Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

5 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

12 Team League H2H 9 Categories 

PG:  CP3, Lowry,  Schroder

SG/SF: Butler, DeRozan, Jeremy Lamb 

PF: Harrison Barnes, Draymond

C: Jusuf Nurkic, McGee, Myles Turner

IR: Will Barton, Isaiah Thomas - Blue = Not Drafted

Anyone in specific on my team you guys would want to trade or drop for a streamer. Anyone right now at a sell high point. I currently on the season lead the league in assist and steals. I struggle in 3's and for some reason FTM (which doesn't make sense having DeRozan and Butler). I am surprisingly really good at field goal % on the season. Right now I have a 24-20-1 record which is not too good compared to my past seasons in this league.

Don’t mean to be a dick but I see more buy lows than sell highs on that team.  Maybe you can trade DeRozan for a first rounder who hits more threes while his value is as high as it’s going to be.  But with Barton coming back you’re probably going to improve in that cat and I think it makes sense to be patient for another month and see how your team shakes out then. 

36 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Yes. His value will depend on him hitting his 3s. Last year he improved his 3pt shooting from 29-39%. This year he  off at 30%. If he starts hitting his threes that affects 3 cats. His fg%, 3pm, and Pts. Then If he raises his ft%, and continues to dime for the 2nd units, It's not that hard for him to "break out". besides he's only played 12 games so far. He missed quite a few with the suspension and when he figures out to play with bron then watch out!

That's what I'm hoping too. Watching the LAL closely, nobody has really settled in yet to their respective roles other than McGee and Chandler.

The kids are still figuring it out and I'm actually expecting that at least one of them (Lonzo, Kuz, BIand Hart) will get traded come ASB

5 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Don’t mean to be a dick but I see more buy lows than sell highs on that team.  Maybe you can trade DeRozan for a first rounder who hits more threes while his value is as high as it’s going to be.  But with Barton coming back you’re probably going to improve in that cat and I think it makes sense to be patient for another month and see how your team shakes out then. 

Don't worry you aren't being a dick. I already came to a conclusion a majority are buy low. I think DeRozan will eventually get comfortable and begin playing a bit better with the Spurs it's a bit different without a Kyle Lowry passing to him. Butler is pissing me off right now and the same with Draymond especially since he is injured. I got everyone at a pretty good value though $ wise during the auction draft. Problem is when Barton comes back I plan on dropping Schroder but he also shoots threes. Idk Thank You :)

2 minutes ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Don't worry you aren't being a dick. I already came to a conclusion a majority are buy low. I think DeRozan will eventually get comfortable and begin playing a bit better with the Spurs it's a bit different without a Kyle Lowry passing to him. Butler is pissing me off right now and the same with Draymond especially since he is injured. I got everyone at a pretty good value though $ wise during the auction draft. Problem is when Barton comes back I plan on dropping Schroder but he also shoots threes. Idk Thank You :)

Yeah, I assumed it was an auction draft where you bought all of your guys at a discount.  The problem is now they have little trade value.  

24 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Did I make a good trade? My Murray & Barnes for Porter.

please take this to the AC forum. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Did I make a good trade? My Murray & Barnes for Porter.

Horrible?? 

• Haha 2

On 17/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, HulkSmash said:

Sorry can't figure out how to delete the above from my reply on my phone.   

Anyone really sucking it up lately?

Not sure how much this constitutes a buy low/sell high but I just traded Montrezl Harrell for Jamal Murray.

Edited by TheJotun

Sell:

Justin Holiday; CHI about to add Dunn, Lauri, Punch Bob, causing their wings minutes to get squeezed some. 

Bjelica; Bagley is the future. 

Moore; his Klay impersonation has a limited shelflife.  The minutes/usage will subside upon the return of Payton. 

Buy

Elfrid Payton; He will be Elf on the Shelf for a good six weeks, but if you have an IR spot to stash him in available he can probably be had for nickels on the dime as owners grow frustrated/disappointed (like myself who couldn’t carry him due to an excess of injured players).  

T.J. Warren; his last 8 games are not an abberation.  The efficiency is not unfounded.  PHO is committed to his development.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 80version said:

Sell:

Justin Holiday; CHI about to add Dunn, Lauri, Punch Bob, causing their wings minutes to get squeezed some. 

Bjelica; Bagley is the future. 

Moore; his Klay impersonation has a limited shelflife.  The minutes/usage will subside upon the return of Payton. 

Buy

Elfrid Payton; He will be Elf on the Shelf for a good six weeks, but if you have an IR spot to stash him in available he can probably be had for nickels on the dime as owners grow frustrated/disappointed (like myself who couldn’t carry him due to an excess of injured players).  

T.J. Warren; his last 8 games are not an abberation.  The efficiency is not unfounded.  PHO is committed to his development.  

Sorry, I know a little off topic, but how far away is Dunn? He’s on waivers right now and I’ve had my eyes on him. 

1 hour ago, Nate1213 said:

Sorry, I know a little off topic, but how far away is Dunn? He’s on waivers right now and I’ve had my eyes on him. 

2-3 weeks probably, could be sooner but I'd go on the longer side. He's started running.

3 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Dunn went from our waivers nearly 2 weeks ago in our 20 team. No IR spot.

3 minutes ago, charkim said:

Donovan Mitchell? I drafted him 2nd round and he’s been frustrating this season.

Def buy low... but I’m sure he’ll turn it around... not banking on the 2nd round returns though... maybe 3rd to 4th but that’s better than what he’s doing now...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Buy low on Jokic... I’m a Jokic owner and I want to get rid of him :lol:

why is that?

7 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

How about now?

Still horrible? 

• Haha 1