23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

Sell high

Doncic. Would be pretty easy to sell high as most people like him. And he went fairly late in some drafts (75 and 79 in 2 of my drafts, but went 48 in another). A proven top 40 talent should be a good return.

Buy low

Millsap

Gobert (personally see him finishing  top 10 to 15)

Edited by boytoy

22 minutes ago, boytoy said:

Buy low

Gobert (personally see him finishing  top 10 to 15)

How can you buy low on Gobert ?

I've just been offered a trade: Marc Gasol + John Collins for Joe Ingles + Jeremy Lamb+ Spencer Dinwiddie. Any thoguhts that you have? I think it is a good time to sell high in Jingles as I don't believe he will continue with such numbers, though there is a slight risk with injuries to Collins and Gasol ... 

20 minutes ago, TomPe said:

I've just been offered a trade: Marc Gasol + John Collins for Joe Ingles + Jeremy Lamb+ Spencer Dinwiddie. Any thoguhts that you have? I think it is a good time to sell high in Jingles as I don't believe he will continue with such numbers, though there is a slight risk with injuries to Collins and Gasol ... 

if you're getting Gasol and Collins i'd pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TomPe said:

It depends too much on your league settings, team constriction, etc to ask here and it belongs in the Assistant Coach forum.  

If you’re asking as a reference point to see how high you can sell Ingles then it’s a mediocre trade imo.  Gasol has injury issues but it’s his FG and declining counting stats that worries me, both have been declining for several years.  I like the Gasol brothers but they are an inch from falling off a statistical cliff, maybe not 100% done, but damn close.  Meanwhile Collins is doing about what he’s expected to do: 14/7 with a block on good percentages.  That’s a good glue guy for roto but his numbers don’t leap out the page at you. He’s also out for two weeks.   Ingles will come back down to Earth but there’s reason to believe he will improve from last year which was a really good year: 15/5/4 with 2.5 threes per game and 1+ spg is probably sustainable.  IMO he could be the best player in the deal.  Lamb is likely to retain his present value . Dinwiddie has value above replacement players from the WW but not by much so he’s basically a throw-in.  Idk if I would trade Ingles and Lamb for Gasol and Collins right now.  It’s  fairly close, but I would do so if I need two bigs, so it comes down to fit.  But then to throw in dinwiddie too.  To me it looks as if your league mate is trying to dump off and injured Collins and upgrade in the process at your expense. 

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

It's a roto 9-cat league, I already have 12 good players and picked up Dinwiddie and Lamb from waivers and leave them on my bench, so essentially to me it's Gasol + Collins for Jingles and throw-ins and I am leaning more towards taking it. Ingles may be actually the best fantasy player out of this group, though Gasol + Collins may be close. Will take the risk. Thanks for your comments.

It depends too much on your league settings, team constriction, etc to ask here and it belongs in the Assistant Coach forum.  

If you’re asking as a reference point to see how high you can sell Ingles then it’s a mediocre trade imo.  Gasol has injury issues but it’s his FG and declining counting stats that worries me, both have been declining for several years.  I like the Gasol brothers but they are an inch from falling off a statistical cliff, maybe not 100% done, but damn close.  Meanwhile Collins is doing about what he’s expected to do: 14/7 with a block on good percentages.  That’s a good glue guy for roto but his numbers don’t leap out the page at you. He’s also out for two weeks.   Ingles will come back down to Earth but there’s reason to believe he will improve from last year which was a really good year: 15/5/4 with 2.5 threes per game and 1+ spg is probably sustainable.  IMO he could be the best player in the deal.  Lamb is likely to retain his present value . Dinwiddie has value above replacement players from the WW but not by much so he’s basically a throw-in.  Idk if I would trade Ingles and Lamb for Gasol and Collins right now.  It’s  fairly close, but I would do so if I need two bigs, so it comes down to fit.  But then to throw in dinwiddie too.  To me it looks as if your league mate is trying to dump off and injured Collins and upgrade in the process at your expense. 

Not necessarily selling high bc I think taurean prince has a great year, but who are some PGs you would target if trying to move prince? Could get Dunn right now for him but I want to shoot higher 

5 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Not necessarily selling high bc I think taurean prince has a great year, but who are some PGs you would target if trying to move prince? Could get Dunn right now for him but I want to shoot higher 

I’d shoot for Teague or Jrue Holiday.  Send an offer with a throw-in attached then cancel the trade hoping he sends a counter offer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Buy low jamal murray. 

Is he for sure a buy low though? Whats the case that he's better than his current production?

TBH all I know about him was his rookie year when he missed his first 30 consecutive shots

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5638/gamelog/?selectedTable=0&season=2017

Last 25 games of last season, Murray was 36th overall according to BBM (9cat standard) At least for the span, he ranked higher than Gary Harris. Plus since Harris dropped nice numbers yesterday along with Murray dropping a dud, i believe JM is a buy low. Would love to own both but Murray is certainly cheaper. Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Is he for sure a buy low though? Whats the case that he's better than his current production?

TBH all I know about him was his rookie year when he missed his first 30 consecutive shots

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5638/gamelog/?selectedTable=0&season=2017

Last 25 games of last season, Murray was 36th overall according to BBM (9cat standard) At least for the span, he ranked higher than Gary Harris. Plus since Harris dropped nice numbers yesterday along with Murray dropping a dud, i believe JM is a buy low. Would love to own both but Murray is certainly cheaper. Hope that helps!

Wasnt Garry Harris injured last year too which helped JM produce more?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Wasnt Garry Harris injured last year too which helped JM produce more?

Good point. The last 3 games yeh. Harris was limited the last 3 games. Either way it is averaging the last 25 games of every player so 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

How can you buy low on Gobert ?

Earliest I was able to draft him was at 25, latest was 31, and I targetted him either late 2nd or early 3rd. There's profit to be made but it's all preference and Im pretty high on him this year. Wont be easy to buy low though since hes a top tier fantasy center, but stranger trades have happened.

Sell high : Zach Lavine.

His value comes from high field goal percentages, high scoring and high blocks. All of them will decline significantly. If you can swap him for top players just do it.

Sell High - Nurk!!!!

Hes going to be pretty up and down all season...take this game and run with it.