23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

24 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Buy low... Dunn, Knox, and Collins..

all 3 were dropped in my league. Dunn is a FA while Knox and Collins clear waivers tomorrow.. hoping to get 2 out of 3, can put one in my IR spot.

?  buy low on FA's?  Dunn and Collins FA's?  Not sure how to react to this so instead I'm just going to bite my tongue and stick my head in an oven.

• Haha 9

OK, so sell high on all decent-to-good players who have gotten off to red-hot starts.

Also, buy low on all the quality players who have started off slow -- or missed time altogether (eg, Dunn, Collins).

Brilliant advice.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, ellejamil said:

If I weren't too attached, Levert.

And no, I am not doing my own suggestion.

I’ve been seeing how high I can aim, but any player coming back that could pry LeVert from my fingers is too much to ask for apparently.  Breaking my own rule by falling in love with an up and coming player...

12 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I don't really think they affect Hart too much.  Hart has already supplanted KCP as the SG to own in LA (KCP the starter in name only) and his role should remain the same ROS, regardless of Rondo or Ingram.

My only concern with Hart is that if he does move into the starting unit he'll be contending with the starters for shots which may lower his ceiling. Might be better of the bench.

15 minutes ago, gregoden said:

If Klay keeps stinking it up you may be able to buy low

If klay keeps stinking it up nobody is going to want him :lol:

Just now, DoctorLove said:

Is taurean prince a sell high?

I don't think so.  I think anyone who has Prince keeps him and rides the lightning.  Other than Trae who was on fire tonight - name another player outside of Prince on the Hawks that can put the basket in the net and fill a stat sheet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

I don't think so.  I think anyone who has Prince keeps him and rides the lightning.  Other than Trae who was on fire tonight - name another player outside of Prince on the Hawks that can put the basket in the net and fill a stat sheet.

Bazegod tonight 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

I’m hoping Collins when he comes back

• Like 1

buy low on Dhalsim. If ya’ll know who I’m talking about. He’s suspended and sitting people’s ILs for the week. He has yet to bust out on a really good game. Try to to throw out offers for him. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

buy low on Dhalsim. If ya’ll know who I’m talking about. He’s suspended and sitting people’s ILs for the week. He has yet to bust out on a really good game. Try to to throw out offers for him. 

U’ve gotta help me cuz for the life of me, I cannot unscramble that name

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Do you think JRich is a sell high or is his early production (aside from the last game) legit

I would not be trading JRich right now

• Like 1

I don't think JRich or Taurean are sell-highs, unless you can somehow get an early-rounder. Otherwise there's little reason to think they won't get a ton of usage and development time this season. Exciting to think about the extra step JRich will take this season, on both the offensive and defensive end.

I think you need another week at least for buy low / sell high candidates to really appear.  Unless you really have people willing to go off of 3 games.  But here are some guys to keep an eye on who may continue their slow starts and be good buys.  Most of the time, I think the ones to target are the players who aren't getting as many minutes as they could end up getting:

Kyle Anderson

Lonzo (but he only works in certain builds)

Isaac (not a mins thing, he's just sucked)

Wendell Carter, Jr.

Crabbe (while everyone rides LeVert train)

Kuzma

Bog. Bogdanovic

Kyrie (if you can convince his owner that Tatum has taken over as the #1 scoring option)

Hayward (but you'll have to be patient)

M. Gasol & Conley (both are being slept on generally, old and being on a small-market team that recently sucked)

I don't have many great sell-highs, but I'd sell guys who are volume shooting like crazy without efficiency.  Tim Hardaway, Jr., I'm looking RIGHT at you.  And why I'm not including Mirotic or LeVert here.  But if you say, got offered an early round guy for either of those two, you  take it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1