:

Does anybody know if he was hurt tonight?

He wasn't. Check the game box score, you will find out easily what happened.

• Like 1

Should we start selling him now amidst these rumors?

1 hour ago, wisegeeks said:

Should we start selling him now amidst these rumors?

There sure is a lot of smoke to the Kanter rumors.  Given how bad the Kings are at rebounding, there might be fire as well.

3 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

just got this guy in a trade! ugh, knicks better not move kanter lol

Same for me I just got him last week.

Kanter "DTD - Illness"

Could be a coincidence .....