fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

18 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Yea, I don't think he is a drop candidate unless you absolutely must based on your league settings. If he hit the waiver pool I would place a bid FAAB bid and hold if I could. Up to six weeks really isn't that big of a deal, but you need to assess your league settings and decide that for yourself.

In general, this is going to be sloppy out in Denver. Murray is dinged up a bit. Barton is replaced by much lower usage options. I think Lyles needs Millsap to go down if he is going to break out and he feels out of place at the 3. Harris is probably getting most of the usage bump, but I would think Jokic gets some and I still think Millsap will improve as time goes on. Murray is the real X factor in all of this. If he was healthy he would be looking at a nice opportunity.

How much of a FAAB out of 1000 do you think i should bid? This is my first year doing FAAB.

Just dropped him for Jae Crowder - only guy on my waiver who can provide somewhat similar production for scoring, steals and 3s. Really wanted to hold but I don't have an IR spot and I'm battling hard for a top spot. Need all the production I can get. 

Hopefully he'll be around in a few weeks still lol.

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

6+ weeks is still a hold though. 

even without IR spot? When would you consider dropping? 8+ weeks?

3 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

even without IR spot? When would you consider dropping? 8+ weeks?

All my H2H leagues have an IR spot.  In roto it doesn’t matter, you can just bench him.  I guess I would consider dropping in a league without an IR spot if I kept losing week to week and there was someone top 120 on the WW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

All my H2H leagues have an IR spot.  In roto it doesn’t matter, you can just bench him.  I guess I would consider dropping in a league without an IR spot if I kept losing week to week and there was someone top 120 on the WW. 

I play in a weekly roto but without max games per position and without IR. so im not sure yet since every game played counts...

3 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

I play in a weekly roto but without max games per position and without IR. so im not sure yet since every game played counts...

Those are crazy settings and you might have to drop him.  He might not even been as good when he comes back. 

• Like 2

I have Zinger and Markkanen on IR. You think he's worth a waiver claim and holding in a 12 team league 

10 hours ago, BeeDee33 said:

How much of a FAAB out of 1000 do you think i should bid? This is my first year doing FAAB.

I think the news about being reevaluated in 6 weeks makes him less appealing. 6 weeks and then maybe he gets cleared, maybe he doesn't. I would think he is out for 2 months and not back to normal minutes until 10-11 weeks. That is a LONG time and Barton was always a bench option in the past. So if the Nuggets roll while he is out and say Craig or Lyles peak in the starting 5, then the Nuggets might not disrupt that and bring Barton back in a bench/sixth man role. I like to plan for the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it is better than that. 

This is a long way of saying I might spend 5-10% of my FAAB on a Barton bid and that is only if my team is rock solid and I can afford to sit on a player until January. Everyone needs to see if their league settings and rosters allow for that. It is very team specific thing so there is no blanket statement. If you have a specific question about your roster and Barton make sure you post in the AC Forum. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stefan said:

TOLD YAAAAAAAAAAA

Wasn't wrong after all 

image.png.fd06f09d9104051653ec8df7c657396f.png

tenor.gif

500full.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Aaahhaah just messing around a lil bit :D  

I know, but just couldn`t resist :D I am prepared with other western meme for you ;)

27 minutes ago, montanski said:

I know, but just couldn`t resist :D I am prepared with other western meme for you ;)

Cool. :D  

Still out for a long time. In a similar situation where I'm in a 12 man H2H League without an IR spot. Time to say goodbye? Or still worth a hold? 

1 minute ago, nyjew said:

Still out for a long time. In a similar situation where I'm in a 12 man H2H League without an IR spot. Time to say goodbye? Or still worth a hold? 

I was very excited to see what he could do this year and I thought he was going to be a great value pick. but I have an IR slot for him. If you don't, I don't think you can hold on to him.

Dropped in our league without an IR spot. If I get out to a 4-0 lead I'll pick him up presuming no one gets there before me.

I'm always scared to hear guys are having core and hip issues.   A return around Christmas maybe?  He's going to have to ramp up his activity level in December to get back in shape.   Probably very little work he can do other than pool right now with a lower body injury.

I dropped Buddy Hield for him in a 9 cat, H2H 10 -team league

Not sure I made the right decision, Buddy Hield has been on fire and this guy could be out a long time.  But Hield was not giving me much more than 17 pts, 2 threes at the time :(

In IR league I’m trying to trade for this stud out 6-8 weeks ..... what value do you think this guys worth to trade for ??

12 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

In IR league I’m trying to trade for this stud out 6-8 weeks ..... what value do you think this guys worth to trade for ??

I value him top 50 pretty clearly when healthy but he’s going to be out for two months so it really depends on what position his owner is in.  I’m doing just fine in one of the leagues I have him so I would rather just hold him rather than sell him for less than a top 50 player, maybe I’d take a top 60 player bc thats not to far apart and I wouldn’t have to wait for him to return.  That said, the player I trade him for could also get injured so I’m not that eager to trade a top 50 player low just due to injury. However, if I’m poorly I might just trade him low. 

1 hour ago, monkeysennin said:
  1. Anybody still holding in H2H 12 team leagues with no IR slots?

Would be pretty dumb to hold him for two weeks and then drop him when he's closer to a return, wouldn't it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, monkeysennin said:
  1. Anybody still holding in H2H 12 team leagues with no IR slots?

Dropped a week ago, looking to pick him back up in like a week or two. Everything is pointing towards a late December return. 

• Like 1