fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

Thanks a lot ESPN for only putting him on IR AFTER the 8:00 am PST waiver period. Now I gotta wait til Thursday before I can fill the hole in my lineup.

/CSB

Some sort of groin injury, timetable indefinite, worth holding til we get an estimate. I will hold him on IR if he will be back this season. For leagues without IR, act accordingly, but still think he's worth stashing in at least semi-deep formats, and definitely in deep ones.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, barbosa said:

Is on the IR in ESPN for you?  Doesn't appear to me, unless I'm missing something.

On IR in ESPN for me, too.

3 minutes ago, montanski said:

On IR in ESPN for me, too.

It's bizarre.  ESPN won't let me move him to the IR slot in an H2H points league.  Any idea why?  My first time using ESPN.

There are problems with scoring in some leagues (missed points, etc.) and with played games limits for every slot (appear only in the app). They screwed with this new vision of the fantasy pages.

3 minutes ago, barbosa said:

It's bizarre.  ESPN won't let me move him to the IR slot in an H2H points league.  Any idea why?  My first time using ESPN.

There are problems with scoring in some leagues (missed points, etc.) and with played games limits for every slot (appear only in the app). They screwed with this new vision of the fantasy pages.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Told ya guys it's a DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Whew, that's better than I thought.

I was reading about him getting 2nd opinions, and was thinking post all star break or something, like Millsap last year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Told ya guys it's a DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It's not drop city if he's only out 5-6 weeks unless you have no IL slots and can't afford the bench space.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Whew, that's better than I thought.

I was reading about him getting 2nd opinions, and was thinking post all star break or something, like Millsap last year.

it's a matter of perspective... 

Is the glass half empty or half full ? :D 

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

No clear winner I'm assuming in waivers. The minutes will be spread between Lyles, Hernangomez, Craig.

Harry G will post 2nd round value next 2 months... I guarantee

Edited by Stefan

Thank God! I expected 2-3 months at least! Go to IR spot, Will, see you in december!

I don't have an IR spot but 5-6 weeks is tolerable. Gonna hold for now, as the RW blurb said his upside is too high to drop. I play roto anyway so at least I'll save some games played slot lol

4 minutes ago, FreddieBiccs said:

Harry G?  Harry Giles you mean?

Gary Harris used to be Harry G on Instagram :D 

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Harry G will post 2nd round value next 2 months... I guarantee

Yeah hes the winner following this injury in addition to Murray playing injured stocks up⬆️

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dark One said:

It's not drop city if he's only out 5-6 weeks unless you have no IL slots and can't afford the bench space.

Yea, I don't think he is a drop candidate unless you absolutely must based on your league settings. If he hit the waiver pool I would place a bid FAAB bid and hold if I could. Up to six weeks really isn't that big of a deal, but you need to assess your league settings and decide that for yourself.

In general, this is going to be sloppy out in Denver. Murray is dinged up a bit. Barton is replaced by much lower usage options. I think Lyles needs Millsap to go down if he is going to break out and he feels out of place at the 3. Harris is probably getting most of the usage bump, but I would think Jokic gets some and I still think Millsap will improve as time goes on. Murray is the real X factor in all of this. If he was healthy he would be looking at a nice opportunity.

• Like 3

I was just messing around about dropping :D 

BUT

someone let's say... with Markkanen on roster and no IR... probably needs to drop.

Edited by Stefan

Just now, Stefan said:

I was just messing around about dropping :D 

BUT

someone with let's say... with Markkanen on roster and no IR... probably needs to drop.

what about someone with John Collins and Markkanen and Barton? Brutal but at least its 82 games per position so it's not the end of the world

Just now, atlantadynasty said:

what about someone with John Collins and Markkanen and Barton? Brutal but at least its 82 games per position so it's not the end of the world

ohhh maaan. . . . . . . .. . . . ... ..  

giphy.gif

• Like 1