23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

On 11/17/2018 at 6:28 PM, wengbenedict93 said:

Hey, Anyone I can target with my Jabari?

Hard to say, he hardly has any value right now and that's with Bobby Portis & Lauri Markkanen out. I'd try anything, like a Larry Nance or Elfrid Payton if you've got an IL or are sitting in a good spot in your league.

Would any of you guys flip Doncic(plus another prospect) for Harden in a dynasty league? Harden is playing great ball but his numbers are down a little from last season and he's about to turn 30.

Edited by Spyplane

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Would any of you guys flip Doncic(plus another prospect) for Harden in a dynasty league? Harden is playing great ball but his numbers are down a little from last season and he's about to turn 30.

The answer is: nope.    Harden is good right now,  but Doncic will close the gap very fast.  In 2 years from now I expect them to be pretty close in  fantasy value

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

The answer is: nope.    Harden is good right now,  but Doncic will close the gap very fast.  In 2 years from now I expect them to be pretty close in  fantasy value

Thanks and this is what my gut is telling me also. 

35 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Sell high right now Vucevic Nurkic Conley

Why Vuc?

vooch and conley are not a sell high. Magic and grizz are actually competitive this year and winning and both those players are big part to it. In previous years, there were always risk vooch gets traded or shut down later in the year cuz magic goes on full on tank mode. As long as they stay in the race both of them will have good value

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, izeroi said:

He's an FA next year. Chances are he could get traded (finally). 

Yeah I understand Vuc could get traded but this is Vuc we're talking about. He's one of the better centers in the league IRL. I think the chance he gets traded somewhere and loses value is much less than being traded and putting up the same value he is now if not better value.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah I understand Vuc could get traded but this is Vuc we're talking about. He's one of the better centers in the league IRL. I think the chance he gets traded somewhere and loses value is much less than being traded and putting up the same value he is now if not better value.  

Every year it make sense to trade Vuc. This year more than others as they have Bamba to replace him and a dire need of a PG. I think the trade is going to come at the deadline just cause the Magic have an alright record.

1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

Every year it make sense to trade Vuc. This year more than others as they have Bamba to replace him and a dire need of a PG. I think the trade is going to come at the deadline just cause the Magic have an alright record.

I guess the counter to that is that its no secret the Magic have been shopping him for a couple seasons now.

If teams weren't interested when he had some time on his contract left why would they be interested now.

It's also a much smaller trade market where the Magic are now basically restricted to playoff teams looking to add a rental center at the trade deadline.

What teams in the playoff picture would you see adding someone like Vuc? Clippers? Pacers?

I honestly have no idea how teams gauge the value of centers like Vuc anymore. They don't really seem in demand.

Im not saying a trade wont happen, but im not really sold on the inevitability of it.

• Thanks 1

Every year it makes sense to trade Vuc but it never happens.  Many of the people pushing for a Vuc trade aren’t from Florida and view the Magic as a farm team to make their home team better.  The Magic aren’t trading Vuc for less than what the Wolves got for Butler, more than that actually because they aren’t under duress. No team is going to trade for Vuc if that’s what it takes because they would be concerned it’s a rental.  I don’t see a meeting of the minds here. 

• Like 2

Is Pascal siakam a sell high or is the breakout real, can we see him holding ( maybe not the top 30 value he has now ) top 50 ?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jsquints said:

I guess the counter to that is that its no secret the Magic have been shopping him for a couple seasons now.

If teams weren't interested when he had some time on his contract left why would they be interested now.

It's also a much smaller trade market where the Magic are now basically restricted to playoff teams looking to add a rental center at the trade deadline.

What teams in the playoff picture would you see adding someone like Vuc? Clippers? Pacers?

I honestly have no idea how teams gauge the value of centers like Vuc anymore. They don't really seem in demand.

Im not saying a trade wont happen, but im not really sold on the inevitability of it.

To answer your questions about why would they be interested now with only 1 year left it would be because Vuces asking price would be much cheaper and there is less commitment involved.

Personally I love Vuce and wish I drafted him. Tried to aquire him before the season started but I couldnt. I think if you own him you should ride it til the wheels fall off unless you can get him for a top 20 with guaranteed role. I dont buy that a trade will absolutely kill his value like people make it seem. Yes his situation probably cant get any better, but that doesnt mean a trade will mean hes not even top 50 player. Hard to sell high when everybody knows hes a trade candidate.

• Like 1

The Team that gets Vuc though... I would guess they would have a need/usage for a Center like that? LAC is a good destination for him like someone else said.

• Like 1

Expiring contract + they drafted Bamba  (and not a PG)

They're showcasing Vuc right now, he'll be traded (they should), and he'll not be a part of the Magic future cause he'll not be resigned for sure 

If not traded it's Even worst, he'll be shut down after all star break to give Bamba all the minutes 

Edited by LosingEffort

1 hour ago, dboong said:

Is Pascal siakam a sell high or is the breakout real, can we see him holding ( maybe not the top 30 value he has now ) top 50 ?

I'm in the same boat. Been getting some offers, but I really like Siakam this year. I think he's a big part of the raps' success this year and will continue to be. he isn't trigger happy and takes only quality shots he's confident in. 

Anybody have reasons he won't keep this up? I don't expect him to get better than this, but there's no reason to think he can't keep this level of output going forward. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I like the idea of sell high but seriously not for Brogdon. Maybe try for someone who is slumping and reverts back to norm will be good.

That Brogdon owner is an idiot for not taking that deal to be honest.

Like an Otto Porter?

Thanks.

Edited by MysticPeak

30 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

I'm in the same boat. Been getting some offers, but I really like Siakam this year. I think he's a big part of the raps' success this year and will continue to be. he isn't trigger happy and takes only quality shots he's confident in. 

Anybody have reasons he won't keep this up? I don't expect him to get better than this, but there's no reason to think he can't keep this level of output going forward. 

His FG definitely won’t keep up. 

12 Team League H2H 9 Categories 

PG:  CP3, Lowry,  Schroder

SG/SF: Butler, DeRozan, Jeremy Lamb 

PF: Harrison Barnes, Draymond

C: Jusuf Nurkic, McGee, Myles Turner

IR: Will Barton, Isaiah Thomas - Blue = Not Drafted

Anyone in specific on my team you guys would want to trade or drop for a streamer. Anyone right now at a sell high point. I currently on the season lead the league in assist and steals. I struggle in 3's and for some reason FTM (which doesn't make sense having DeRozan and Butler). I am surprisingly really good at field goal % on the season. Right now I have a 24-20-1 record which is not too good compared to my past seasons in this league.

Edited by tobeyreichman18

On 19. 11. 2018 at 7:18 PM, LosingEffort said:

Sell high right now Vucevic Nurkic Conley

I'm not sure Nurkic is a sell high. He'll finish in the top 50, and I'm not sure you can sell much higher than that.

Do you consider Brandon Ingram as a buy low candidate with all the randomness that's happening in LAL?

1 hour ago, wisegeeks said:

Do you consider Brandon Ingram as a buy low candidate with all the randomness that's happening in LAL?

Ingram doesn’t pass the eye test for me. Some players immediately do with things like basketball sense, athleticism, length, etc.  But Ingram seems to have only length to stand out. I’m considering dropping him in 10 teamer...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Yes. His value will depend on him hitting his 3s. Last year he improved his 3pt shooting from 29-39%. This year he  off at 30%. If he starts hitting his threes that affects 3 cats. His fg%, 3pm, and Pts. Then If he raises his ft%, and continues to dime for the 2nd units, It's not that hard for him to "break out". besides he's only played 12 games so far. He missed quite a few with the suspension and when he figures out to play with bron then watch out!

54 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Ingram doesn’t pass the eye test for me. Some players immediately do with things like basketball sense, athleticism, length, etc.  But Ingram seems to have only length to stand out. I’m considering dropping him in 10 teamer...

We are not watching the same games at all lol. You don't see em dunking on guys, blocking shots, stoping inbounds plays, dimming?

• Like 2