Sign in to follow this  
thezing1

Waiver Wire Thread - Week 1 ending 10/21

Please use this thread to post about waiver wire options for Week 1. Remember, all of your specific questions about your fantasy team and add/drop type stuff needs to be posted in the Assistant Coach forum. This thread is for discussion about the waiver wire options. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I know he's been hyped up ad nauseum here, but Siakam is only owned in 21% of CBS leagues and an astounding 5% in ESPN leagues

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I know he's been hyped up ad nauseum here, but Siakam is only owned in 21% of CBS leagues and an astounding 5% in ESPN leagues

Picked him up because of the hype, but not sure what it's all about? Potentially a starter? Please lmk if he's worth the keep! 

Trey Burke.. performed well in limited min due to blowout. Mudiay out and frank playing another position. He should be solid 

Danny Green seems like he could put early numbers like before he started to suck, what do you guys think?

The first 1-2 weeks is all about hunting those guys who you can hold ROS, not just streamers and I think there could be a few sitting on wires.

• Like 5

I love me some Danny Green. He seems super plugged into Toronto and I think a change of scenery has done him good. I wouldn't be surprised if he was top-50 ROS.

• Like 1

Picked up PJ Tucker and dropped Harry Giles. 

Usage, 3 and D guy on a team that needs defense, and he got minutes at Center.

That added position will increase his value, so I'm buying into the potential. 

Bobby Portis could have a break out year and should be a straight beast this season barring Markkanen relegating him to under 25 mpg. 

Malik Monk is a lottery pick with a very high ceiling and looks like he’ll be getting a whole lotta run this year. 

1 hour ago, bucknut said:

not sure why sixers got rid of bellilini and stauskas 

Stauskas is garbage... Bellinelli and Ersan both got multi year deals from other teams that the sixers werent willing to commit to.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, patrick_chewing said:

Stauskas is garbage... Bellinelli and Ersan both got multi year deals from other teams that the sixers werent willing to commit to.

He just balled out today..fluke? consistent off the bench? let's find out..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

He just balled out today..fluke? consistent off the bench? let's find out..

1 year in Sacramento, 3 years in Philadelphia. 1 game in Portland. Forget the 267 career games prior and let's go with his 1 career game in Portland.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, turner46 said:

1 year in Sacramento, 3 years in Philadelphia. 1 game in Portland. Forget the 267 career games prior and let's go with his 1 career game in Portland.

haha new team + late bloomer can go a long way in fantasy world

6 hours ago, skyjogger13 said:

haha new team + late bloomer can go a long way in fantasy world

True it is possible 

I’d definitely keep my eyes on guys like Trier and McGruder.

McGruder was always one of Spo’s favorite players and is in a good spot to finally stake a claim that he deserves big minutes. He’s also playing in his 4th year which is usually the magic number for a player who hasn’t fully broken out yet & will be playing for a contract.

Trier just looks like a man on a mission to prove he should’ve gone drafted by a team & is playing with momentum (from the preseason) to back him up. I love guys like this, but his value curren ya depends on Hardaway’s minutes so he’ll be a bit trickier to rely on until something drastic were to happen.

• Thanks 1

Garrett Temple? May be a better option than Stauskas

Mcgruder seems still iffy as an add because Ellington and Winslow are coming back. Won’t add him for now. 

Stauskas as mentioned above has too much a sample to trust him to be consistent. I’d give it a few more games. Even in my 16 team no one is picking him up because of this reason. 

What intrigues me now is Stauskas’ teammate Zach Collins - do you guys think he can carve out a nice role? Aminu and Leonard are garbage and Vonleh/Davis are not on the team anymore. Thinking about adding him for Hernangomez.

37 minutes ago, LuN said:

Garrett Temple? May be a better option than Stauskas

Definitely a better option. His usage is real. Memphis has nothing.

30 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Mcgruder seems still iffy as an add because Ellington and Winslow are coming back. Won’t add him for now. 

Stauskas as mentioned above has too much a sample to trust him to be consistent. I’d give it a few more games. Even in my 16 team no one is picking him up because of this reason. 

What intrigues me now is Stauskas’ teammate Zach Collins - do you guys think he can carve out a nice role? Aminu and Leonard are garbage and Vonleh/Davis are not on the team anymore. Thinking about adding him for Hernangomez.

Yeah, Mcgruder is strictly a short-term add, if that. Collins sucks, those blocks were a mirage as I explained in his thread. Until he's starting ahead of Nurkic he's completely useless.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Definitely a better option. His usage is real. Memphis has nothing.

Yeah, Mcgruder is strictly a short-term add, if that. Collins sucks, those blocks were a mirage as I explained in his thread. Until he's starting ahead of Nurkic he's completely useless.

Didn’t Collins get PF minutes though?

7 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Didn’t Collins get PF minutes though?

Not really, he got the overwhelming majority of his minutes at center last year and i don't think he played pf at all last night