23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

All these Jokic posts are funny. He does this every once in a while, dude literally touches the ball every single possession so has a chance to get stats in any area. Unicorn fantasy player pts, 3s, rebs, assists, steals, FG%, FT%. 

I think a Buy-Low window for a clear cut 1st round player simply means that there's an opportunity to buy that player.  That typically means you can get them for fairish value  (i.e. two established top 30ish players in 12 teamers).  If they are performing, owners aren't selling unless you are grossly overpaying, no one is trading their first pick to get "fair" value back; in competitive leagues that is.  In amateur leagues, anything goes.

Edited by socal.trades714@yahoo.com
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

All these Jokic posts are funny. He does this every once in a while, dude literally touches the ball every single possession so has a chance to get stats in any area. Unicorn fantasy player pts, 3s, rebs, assists, steals, FG%, FT%. 

Foreal, dude was dancing around triple double production and people are just throwing that out of the window? I'm keeping him is all I know 

41 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

I think a Buy-Low window for a clear cut 1st round player simply means that there's an opportunity to buy that player.

Bingo.

No one goes around deaperate to sell their first rounder. If anything the approach is "HOLD" (hello! Just look at the advice in this thread: Buy low on all slumping first rounders if you don't own them, hold if you do).

That said, if the guy isn't playing all that great, or there's a lingering injury, the thought begins to creep in the managers head: "Maybe this isn't (player name)'s year."

Make good offer and the manager will consider it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

But would you consider selling, period? That's the question.

If I had an offer for like AD or curry or harden or something I'd consider it. I just really like jokic and he's fun to watch so I'm not really too keen on selling regardless. 

5 minutes ago, litigator said:

How about K. Love? Can we get him now for peanuts and just wait until he plays?

Do not like his outlook this season. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

Would you rather have Adams or LeVert in a punt ft% build?

adams imo. good fg plus stocks, not to mention his rebs (especially when brodie is out)

14 minutes ago, xfactor99 said:

Do we think Tatum will improve on his stats this year?

not with full team Boston. Brad Stevens is gonna raise Hayward's minutes gradually. 

19 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Bingo.

No one goes around deaperate to sell their first rounder. If anything the approach is "HOLD" (hello! Just look at the advice in this thread: Buy low on all slumping first rounders if you don't own them, hold if you do).

That said, if the guy isn't playing all that great, or there's a lingering injury, the thought begins to creep in the managers head: "Maybe this isn't (player name)'s year."

Make good offer and the manager will consider it.

When he was struggling around December last year the Jokic owner in my league sold him for Simmons and Collins. His rationale was “he’s not playing like a first rounder this season.” He then proceeded to be like the number 2 ranked player from that point forward. This is an established league where everyone has been playing for 10 plus years.  So I’ve seen that buying low for first rounders does occur. 

Edited by Purple Hippo

On 11/10/2018 at 2:42 AM, csklmf said:

not with full team Boston. Brad Stevens is gonna raise Hayward's minutes gradually. 

Yeah, with that being said- couldn't we just say Sell tatum high?

Only thing that's stopping me is my belief that he may play ALOT come the end of the season as they may rest guys like Hayward and Kyrie 

3 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Do we think Bledsoe is a buy low candidate?

He looks like one but personally I don't think he fits on the Bucks. Giannis does everything better running the ball anyways and Bledsoe needs the ball in his hands to be better.

22 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

He looks like one but personally I don't think he fits on the Bucks. Giannis does everything better running the ball anyways and Bledsoe needs the ball in his hands to be better.

Bledsoe was top ten in final month last season. I think he can fit in fine in Milwaukee. Probably just adjusting to a different coach and system but one that should fit him. Good buy low candidate I think

3 minutes ago, Mfbenoit said:

Bledsoe was top ten in final month last season. I think he can fit in fine in Milwaukee. Probably just adjusting to a different coach and system but one that should fit him. Good buy low candidate I think

Don't forget last season Bucks without Brogdon(injury near whole season) and Brook,both of them need shot

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kane said:

Don't forget last season Bucks without Brogdon(injury near whole season) and Brook,both of them need shot

Thats fair but brogdon was near full strength at end of last season when bledsoe went big. Lopez doesnt really demand usage, he just gets it when the other good players create shots for him. He creates so much more space for bledsoe and giannis to operate. I really think bledsoe will be fine or better. He likely wants to earn one more big contract soon