fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

55 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

I'm starting to worry that he may not get the 32 minutes a game we are hoping for when he is back (if he ever).

Malik Beasley is playing too good.

Much respect to Malik Beasley but he is not close to the biggest of worries when it comes to WB's value

"Will Barton (hip) has been upgraded to questionable for Saturday's game vs. the Suns."

Nice try, but I ain't falling for this.  He's probably questionable, closer to doubtful, closer to Out, closer to INJ, closer to "questionable for 2020".

• Haha 3

Just now, mcflywalker said:

... yet "questionable" lol. after this tweet tho im more inclined to think hes a lock to play tomorrow barring any thing dumb occuring. 

Yeah, i joke around, but hey, if he returns, I'm glad to see him back, even if I basically already lost my matchup this week.

Also likely won't play the B2B anyway, meaning I lost my prediction of him playing 2/5 games this week.  

The only reason I could have to be excited for this news: Mike Malone, in the interest of competitive advantage, wanted to keep the status of WB's recovery hush-hush. Same he did with Millsap. The reasons I have to be skeptical of this news: A six-week timetable that turned into twice as long lol. 

Am I freaking out? Yes. Am I afraid of activating Barton from an IL spot for him to get low playing time for a month and possible re-injury? Absolutely

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

The only reason I could have to be excited for this news: Mike Malone, in the interest of competitive advantage, wanted to keep the status of WB's recovery hush-hush. Same he did with Millsap. The reasons I have to be skeptical of this news: A six-week timetable that turned into twice as long lol. 

Am I freaking out? Yes. Am I afraid of activating Barton from an IL spot for him to get low playing time for a month and possible re-injury? Absolutely

millsap was a bit diff, hes playing through some pain

I’m so confused. Dr. Malone strikes again. 

2 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

I agree.  That's the problem with a broken toe.  Technically, you could wrap it, and play through it.  It will be very painful, and it won't heal correctly, but you could do it.  I broke a toe when I played and I didn't even know it.  Played through it and never healed properly.  But you could also do everything correct and still have lingering pain for months.  That's the issue with a toe.  It isn't an injury to a necessary or major body part but it is going to hurt forever bc you're always on it.

13 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

8 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I agree.  That's the problem with a broken toe.  Technically, you could wrap it, and play through it.  It will be very painful, and it won't heal correctly, but you could do it.  I broke a toe when I played and I didn't even know it.  Played through it and never healed properly.  But you could also do everything correct and still have lingering pain for months.  That's the issue with a toe.  It isn't an injury to a necessary or major body part but it is going to hurt forever bc you're always on it.

Glad you guys took one part of my post about a player not even related to the thread and went on two separate tangents about it, lol

9 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Tell Kevin Love it isn't an injury to a necessary or major body part. 

• Like 1

Alright, so hypothetically he returns one of these next two games. He would likely sit one out, which do you think he’d sit out?

Tomorrow vs Suns

Sunday vs Blazers

To me, it seems like sitting against the blazers would be most logical. Letting him get burn against the suns is less risky as they’ll likely blow out the suns.

Here we all go getting our hopes up, watch him be downgraded to out two hours from now and we are back to square one. 😁

Edited by chud12

5 minutes ago, 80version said:

Tell Kevin Love it isn't an injury to a necessary or major body part. 

Playing through it isn’t smart and I wouldn’t recommend it but I was young and thought it was just a jam.  If you’re a multi-million dollar star player then there’s more incentive for it to properly heal and you have significantly more access to medical care.  But one COULD play through it and it would eventually heal albeit improperly. 

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Here we all go getting our hopes up, watch him be downgraded to out two hours from now and we are back to square one. 😁

tenor.gif?itemid=3835810

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Glad you guys took one part of my post about a player not even related to the thread and went on two separate tangents about it, lol

was referring to the part of them being hus hush about it.. that wasnt the case, he came back early. 

4 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

SomberSkinnyJoey-small.gif

How many minutes do you guys think he'll play? Like 2 and then he gets a DNP-Rest tomorrow?

Thinking he'll be restricted and that might be a few games into next week. Keeping him on the IL for now. When he does bust out with minutes and production, is when I'll activate him, not until then..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Thinking he'll be restricted and that might be a few games into next week. Keeping him on the IL for now. When he does bust out with minutes and production, is when I'll activate him, not until then..

Smart. I moved him into my starting lineup bc I had an empty spot + I moved LBJ into Barton's IL spot.

• Thanks 1