23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

16 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Garry Harris

Yes he is.

Wiggins is great buy low right now, and so is Mike Conley.  

Wiggins average stats rank him at 49, with a big uptick in 3's, steals, and blocks.  With Butler out of town, we're looking at more of the same effort stats on defense, and continuing to launch 3's, just with more usage and PPG.  I'm calling a top 40 finish this season for Wiggins.

Conley is a consistent top 30 guy, and his injury caused people to shy away from paying to much in drafts.  His value is being hampered by really low %'s and those will even at, and his ranking will be up at 25-35, soon.  The addition of JJJ could help get this team into a better position to make, and compete in the playoffs.  I feel a good year coming from Conley, and Gasol this year, while JJJ slowly develops into a top 60 player with potential to be drafted top 40 as soon as next year.

Levert's rank has dropped from a few subpar games, and owner could think that maybe his hot start was a fluke, or at least the high point of his season.  That definitely won't be the case, since Brooklyn sees him as their leader, and future.  If you can buy on Levert, consider him a top 40 talent, and try moving a guy like Gallinari or another guy with injury risk, or playing over his head at the moment. 

Vucevic is another player I'd sell ASAP before he gets traded, or at the very least, the Magic lose so many games so quickly, that they tank and develop Bamba, and Isaac, limiting Vuc's minutes, and usage. 

3 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

Levert's rank has dropped from a few subpar games, and owner could think that maybe his hot start was a fluke, or at least the high point of his season.  That definitely won't be the case, since Brooklyn sees him as their leader, and future.  If you can buy on Levert, consider him a top 40 talent, and try moving a guy like Gallinari or another guy with injury risk, or playing over his head at the moment. 

Vucevic is another player I'd sell ASAP before he gets traded, or at the very least, the Magic lose so many games so quickly, that they tank and develop Bamba, and Isaac, limiting Vuc's minutes, and usage. 

If his time in Charlotte shows anything, Steve Clifford does not favor young players, especially when they clearly aren't as good as the veteran (like we see with Bamba and Vuc). Charlotte's prized rookie Malik Monk only saw 14 minutes/game last year playing behind Jeremy Lamb and Batum (who was frequently hurt).. Let alone the fact that Vuc is pretty clearly their best player, I don't see the Magic tanking/limiting Vuc's minutes with Clifford at the helm.

3 minutes ago, akund said:

If his time in Charlotte shows anything, Steve Clifford does not favor young players, especially when they clearly aren't as good as the veteran (like we see with Bamba and Vuc). Charlotte's prized rookie Malik Monk only saw 14 minutes/game last year playing behind Jeremy Lamb and Batum (who was frequently hurt).. Let alone the fact that Vuc is pretty clearly their best player, I don't see the Magic tanking/limiting Vuc's minutes with Clifford at the helm.

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that the Magic don't look like a good team AGAIN this year.  I'd bet Vuc is getting heavy usage to showcase him for a trade come the deadline.  This team as-is can't compete, and Vuc doesn't fit the other young players' timelines.  Gordon was super young when he was drafted in 2014, and just signed long term with a really team friendly contract at age 23.  They're looking for him to be their future number 2 scorer / leader, with Isaac and Bamba to be lock-down big men defenders and rim protectors.  Finally, the front office is thinking a few years ahead, and being smart with their finances.

Steve Clifford is trying to coach to win but it's not his decision to deal Vuc.  His coaching style just helps Vuc's value.  This team is 1 move away from having a seriously talented young core up and down the starting line up.  If they can move Vuc for Rozier, they can all develop together, like the Nuggets, and be on their way to becoming a competitive team as soon as next year.  In 2-3 years, with Rozier, or a similarly young, and talented PG / playmaker, the Magic will be relevant again.  I can't imagine them playing through this season as a middle-of-the-pack team that gets the no draft pick, and wastes Vuc's prime.

All of info above is good reason for Vuc to be a sell high guy.  I'd be shocked if he's still on the Magic by the deadline.  I'd also be shocked if he goes to a team that he is clearly the best player on the team.  If shipped to Boston, he'll be the back up to Horford.  There are a few other potential destinations for him, and none of them result in Vuc as the number 1 or 2 guy.  Most likely, not the 3 guy either.

Sell high - kyle lowry. Near peak value right now, raps playing amazing. Super easy to sell for any 2nd rounder you want basically. He has a long history of having great fantasy seasons until a few weeks or a month before the H2H playoffs starting where he breaks down and plays like a 150th ranked player.

I think it may be conditioning related, so if maybe he works harder on that this won't be an issue. I've owned him when it happens and I've seen it in a bunch of other seasons this same pattern. 

Hes such a monster when he is rolling like this though that it's hard to let him go. I would try to upgrade him to a lillard or oladipo or kemba. Something like that maybe you have to add in a late rounder or upside stash. 

• Like 4

my new list of hot sell highs:
Nurkic Conley Randle

of course Vucevic remains a great sell high before been dealt near the deadline to open playing time for Bamba

1 minute ago, Chickenmane said:

Just acquired him for Derrick White, lets hope he starts turning things around 

Who man lol

7 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

If anybody has been successful in trading Vucevic.. Who did you target for him as a sell high? 

I bought low on Kevin Love & Otto Porter for Vucevic & Gay

16 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

If anybody has been successful in trading Vucevic.. Who did you target for him as a sell high? 

he has no appeal because everybody knows he'll be traded at some point by the Magic

On 11/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, HulkSmash said:

Wiggins is great buy low right now, and so is Mike Conley.  

Wiggins average stats rank him at 49, with a big uptick in 3's, steals, and blocks.  With Butler out of town, we're looking at more of the same effort stats on defense, and continuing to launch 3's, just with more usage and PPG.  I'm calling a top 40 finish this season for Wiggins.

Conley is a consistent top 30 guy, and his injury caused people to shy away from paying to much in drafts.  His value is being hampered by really low %'s and those will even at, and his ranking will be up at 25-35, soon.  The addition of JJJ could help get this team into a better position to make, and compete in the playoffs.  I feel a good year coming from Conley, and Gasol this year, while JJJ slowly develops into a top 60 player with potential to be drafted top 40 as soon as next year.

I would definitely go after Wiggins. As you said with Jimmy gone it's his time to put up those stats, but depending on the GM you try and get him from it could be too late now that the trade has happened. 

Not so sure about Conley but if you're not giving up too much then sure.  

On 11/12/2018 at 6:56 PM, richg24 said:

Sell high - kyle lowry. 

Every year he's a sell high in the first half of the season. Second half is where he'll burn ya. Get all you can for him before asb.

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

Is Jabari Parker a sell high?

Yes in therms of this is the highest value he'll have imo before Lauri and Portis return. As far as what you can actually get for him? Not really sure he's not "all that". 

39 minutes ago, izeroi said:

I would definitely go after Wiggins. As you said with Jimmy gone it's his time to put up those stats, but depending on the GM you try and get him from it could be too late now that the trade has happened. 

Not so sure about Conley but if you're not giving up too much then sure.  

Every year he's a sell high in the first half of the season. Second half is where he'll burn ya. Get all you can for him before asb.

Yes in therms of this is the highest value he'll have imo before Lauri and Portis return. As far as what you can actually get for him? Not really sure he's not "all that". 

What do you think I could get for Lowry and Jabari Parker paired together? Categories league.

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

What do you think I could get for Lowry and Jabari Parker paired together? Categories league.

Depends on other GM's in your league, but me personally I have zero problems contacting a GM and asking for a trade like KD for Lowry (knowing they'll say no) then going from there and offering an additional piece that's not going to ruin you.

Adding Parker doesn't really do much imo. He's a sell high but a low value sell high. He's not going to be a player that I add with Lowry that helps get me get who I want.

I feel like a broken record because I've said this in other threads, but I've owned lowry the last 4 years (my fault) and he's either gotten hurt or rests during playoffs when I've needed him the most and that's before we get on the topic of his usual second half cool off which is known by lowry owners. I have zero doubts he'll be rested this year during playoffs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Nurkic Conley Randle

of course Vucevic remains a great sell high before been dealt near the deadline to open playing time for Bamba

When is the trade deadline?

5 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Nurkic Conley Randle

Why Randle? 

Who do you think I should ask for for serge ibaka, I am in 1st place in ast and blocks rn in my league and need 3pointers and ft

People get it all wrong imo.

You shouldn't seek to sell high on a guy because you think he's doing too well. Rather, you should sell because you think his production is going to collapse.

A fourth round pick that's playing like a 1st rounder is not a sell high. Rather, that player is a key cog on a fantasy championship winning team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

People get it all wrong imo.

You shouldn't seek to sell high on a guy because you think he's doing too well. Rather, you should sell because you think his production is going to collapse.

A fourth round pick that's playing like a 1st rounder is not a sell high. Rather, that player is a key cog on a fantasy championship winning team.

Agreed and Liked your comment, but if that 4th rounder nets you a 2nd rounder because you think the 2nd rounder has less chances of his production collapsing (ie higher floor), then I would pull the trigger. 

• Like 2