23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

3 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

He’s been in the league for years. How many players have been around so long all of a sudden turn it around. 

I can't think of any for this case. I could say Steve Nash, Ben Wallace, Oladipo, Lavine, etc, but those are reaches. Better late than never I guess.

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I can't think of any for this case. I could say Steve Nash, Ben Wallace, Oladipo, Lavine, etc, but those are reaches. Better late than never I guess.

I think the one that stands out to me is Lou Williams. Now he has always been a good role player but it was shocking to see him take his game to a new level last season at his age after getting traded around like a baseball card most of his career.

4 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I think the one that stands out to me is Lou Williams. Now he has always been a good role player but it was shocking to see him take his game to a new level last season at his age after getting traded around like a baseball card most of his career.

That's a good one. I've always saw him as a microwave though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

He’s been in the league for years. How many players have been around so long all of a sudden turn it around. 

Good point. I'd be looking to liquidate.

Jabri Parker is a possible sell high candidate now.

I really think he will lose minutes again when Lauri and Portis come back.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Two philosophies with outperforming late round/WW picks: hold on for no cost at all or hedge risk and flip for sure-fire mid-rounder?

On 10/27/2018 at 2:41 AM, tazdingo said:

Think of it this way: This is a move current KAT owners should avoid/watch out for while people who are eyeballing KAT should try make an offer and see just how frustrated the owner is. I am in no way bashing on KAT or his owners, but he is easily the best player to go after especially if you have the right pieces to sway any doubting owners.

I have KAT you think I should sell him now? is he going to get better? i ghope so

5 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Don't think you'll get equal value for him, enjoy the ride until the wheels off.

What is "equal value" lol?

Or you could sell McGruber for what he's worth, and get "a guy" back (eg, one that was drafted) and let the "wheels fall off" on someone else's watch.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What is "equal value" lol?

Or you could sell McGruber for what he's worth, and get "a guy" back (eg, one that was drafted) and let the "wheels fall off" on someone else's watch.

Lol that's my point what is equal value and will others be willing to give anything up say top 60 value.

Sell high on RoCo. He has a mid season swoon every year and then gets hot again late. He usually becomes a buy low at that time. Mark it down.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Billups is another good late bloomer candidate. That guy bounced around before he found a home in Detroit and ended up bringing home Finals MVP.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 5:40 PM, Trench Mob said:

There’s been plenty of late bloomers. 

Billups, Lowry, Bruce Bowen, etc. But I can’t think of many bigs. Wallace was mentioned and although I didn’t get a chance to really watch him, Dennis Rodman also was a bit of a late bloomer. Even Whiteside is a bit of a late bloomer if you consider 26-27 to be late)

but i can’t think of anyone at 30 turning it around. McGee did have some success in Washington and Denver although more boneheaded plays then highlight reels.

13 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

What's D'Angelo's value? I'm so lost. Can I buy low on Jeff Teague with him?

I'm in the same situation. No idea what his value is and what he is projected to get to but want to move him 

My sell high was Kemba and Lavine for Harden. Hopefully this will not bite me later on down the line.

• Like 1

Traded Gallo, Bledsoe, and LouWill for Butler, Adams, and Thad Young.  Can’t think of a more sell high/buy low than that.  Dumped Gallo’s injury risk but just exchanged it with frustration in Butler.  Bledsoe has been hot s--- recently and Adams is super solid.

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Traded Gallo, Bledsoe, and LouWill for Butler, Adams, and Thad Young.  Can’t think of a more sell high/buy low than that.  Dumped Gallo’s injury risk but just exchanged it with frustration in Butler.  Bledsoe has been hot s--- recently and Adams is super solid.

Wow that's an awesome trade!  Gallo will surely do his usual disappearing act at some point.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Sell high Vucevic Nurkic Covington Randle Gallinari and Conley 

Convigton is a roller coaster but even in his low you never get equal value back for some reason. I see nothing wrong in owning Conley this season except the case Grizzlies suck hard (which is a fact waiting to happen) and Mike gets an excuse of an injury to sit him the rest of the season out. But then again if you think this is gonna happen why draft him in the first place?

I totally agree on Vuc, Nurk and Gallo as sell high candidates.

The problem with Gallo is that everyone knows by now not to invest in this guy

• Like 1