23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

Sell high just means he is having a hot streak to begin the season.  Not every guy with higher value than his ADP is a sell high, though.  You've gotta really pay attention to opportunity, development and incentive ( contract years ).

 

Someone said Conley is a sell high, which is def not true.  He's a buy low, and one of the top buy lows in the league.   

 

I'll name a few more Buy Low and Sell High's tomorrow with my reasoning and predictions but for right now go get Andrew Wiggins, ( he's about to blow up ) Mike Conley, ( solid 30 overall guy underperforming, but not for long ) 

 

Sell Ben Simmons ( Butler trade, both can't runt he offense ) , Steven Adams ( his stats are inflated due to Westbrook out often ),  Deandre Ayton ( if it's not already too late) and Gallinari ( he'll break his ankle ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 more of each real quick

 

Buy Low:  Gordon Hayward ( he's going to get really comfortable really soon.  Kyrie is making sure of it, should finish top 55 and his owner could be growing impatient ) Eric Bledsoe ( he'll finish around 20 overall, awesome def stats, and hasn't found consistent groove but look how he finished last season )

 

Sell High:  IBjelica (  I'm happy for the Kings but they're record will slowly drop, and Bagley will get more minutes so they can develop their young huge upside guys more, and focus less on winning ) Draymond Green ( this isn't a definite, but if you can get similar value back for him, get rid of the risk Golden State trades him to get a silent agreement for Durant to stay another year or two.  If he's traded his value will plummet ).

 

 

Edited by HulkSmash
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

2 more of each real quick

 

Buy Low:  Gordon Hayward ( he's going to get really comfortable really soon.  Kyrie is making sure of it, should finish top 55 and his owner could be growing impatient ) Eric Bledsoe ( he'll finish around 20 overall, awesome def stats, and hasn't found consistent groove but look how he finished last season )

 

Sell High:  IBjelica (  I'm happy for the Kings but they're record will slowly drop, and Bagley will get more minutes so they can develop their young huge upside guys more, and focus less on winning ) Draymond Green ( this isn't a definite, but if you can get similar value back for him, get rid of the risk Golden State trades him to get a silent agreement for Durant to stay another year or two.  If he's traded his value will plummet ).

 

 

You really think hayward is a buy low? Don’t you Think there are to many mouths to feed in Boston?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

You really think hayward is a buy low? Don’t you Think there are to many mouths to feed in Boston?

 

I keep hearing people say that but look at the Warriors.  These team are so similar, it's crazy.  You'll see it more when they really get it going.

 

They are staggering Kyrie and Hayward so they'll both get a lot of time to run the offense each game.  Kyrie should be top 10 with 25ppg.  Tatum should develop, and get consistent being top 35 with 20ppg, Hayward will definitely find his form and finish around 35-40 with 18-20ppg.  Horford is a swiss army knife but will take a step back this year in fantasy with 50-60 overall, 12-14ppg. Jaylen will have a down year, unfortunately and he irrelevant for fantasy but huge upside long term, just not his time yet.

 

Curry / Kyrie

Tatum / Durant  

Hayward / Klay

Horford / Draymond

 

There's more than enough ball to go around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brandayz said:

You really think hayward is a buy low? Don’t you Think there are to many mouths to feed in Boston?

 

Agree...

 

Boston are too many weapons..I only trust on Oncle Drew..lol

 

I hate the good teams like Boston....if you haven’t the Franchise player on your roster...all depend of the match up.

Edited by 23_gaby_23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

 

I keep hearing people say that but look at the Warriors.  These team are so similar, it's crazy.  You'll see it more when they really get it going.

 

They are staggering Kyrie and Hayward so they'll both get a lot of time to run the offense each game.  Kyrie should be top 10 with 25ppg.  Tatum should develop, and get consistent being top 35 with 20ppg, Hayward will definitely find his form and finish around 35-40 with 18-20ppg.  Horford is a swiss army knife but will take a step back this year in fantasy with 50-60 overall, 12-14ppg. Jaylen will have a down year, unfortunately and he irrelevant for fantasy but huge upside long term, just not his time yet.

 

Curry / Kyrie

Tatum / Durant  

Hayward / Klay

Horford / Draymond

 

There's more than enough ball to go around.  

 

Problem is with the Warriors there aren't any high usage guys or scorers other than those 4 (really 3 without Draymond). Whereas in Boston you still have Brown, Morris, and Rozier who all look to get shots up when they're on the court. I don't see how it's a comparable situation to the Warriors

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Markkanen a buy-low target?  Seems close to return.

 

Not likely somebody who held out this long is going to sell this close to return. 

 

Better off trying to buy low when he is on a minutes restriction or underperforming upon his return. Take advantage of the frustrated owner. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mfbenoit said:

Danny green buy low? Hes had 3 or 4 poor games in a row

What are you using to buy him though?  Most people picked him off the wire or used a last round pick.  You can probably get him for any rosterable player such as McGruder but if you have to give up real value idk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Booker - buy low right now

 

Why him? His owner was shopping him around but I just hate these high volume, bad fg%, no stocks scorers... anything to suggest any of that changes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is CP3 a nice buy low or this just what he is now? Considering buying low cause I need assists but I haven’t watched more than 1 Rockets game this year to know whats going on and if things are likely to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Is CP3 a nice buy low or this just what he is now? Considering buying low cause I need assists but I haven’t watched more than 1 Rockets game this year to know whats going on and if things are likely to change. 

 

 

he was awful earlier due to his shooting and TO's , so i think the window is actually pretty well closed

 

Maybe you could target an owner who is obsessed with PPG, but outside of that I don't like your chances (i own him myself )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is ridiculous. A player who's had 2 average games is not a buy low candidate. You'll just insult the owner if you offer trash after 2 average games. A player who's about come back from injury isn't a buy low candidate either - their owner stashed them for weeks, and now that he's about to play you want to buy for peanuts? No chance. True buy low players are guys like Otto Porter, who has been consistently trash but is capable of playing a lot better.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tallball said:

This thread is ridiculous. A player who's had 2 average games is not a buy low candidate. You'll just insult the owner if you offer trash after 2 average games. A player who's about come back from injury isn't a buy low candidate either - their owner stashed them for weeks, and now that he's about to play you want to buy for peanuts? No chance. True buy low players are guys like Otto Porter, who has been consistently trash but is capable of playing a lot better.

amen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donovan Mitchell buy-low candidate! He can't be THAT trash! 1.8 Stls are great but the other stats are not good!

 

5beff6af97567_2018-11-171_08_21.thumb.png.713bc3e0f78d79749a7d56ec50e618a2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wengbenedict93 said:

Anyone I can shop with my Lou+Jabari? I would like to sell high on Jabari.

I wanna sell Jabari too maybe pair him with Lowry for someone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2018 at 7:27 AM, tallball said:

This thread is ridiculous. A player who's had 2 average games is not a buy low candidate. You'll just insult the owner if you offer trash after 2 average games. A player who's about come back from injury isn't a buy low candidate either - their owner stashed them for weeks, and now that he's about to play you want to buy for peanuts? No chance. True buy low players are guys like Otto Porter, who has been consistently trash but is capable of playing a lot better.

 

Indeed. True buy low players are the ones the markets are running from.

 

True buy lows emerge after a player has had two bad months, not two bad games. But if a player has been struggling for months ironically the advice you'll see from this board is: stay away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 6:26 AM, HulkSmash said:

2 more of each real quick

 

Buy Low:  Gordon Hayward ( he's going to get really comfortable really soon.  Kyrie is making sure of it, should finish top 55 and his owner could be growing impatient ) Eric Bledsoe ( he'll finish around 20 overall, awesome def stats, and hasn't found consistent groove but look how he finished last season )

 

Sell High:  IBjelica (  I'm happy for the Kings but they're record will slowly drop, and Bagley will get more minutes so they can develop their young huge upside guys more, and focus less on winning ) Draymond Green ( this isn't a definite, but if you can get similar value back for him, get rid of the risk Golden State trades him to get a silent agreement for Durant to stay another year or two.  If he's traded his value will plummet ).

 

 

tbh i hope draymond gets traded even if its not going to happen but i want to see what he can offer in another situation

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...