fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Great fantasy game but horrible in actual basketball terms tonight.  He basically cost the Nuggets the game.  Hopefully Barton recovers ok because he had a bit of a nasty fall at one stage.  Nothing in the post game reports about injury though.

How did he cost them the game? I didn't see it but he's +10 in plus/minus in his 30 minutes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

How did he cost them the game? I didn't see it but he's +10 in plus/minus in his 30 minutes?

 Made some really bad decisions with the ball and was bad defensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

How did he cost them the game? I didn't see it but he's +10 in plus/minus in his 30 minutes?

 

He fouled Crowder on a couple of 3 point shots but he was also huge in keeping them in the game so its hard to say he really cost them the game, Murray no showing was definitely more detrimental

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

 

He fouled Crowder on a couple of 3 point shots but he was also huge in keeping them in the game so its hard to say he really cost them the game, Murray no showing was definitely more detrimental

 

Don't forget inbounds violation.  That was a huge error.  Gave the Jazz the ball back with a minute to go and down 6.  After that the Nuggets couldn't do anything except turn it into a 3 possession game or try to d up and potentially only get the ball back with just over half a minute left. 

 

You're right about his offense though his scoring was red hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the big takeaway was that they kept Barton out there with the game close. He was essentially back to his starter role for the second half, and that’s encouraging. The patience on this front should pay off handsomely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IRL don't really care.  I like the minutes, showing that the Nuggets are at least comfortable with playing him that much especially in a closer game, and it's always nice to see that my 5th round pick is actually alive and producing a little bit.  

Downside is that the Nuggets realized they actually have some pretty decent bench and depth behind Barton.  I'm gonna have to agree with Barton's current blurb--I'm not expecting these numbers ROS, sadly.  That being said, if Barton  can do well against the Jazz defense, I'm HOPING this is the start of him returning to form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MWon said:

IRL don't really care.  I like the minutes, showing that the Nuggets are at least comfortable with playing him that much especially in a closer game, and it's always nice to see that my 5th round pick is actually alive and producing a little bit.  

Downside is that the Nuggets realized they actually have some pretty decent bench and depth behind Barton.  I'm gonna have to agree with Barton's current blurb--I'm not expecting these numbers ROS, sadly.  That being said, if Barton  can do well against the Jazz defense, I'm HOPING this is the start of him returning to form.

 

Realistically Barton could easily average 17/5/5 ros. He’s not going to average 22/8/5 lol.  If injuries occur there is room for more. Like I said in previous posts when u and others overacted just like 5 days ago, the bench guys are zero threat to this minutes. Barton is far and away the better player than a Monte Morris or Beasley and it’s not close. His game is so much more well rounded. 

 

The guy literally just signed a 4/53 mill contract extension this summer so the Nugs are obviously fully committed to him.  

Edited by chud12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think 17/5/5 was EXACTLY what Roto was predicting as well.  But I was speaking in hyperbole, meaning I'm not expecting him to hit those numbers again even on a semi-regular basis.

 

I don't disagree that Barton's the superior player, especially compared to those other guys.  However, I don't think Monte or Beasley are bad players either.  I'm hoping that Barton eats their minutes and I'd love to be proven wrong that Barton won't get more than about 28 mpg going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, I think 17/5/5 was EXACTLY what Roto was predicting as well.  But I was speaking in hyperbole, meaning I'm not expecting him to hit those numbers again even on a semi-regular basis.

 

I don't disagree that Barton's the superior player, especially compared to those other guys.  However, I don't think Monte or Beasley are bad players either.  I'm hoping that Barton eats their minutes and I'd love to be proven wrong that Barton won't get more than about 28 mpg going forward.

 

Beasley played 8 minutes last night. As long as Barton plays well he should get 30 plus min going forward. All bets are off obviously of he doesn’t. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Like I said in previous posts when u and others overacted just like 5 days ago, the bench guys are zero threat to this minutes.

 

 

I mean we're just "reacting" bro, you don't really got put yourself in these predicaments where you gotta box score watch every game to justify yourself.

 

If your daddy died, and you were a little sad, I wouldn't tell you you're "overreacting" and "that people die all the time you should've expected this."

 

Same ish here lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

 

 

I mean we're just "reacting" bro, you don't really got put yourself in these predicaments where you gotta box score watch every game to justify yourself.

 

If your daddy died, and you were a little sad, I wouldn't tell you you're "overreacting" and "that people die all the time you should've expected this."

 

Same ish here lol.

 

Lol what?? Prob one of the more funny comments, much respect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Lol what?? Prob one of the more funny comments, much respect. 

 

Okay cool, you get me then.

 

It sucks when you got dudes in here like that one mod. Any reaction he don't agree with he's like:

 

"That reaction is inappropriate!"

 

"PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE FEELINGS!!!"

 

Total buzzkill lmao.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

 

Okay cool, you get me then.

 

It sucks when you got dudes in here like that one mod. Any reaction he don't agree with he's like:

 

"That reaction is inappropriate!"

 

"PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE FEELINGS!!!"

 

Total buzzkill lmao.

 

Lol yea it’s all in good fun. 2shay. Hope Barton tears it up from here. 

Edited by chud12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Lol yea it’s all in good fun. 2shay. Hope Barton tears it up from here. 

Bro I hope he doesn't tear anything up.


I am sick of all these injuries.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont u guys remember his humble beginnings as a bench warmer?

 

Then he worked his way into the starting lineup after players went down

 

Aint no one gonna take away his minutes, the man will earn em back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good.  Was expecting slightly more against the garbage Suns, but the minutes and starting gig was nice, esp in a B2B.  

@chud12, here's to seeing that 30+ min a night you were talking about.  :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season-high 36 minutes tonight, all systems go from here. 

 

buckle up lift off GIF by Engineered Insanity

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Denver fans out there, can you explain how Barton is doing better than Harris this year?  I remember that last season Harris was the better player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

For Denver fans out there, can you explain how Barton is doing better than Harris this year?  I remember that last season Harris was the better player.

 

Out of curiosity why was Harris th better player? Barton played 81 games, lead the team in minutes and averaged 16/5/4 with solid percentages while doing it off the bench half of the season. Harris meanwhile averaged  17/2/3 with 2 steals on even better percentages while playing in 67 games. Too me it looks like both had very similar fantasy seasons. I also thought this year they had similar adp’s. (I could be wrong.) I know everyone has there preference but I took Barton over Harris in the draft and it wasn’t close for me. I view Harris as more of a glue guy for a fantasy team thsb a difference maker and Barton has more upside imo.  

 

But 2 answer your question Harris has been hampered by injuries all year and Barton missed 3 months so both have very small samples to draw any conclusions off of. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chud12 said:

 

Out of curiosity why was Harris th better player? Barton played 81 games, lead the team in minutes and averaged 16/5/4 with solid percentages while doing it off the bench half of the season. Harris meanwhile averaged  17/2/3 with 2 steals on even better percentages while playing in 67 games. Too me it looks like both had very similar fantasy seasons. I also thought this year they had similar adp’s. (I could be wrong.) I know everyone has there preference but I took Barton over Harris in the draft and it wasn’t close for me. I view Harris as more of a glue guy for a fantasy team thsb a difference maker and Barton has more upside imo.  

I agree 100%. For the adp`s - i think Harris was drafted 1 or 2 rounds before Barton in most drafts (for the steals). I drafted both (traded Gary 3 days before the first injury in package for Luka) - Gary in 6th round, Barton - in 8th round in 10 team league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.