23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

On 12/6/2018 at 12:09 PM, akund said:

What? Do you think LeBron is on some miracle PED that other superstars aren't? It's not like he's the only NBA player taking substances

Did I say he has a miracle PED? Or did I just say he was on them?

No s--- there I was.  Gather round boys and I’ll tell ye a tale involving buying low, selling high. And then disaster striking.  

9 cat roto. Traded my Gary Harris for his Otto when Otto was in the toilet and before Gaz got injured.  Brilliant.  Then flipped Otto and an injured Teague for Millsap, Grant, and Trae. I was criticized for this one, but it was a good move for me.  Trae is worthless but Teague is also worthless for a punt FT team.  Millsap is equal to Otto in punt FT.  So it was like getting Grant for free who is top 75 in punt FT.  Trading Teague and Gaz who have been some combination of injured and useless for Millsap and Grant would have been brilliant in a punt FT team.  But then Millsap gets injured!  Damn it.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Guys, I need some help. 

What do we think of Gordon Hayward? 

Is he even worth a buy low offer? 

Two stinkers in a row after he finally showed some life. 

29 minutes ago, heero78 said:

Guys, I need some help. 

What do we think of Gordon Hayward? 

Is he even worth a buy low offer? 

Two stinkers in a row after he finally showed some life. 

Personally I think it’s a good idea to stay away from Boston altogether. It depends what you can get him for obviously, but if it were me I wouldn’t bother with him. Problem is that his owner probably views him still as a fifth/sixth round player and you’ll likely have to give up someone in that range to get him when he likely won’t return anywhere near that kind of value rest of season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think N Mirotic is Buy Low status right now

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

^

|

|

|

I'm not giving away Ingles, no way.

been here for 12k posts and haven't found the quote button yet :P

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Buy Low: Middleton, Otto, JRich, Ingles, Rubio, Ariza, Garris

I sold Harrell high for Garris and then sold Nurkic for JRich and Harrell - overall I’ve got JRich and Garris for Nurkic. They are in the low of their year I think. Cheers to their post ASB explosion!

Edited by gooseball

5 hours ago, gooseball said:

I sold Harrell high for Garris and then sold Nurkic for JRich and Harrell - overall I’ve got JRich and Garris for Nurkic. They are in the low of their year I think. Cheers to their post ASB explosion!

Got confused, I thought there were two Harrell's going around because of the way you said it. Good trade man

48 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Ayton buyers & sellers here?

I don't think anyone will give him up just yet. I would buy. At the end of the year he should be a monster. 

6 minutes ago, simon said:

is tj warren sell high right now with oubre incoming?

No way. He's going to score all season and is locked in at PF. Oubre is a SF. 

1 hour ago, simon said:

is tj warren sell high right now with oubre incoming?

No way jose. Unless it's for Middleton, but even then I'd think twice of leaving the 2 3PM-50% FG combo behind

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm selling.

curious as to why. he's been fairly consistent with his production. its not like you'd be "selling high", his last two games have only been slightly better than average. i think he's numbers can/will be sustained for the ROS. who are you targeting via trade?

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

curious as to why. he's been fairly consistent with his production. its not like you'd be "selling high", his last two games have only been slightly better than average. i think he's numbers can/will be sustained for the ROS. who are you targeting via trade?

I just sold Ayton + Osman to get back Tobias + Bjelica. 

Nance is definitely a sell high, however I think most people know his value will drop once TT/Love coming back. 

• Like 1

You guys don't think that the return of TT and Love is priced into Nance's market value? You think we play with fifth graders? Heck, even fifth graders would probably know the deal.

The contrarian bet is Nance's breakout continues, Love has injury issues all year, and TT goes back to being the TT of old (this is TT we're talking about, hello? since when are we betting on TT?)

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1