23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Still horrible? 

How come? 

I'm playing Roto btw. I'm sure you're a better player than I am, but can you give me an analytical breakdown as to why it's so horrible? It's why I'm asking you guys. Thank you.

Edited by MysticPeak

On 12/2/2018 at 9:04 AM, ovofnd said:

Buy low on Jokic... I’m a Jokic owner and I want to get rid of him :lol:

What players would you accept in a two for 1? In some honest examples.

20 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Last year when he was struggling someone in my league managed to snag him for Simmons and Collins. Of course Jokic went ham immediately after and won that team the championship.

Edited by Purple Hippo

I got offered Jimmy Butler for Malcolm Brogdon and Dennis Schroder. I accepted it the trade, as I am selling high on those two and buying low on Jimmy. Is that a fair trade in your views? or is it a game changer in a 12team 10cat hth league?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DavisStuffer said:

I got offered Jimmy Butler for Malcolm Brogdon and Dennis Schroder. I accepted it the trade, as I am selling high on those two and buying low on Jimmy. Is that a fair trade in your views? or is it a game changer in a 12team 10cat hth league?

It cannot get more fair than that. It is exactly what you said, buy low and sell high. I like your side of the deal better, but a lot of unknowns still so it is a fairest trade of all :)

• Like 1

How do owners feel about Chris Paul as a buy low? Consistent top 10 guy over the years but obviously the injury risk is there. Was offered CP for my Conley and seriously considering it.

16 minutes ago, DavisStuffer said:

u won the trade

1 minute ago, pyro7 said:

u won the trade

Is it worthy of a trade reversal? if some don't think its fair? Our league rule is no trade reversals atm

16 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

How do owners feel about Chris Paul as a buy low? Consistent top 10 guy over the years but obviously the injury risk is there. Was offered CP for my Conley and seriously considering it.

Every aging star is a top 10 player until they're not.  CP3 is a second round player this year on a per game basis but has only played 18 games.  He's 50th for season totals.  If you split the difference, maybe it's worth offering a top 30 player.  I would actually try that in roto, but it's a risk in H2H.  FWIW a few weeks ago I offered my Conley + Schroder for his Paul and he accepted.  Idk if I'd do it again, seems like a neutral move.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

After that last game, as a Jokic owner I’m waiting to see if he can string some good games first as to not sell too low. I might even stand pat and see if he can deliver consistent top 8 value.

But last week, probably a top 15-20 and a top 40. Something like Gobert + Conley for Jokic + late rounder might’ve done the trick...

31 minutes ago, DavisStuffer said:

Is it worthy of a trade reversal? if some don't think its fair? Our league rule is no trade reversals atm

i will veto the trade but thats just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

After that last game, as a Jokic owner I’m waiting to see if he can string some good games first as to not sell too low. I might even stand pat and see if he can deliver consistent top 8 value.

But last week, probably a top 15-20 and a top 40. Something like Gobert + Conley for Jokic + late rounder might’ve done the trick...

thanks, Threw out some offers there, gonna see if any bite.

Punting assists. Should I trade jrue for butler or oladipo? Would I be able to do a 1 for 1 or anyone think I'd have to add more? Who's better? What does ros look like for each player?

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Every aging star is a top 10 player until they're not.

Indeed. One day in the future -- could be 2 months from now, could be 2 yrs -- the market sentiment will quickly shift.

That's when buy-lows become stay-aways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Indeed. One day in the future -- could be 2 months from now, could be 2 yrs -- the market sentiment will quickly shift.

That's when buy-lows become stay-aways.

That’s why what Lebron is doing at his age is incredible. I keep wondering when he will fall off - I would hate being the one who spent a a first round pick on him when it happens.

4 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

That’s why what Lebron is doing at his age is incredible. I keep wondering when he will fall off - I would hate being the one who spent a a first round pick on him when it happens.

It'll look worse IRL than it does in fantasy.

As worst, he'll be an old Karl Malone with incredible passing and a viable 3point shot. I don't see Lebron ever averaging less than 24/7/6 on less than 48% shooting.

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Every aging star is a top 10 player until they're not.  CP3 is a second round player this year on a per game basis but has only played 18 games.  He's 50th for season totals.  If you split the difference, maybe it's worth offering a top 30 player.  I would actually try that in roto, but it's a risk in H2H.  FWIW a few weeks ago I offered my Conley + Schroder for his Paul and he accepted.  Idk if I'd do it again, seems like a neutral move.

Where do you check that he's 50th for season totals? Yahoo ranking? 

43 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

Where do you check that he's 50th for season totals? Yahoo ranking? 

Basketball Monster has a free version which allows you to adjust for per season totals (among other things).  

9 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

As long as he keeps cycling those PEDs he'll be okay, and the league will continue to look the other way. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Basketball Monster has a free version which allows you to adjust for per season totals (among other things).  

can you get ros projections from this free version?

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

can you get ros projections from this free version?

No but tbh accurate ros projections don’t truly exist.  

3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

No but tbh accurate ros projections don’t truly exist.  

I mean, yeah.

pro·jec·tion
/prəˈjekSH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend based on a study of present ones.
    "plans based on projections of slow but positive growth"
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, StevieStats said:

As long as he keeps cycling those PEDs he'll be okay, and the league will continue to look the other way. 

What? Do you think LeBron is on some miracle PED that other superstars aren't? It's not like he's the only NBA player taking substances