23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You guys don't think that the return of TT and Love is priced into Nance's market value? You think we play with fifth graders? Heck, even fifth graders would probably know the deal.

The contrarian bet is Nance's breakout continues, Love has injury issues all year, and TT goes back to being the TT of old (this is TT we're talking about, hello? since when are we betting on TT?)

The contrarian bet only makes sense for those already holding Nance. Why would anyone pay full value for him with so much downside? Unless as you said we are playing with fifth graders.

• Haha 2

Should I trade away Durant and Collison for Dipo and Kawhi? It's a buy low opportunity for Dipo but losing KD would hurt. Collison is nearly worthless. It's a 12 man H2H points league

2 hours ago, Rookie4life said:

Should I trade away Durant and Collison for Dipo and Kawhi? It's a buy low opportunity for Dipo but losing KD would hurt. Collison is nearly worthless. It's a 12 man H2H points league

Of course if you can but that is vetoable

2 hours ago, Rookie4life said:

what kind of taco league would this even be allowed in? Kawhi and KD are almost a wash, and Dipo is in a different universe from Collison fantasy-wise lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fabrar said:

what kind of taco league would this even be allowed in? Kawhi and KD are almost a wash, and Dipo is in a different universe from Collison fantasy-wise lol

Kawhi and KD are definitely not a wash if Kawhi is still sitting back to backs. It's still clear favor of Kawhi/Dipo, but KD is significantly better than Kawhi on a total year basis and a per game basis. Not to mention Dipo has been having issues of his own... a trade like this doesn't make a league a "taco league"

14 minutes ago, akund said:

Kawhi and KD are definitely not a wash if Kawhi is still sitting back to backs. It's still clear favor of Kawhi/Dipo, but KD is significantly better than Kawhi on a total year basis and a per game basis. Not to mention Dipo has been having issues of his own... a trade like this doesn't make a league a "taco league"

KD is not significantly better than Kawhi on a per game basis, they are ranked 4th and 6th on BBM with a difference of only 0.08 in value. 

Meanwhile Oladipo is 38th vs Collison at 113 but everyone knows Oladipo is roughly a top 15-20 player while Collison is essentially a scrub.  

A trade like this is definitely for tacos only

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, akund said:

IDK..sounds taco-ish.

Only 3 back to backs left. KD and Kawhi are a wash.

Whats left? "first round potential" Oladipo for "pretty much unrosterable" Collison.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eltoro said:

KD is not significantly better than Kawhi on a per game basis, they are ranked 4th and 6th on BBM with a difference of only 0.08 in value. 

Meanwhile Oladipo is 38th vs Collison at 113 but everyone knows Oladipo is roughly a top 15-20 player while Collison is essentially a scrub.  

A trade like this is definitely for tacos only

Looking at 8-cat, which is what I was referencing, KD is putting up .99 per BBM and Kawhi is at .75. That's significant IMO, and is on top of Kawhi not playing back to backs.

And Oladipo has really only had one season at in the top 15 range (where he averaged well above his career norm in FG% and steal rate), it wouldn't surprise me if he fell back to the 25-30 range, without even accounting for his injury struggles.

I would absolutely take Kawhi/Dipo here, but there could be a rationale for getting the best player in this deal in KD, especially if it's a shallow league and there is decent talent on the WW (better than Collison)

• Like 1

Hey guys, anybody have some buy low players in mind that they believe will provide a good upside? Looking to strengthen my 12 team H2H team for the 2nd half of the season. Need to make some moves! Thanks! Merry Christmas

Booker has also been dealing with hamstring issues to add to that

46 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Booker seems like a shut down candidate to me so just be careful

Actually, you're right man. They'll probably shut him down to ensure their top pick for the draft.