fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

You don’t need to take my advice. You do need to take into account Barton was hurt for 3 freakin months and has 3 games under his belt since coming back though. You were patient this long so why not be a bit more. I also take into account what the Denver beat writers are saying and not overreactions here. If there fully confident in Barton returning to form than so am I.  

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

You don’t need to take my advice. You do need to take into account Barton was hurt for 3 freakin months and has 3 games under his belt since coming back though. You were patient this long so why not be a bit more. I also take into account what the Denver beat writers are saying and not overreactions here. If there fully confident in Barton returning to form than so am I.  

Sadly you are far too rational for rotoworld forums.  The fantasy football/instant gratification mindset rules here.

• Like 1

As with most things it depends.  There have been a large number of times over the years when I got a bad feeling about a player or situation so I got out of the situation.  Sometimes I've been wrong but most often I've been correct.  Generally, when a player is returning from injury, the first week he returns is when he has the highest value because there's hope and the frustration of him being on a minutes restriction or not playing up to your expectations hasn't set in yet.  So if you're going to sell him, it's now.  We were all hoping for top 50 value due to a little preseason hype and the fact that he started the season well, albeit on a tiny sample size.  Since he's been back, he's been on a minutes restriction, and hasn't done anything.  Now there's also a personal issue which is probably nothing but could be something.  Sure Barton has been inside the top 50 before but he's also been outside the top 100.  He's a metrics player like OPJ and Danny Green, meaning his value is derived from a diversity of stats, as well as not hurting you in efficiency.  The problem with metrics players is that they already have low volume, if they lose whatever low volume they already have they become a WW player.  That doesn't sound like a situation I would like to be in if I can help it.  I would never drop him but if you can get top 75 value to get out of this situation I would.   

At current state, Will Barton is too good to drop but kinda worrisome to keep. Plus, it's not easy to trade Willy boy away for another asset unless he has 1 or 2 great games. 

It sucks but there is nothing you can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

At current state, Will Barton is too good to drop but kinda worrisome to keep. Plus, it's not easy to trade Willy boy away for another asset unless he has 1 or 2 great games. 

It sucks but there is nothing you can do.

Yeah you right, I'm of the same mindset...

Regardless, you're being a little irrational, let's not overreact here...

Harrison Ward 

Michael Malone says Harris/Barton are still on sub-20 min restrictions. When those restrictions are upped to the mid-20’s both will move back into the starting lineup

Edited by chud12
  • Thanks 2

12PTS IN THE HALF SO FAR IS THE THRILL BACK?! I feel like this overreaction is warranted since this is against the Jazz defense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Man he looks good, total ballhog but he is a joy to watch when hes on

He has four assists lol

26 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

He has four assists lol

Because he has the ball in his hands constantly :lol: Westbrook aint a ballhog then I guess

Mike Malone and his 20 min limit out the window I guess. 😂😂.  Guessing Barton starts next game. 

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

12PTS IN THE HALF SO FAR IS THE THRILL BACK?! I feel like this overreaction is warranted since this is against the Jazz defense.

Agree 100%

That fall was scary....i almost thought he was injured again.... just like my Niko getting injured again tonight. Injury is a bitch

On 1/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, chud12 said:

Harrison Ward 

Michael Malone says Harris/Barton are still on sub-20 min restrictions. When those restrictions are upped to the mid-20’s both will move back into the starting lineup

Seriously how did this change in like 8 hours lol ?? 

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Seriously how did this change in like 8 hours lol ?? 

Flow of the game. Barton kept them in it with his minutes off the bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flat_eric said:

Flow of the game. Barton kept them in it with his minutes off the bench.

A minute restriction means it does not matter how you perform on the court, your done when it’s up. Malone is a joke. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, chud12 said:

A minute restriction means it does not matter how you perform on the court, your done when it’s up. Malone is a joke. 

Minutes restrictions are arbitrary regardless.  

Whats the point of a minutes restriction if you’re gonna disregard it when the player thats supposedly restricted is keeping you in the game (the main reason they play in the first place). Might as well just say we’ll see what happens :lol:

• Like 1

Great fantasy game but horrible in actual basketball terms tonight.  He basically cost the Nuggets the game.  Hopefully Barton recovers ok because he had a bit of a nasty fall at one stage.  Nothing in the post game reports about injury though.