23_gaby_23

Buy low / Sell high 2018-2019

28 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Convigton is a roller coaster but even in his low you never get equal value back for some reason. I see nothing wrong in owning Conley this season except the case Grizzlies suck hard (which is a fact waiting to happen) and Mike gets an excuse of an injury to sit him the rest of the season out. But then again if you think this is gonna happen why draft him in the first place?

I totally agree on Vuc, Nurk and Gallo as sell high candidates.

The problem with Gallo is that everyone knows by now not to invest in this guy

Yeah every year I love watching the owner of Gallo suffer.  In leagues I play in if you drafted Gallo your are stuck with him all year.  It's nice knowing you have an instant advantage over that team before the draft is even done.  

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah every year I love watching the owner of Gallo suffer.  In leagues I play in if you drafted Gallo your are stuck with him all year.  It's nice knowing you have an instant advantage over that team before the draft is even done.  

You sadist bastard...

I myself enjoy that same suffering when it comes:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:29 PM, ellejamil said:

Two philosophies with outperforming late round/WW picks: hold on for no cost at all or hedge risk and flip for sure-fire mid-rounder?

Sell for mid-rounder but most likely no one is going to trade their mid-rounder for someone you picked off the wire.  Even if he’s doing well there’s the psychological component of I’m not trading a real player for someone you go for free.  Try selling McGruder, Temple, or Mack for any drafted player though those three are top 100 or borderline top 100 and some drafted players aren’t top 200.  They still won’t sell a drafted player ranked 200 based on perceived upside. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Sell high Vucevic Nurkic Covington Randle Gallinari and Conley 

2 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

Sell high Vucevic Nurkic Covington Randle Gallinari and Conley 

Agree except as someone stated above you never get equivalent value from RoCo. I think it has something to do with the fact that most of his value comes from stocks.  Also, I think Vuc will retain top 40 value ROS.  I’m not concerned about injury nor him getting traded and having less value at a new place bc I’m fairly certain he’ll be top 40 at worst no matter where he is.  I prefer roto to H2H so it’s not as if missing time during the fantasy playoffs is a big deal.  I would maybe accept a trade for a top 30 player but I wouldn’t even consider worse than that. 

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

As a Gallo owner this year I need to defend our honor!  This year he came cheap compared to other years, sure I'm stuck with him, but he is providing first/second round value for my punt AST team. If/when he gets injured we will figure it out haha....and if he for some reasons plays 60+ games then you got a steal.

Do you all think Otto will turn it around? He must be a ultimate buy low at the moment :)

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

Do you all think Otto will turn it around? He must be a ultimate buy low at the moment :)

You have a very small chance after yesterday's game. Another one of those and the window is shut.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Why do you guys think Nurkic is a sell high? He just got a huge contract and playing really well on a good team.

Whiteside got a huge contract in Miami but that was not enough to secure his PT. Zach Collins is pushing for Nurkic's minutes with his performance so far in this season. Maybe it will happened, maybe it won't, but i would not want to take the chance if i can avoid it.

53 minutes ago, sebapargue said:

As a Gallo owner this year I need to defend our honor!  This year he came cheap compared to other years, sure I'm stuck with him, but he is providing first/second round value for my punt AST team. If/when he gets injured we will figure it out haha....and if he for some reasons plays 60+ games then you got a steal.

Ofc its relative to where he was drafted. If you got him in the later rounds, you actually managed to minimize the risks that he bears. Kudos for that. However If you invest a middle round pick though you are looking for trouble. I would not look to trade for him and i would not prefer him from many other middle round targets during draft day.

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

He will absolutely turn it around.  He may not be a top 25 player again and frankly as a lot of his value is tied to efficiency some people never valued him as such.  But if you can get him for a pick around 50 I think you’ll win the trade.  

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Buy low window closed after last night. :P

10 minutes ago, Boshiaw said:

Is Dario Saric droppable? 

What are you really asking?

Whether you should drop Saric? Or whether you should hold back on an offer until Saric's owner drops him outright?

At any rate, I'd be buying up shares right now.

10 minutes ago, gill2k said:

Anyone able to buy low on Bledsoe?

"Able"?

I didn't realize Bledsoe was this super-valuable asset that required you to move mountains in order to acquire.

27 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

"Able"?

I didn't realize Bledsoe was this super-valuable asset that required you to move mountains in order to acquire.

Please, no need to be snarky.  I'm honestly just looking for what others are able to get him for. :wacko:

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, gill2k said:

Please, no need to be snarky.  I'm honestly just looking for what others are able to get him for. :wacko:

Traded my Bledsoe, Gallo, and LouWill for his Butler, Adams, and ThadYoung.

Traded my Bledsoe and Harrell for his Donovan Mitchell and TJ Warren.  

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dboong said:

I'm in the same situation. No idea what his value is and what he is projected to get to but want to move him 

FYI. Someone in my 12 team league offered me Gordon Hayward straight up for my Russell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heero78 said:

FYI. Someone in my 12 team league offered me Gordon Hayward straight up for my Russell. 

Really ? I was looking at Hayward but wouldn't give up Russell for him. 

Not a lot of sites or forums rate Russell 

you could probably send some offers for a brick chucking Ingles right now.

Whilst as an owner Im not selling, I'm sure some may be a little panicky about that finger injury

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dboong said:

Really ? I was looking at Hayward but wouldn't give up Russell for him. 

Not a lot of sites or forums rate Russell 

ya i was tempted at first, but then I balked.

Basically trading one headache for another (Hayward probably wont be up to full speed until early 2019).

15 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

fournier's buy low window is closing. in other forums people dropped em even in 12 teamers.

Buy low window closed with last night's game, and even before then he had put together some nice lines.

20 hours ago, Manos A said:

Whiteside got a huge contract in Miami but that was not enough to secure his PT. Zach Collins is pushing for Nurkic's minutes with his performance so far in this season. Maybe it will happened, maybe it won't, but i would not want to take the chance if i can avoid it.

I still don't get it, Nurkic is only 24, has a 15/10 season, shooting over 50%, and looking awesome last five games . When he gets his 1.5 blk/g he will be top 50 player.

Collins fell hard last few games, and was dropped in many leagues.

Hence, i wouldn't sell high since Nurk looks legit this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1