23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, battaginlemon said:

 

Too low because Hayward is playing like crap. You should try and offer someone who's playing better right now

 

edit: nvm I saw the rest of the posts lol. Was that Trae Young or Thad??

Trae 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

 

I think you might be confused about the meaning of "buy low" 

No, you just have to learn to read the entire post.  Bogdanovic is returning which means he’s only going to lose playing time.  It’s only going to get worse, not better, so that’s why he’s not a buy low candidate.  If you’re going to quote someone quote the entire thing.  Don’t be like a fake journalist, not cool.

 

heres the entire post again for those who may have missed it:

 

“hield is NOT a buy low. he's already underperforming and bogdanovic is returning shortly.”

Edited by c_dog
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

 

And the trade went through? No veto? 

 

That's wild

Yeah no veto I think the Trae Young 30 point game helped me sell him high 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ttann71 said:

Yeah no veto I think the Trae Young 30 point game helped me sell him high 

ohh it was Trae Young, i thought it was Thad Young. This is a bit less veto-worthy then since at least Trae is flashing some high upside and went off for 30 last game for some justification. it was still trade rape but slightly less egregious now haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, richg24 said:

ohh it was Trae Young, i thought it was Thad Young. This is a bit less veto-worthy then since at least Trae is flashing some high upside and went off for 30 last game for some justification. it was still trade rape but slightly less egregious now haha

Yeah I wasn’t even thinking of Thad when I posted it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

Cedi osman considered buy low?

yes but don’t give up anyone good for em just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be a perfect storm but KAT has to be the biggest buy low I might have ever scored. In my league, I packed Turner + Aaron Gordon for him and the owner bit. Im just hoping it doesn’t get vetoed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

This might be a perfect storm but KAT has to be the biggest buy low I might have ever scored. In my league, I packed Turner + Aaron Gordon for him and the owner bit. Im just hoping it doesn’t get vetoed.

 

These things really annoy me to be honest and I'm talking about KAT's owner. KAT is still ranked higher than those guys even though everyone knows he can play much better than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

 

These things really annoy me to be honest and I'm talking about KAT's owner. KAT is still ranked higher than those guys even though everyone knows he can play much better than this.

 

Think of it this way: This is a move current KAT owners should avoid/watch out for while people who are eyeballing KAT should try make an offer and see just how frustrated the owner is. I am in no way bashing on KAT or his owners, but he is easily the best player to go after especially if you have the right pieces to sway any doubting owners.

Edited by tazdingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrated, or bad gm who just doesn’t know KAT’s value? Coz even frustrated owners in my leagues aren’t trading him. I offered a whole lot better than that with no success. I’m the one ending up frustrated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can all agree that real veterans of the fantasy game know better than to cut KAT for a package of that caliber. I’m just sharing my story here so maybe people who are looking to make a move for him (or someone of his level) can try to get a better idea of how/how to not buy low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seeL said:

Frustrated, or bad gm who just doesn’t know KAT’s value? Coz even frustrated owners in my leagues aren’t trading him. I offered a whole lot better than that with no success. I’m the one ending up frustrated.

 

Seasoned owners aren't dumping their KAT shares.

 

The reason owners are holding is the same reason non-owners are buying.

 

In other words KAT is still a "buy" everywhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has McGee been mentioned as a sell high?

Dude has smacked every game out of the park. I think he's one of those guys that you look back on this season and just go wow! The chances of him maintaining such great play is small. But hard to deny what's he's been doing isn't a fluke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

Has McGee been mentioned as a sell high?

Dude has smacked every game out of the park. I think he's one of those guys that you look back on this season and just go wow! The chances of him maintaining such great play is small. But hard to deny what's he's been doing isn't a fluke.

 

I think by definition you have to consider him a sell high but I really do think there's a good chance he keeps up a decent level. The lakers have zero depth behind him and unless they trade for another center he's gonna be looking at big minutes every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bouncethatp@ss said:

Has McGee been mentioned as a sell high?

Dude has smacked every game out of the park. I think he's one of those guys that you look back on this season and just go wow! The chances of him maintaining such great play is small. But hard to deny what's he's been doing isn't a fluke.

 

McGee has really turned it up since his Shaqtin A' Fool days. No fluke about what he's doing. Pretty underrated signing that LeBron / Lakers did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What value can you look to get for Bazemore? He seems to have put up good fantasy seasons the last few years but he’s a very un-sexy name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

What value can you look to get for Bazemore? He seems to have put up good fantasy seasons the last few years but he’s a very un-sexy name

 

Baze is just one of those players you hold. And he's a trade deadline candidate with his contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

 

McGee has really turned it up since his Shaqtin A' Fool days. No fluke about what he's doing. Pretty underrated signing that LeBron / Lakers did. 

He’s been in the league for years. How many players have been around so long all of a sudden turn it around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.