fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

31 minutes ago, montanski said:

This guy really frustrates me, lately!

I really don't wanna drop him, but damn! I know how good he can be be. 

• Like 1

Gulp. There you have it - with this newfound depth Malone will not hesitate in benching his vets if they put a foot wrong.

As an owner of both Barton and Harris, the emergence of Morris and Beasley is very concerning. I keep waiting for these two to cool off and normalcy to be restored. But the cold reality is this is the new normal - these young fellas have stepped up and outperformed almost everyone on the Nuggets roster not named Nikola Jokic all season.

Edited by flat_eric

As I have stated a lot recently all bets are off if Will doesn't play well. I would think it starts soon. Unless he is injured he is a much better player than what he's shown the last week. 

I had a really 'knee-jerk' reaction when I saw the line but He just scored 20 a couple games ago so I'll consider this his rock bottom. The RW blurb mentioned that the upcoming ASB will be well-timed for a guy like him. If someone else believes in him given the poor play and I can package him for a stud I'll listen to offers, but I'll keep the faith that post-ASB he'll heat up and approach the territory he was in last season

5 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I am this close to dropping

I am holding my fingers very close

yesterdays line was already preety good lol besides bad %, 2 3s and 2 stocks. 

wait till after all star break, and should be in a nice groove by fantasy playoffs imo

• Like 2

Barton and G. Harris are both on my wire and I already have Murray, but thinking about loading up on Nuggets players for their PO schedule.

What a disgrace. I held on all season for this. 

Quite disappointing. At this stage Barton is still playing starters minutes but with performances like these I don't know how long that will hold. Particularly when Malone has options like Beasley and Morris, and the return of Harris and IT.

Edited by flat_eric

On 2/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, ellejamil said:

I am this close to dropping

I am holding my fingers very close

thiiiiiis close

First 3-4 games after the ASB will navigate his movement - to the starter place or to the waiver wires.

I have let Joe Harris, Monte Morris, Bobby Portis, and Jabari Parket pass me by. Get your stuff together Thrill

waited half a season for this kind of production

6 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I have let Joe Harris, Monte Morris, Bobby Portis, and Jabari Parket pass me by. Get your stuff together Thrill

none of these guys are comparable lol.... what are you saying right now

10 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

none of these guys are comparable lol.... what are you saying right now

Those were players available on the wire when people were waiting for Barton to get up to speed

Murray, Garris, Beasley, Morris, Thomas, Barton.

Right now, once Garris comes back, I think the guard/wing rotation could be Murray>Garris>Beasley>Morris>Barton>Thomas

I love Barton and DEN's PO sched, but this is so messy right now (and a very good problem to have IRL).

Are you guys dropping? If not, what's keeping you?

4 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Murray, Garris, Beasley, Morris, Thomas, Barton.

Right now, once Garris comes back, I think the guard/wing rotation could be Murray>Garris>Beasley>Morris>Barton>Thomas

I love Barton and DEN's PO sched, but this is so messy right now (and a very good problem to have IRL).

Are you guys dropping? If not, what's keeping you?

Nope. Hoping the all star break helps him. Giving him a week once the season starts back up. 

Just now, chud12 said:

Nope. Hoping the all star break helps him. Giving him a week once the season starts back up. 

I'm also thinking of doing that, but I feel like Saric (and even Dragic) is getting warmer on our wire. I've watched the past few Nuggets games and they've been using Will as primary ball handler when Murray is out, but he hasn't been good at it (Morris I think can start in a lot of teams). Which brings me to IT. I think he's a better shot creator than Will, but a worse defensive liability (but not much). Very debatable point, of course. So what else is there for him to do?

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I'm also thinking of doing that, but I feel like Saric (and even Dragic) is getting warmer on our wire. I've watched the past few Nuggets games and they've been using Will as primary ball handler when Murray is out, but he hasn't been good at it (Morris I think can start in a lot of teams). Which brings me to IT. I think he's a better shot creator than Will, but a worse defensive liability (but not much). Very debatable point, of course. So what else is there for him to do?

Hope and pray lol. I’ve only given him this long of a leash because of the holding for months and months with injury so I’ve became a bit attached lol. But I’m done if he is mediocre out of the break. 

Dropped for Miles Bridges. Denver is too deep rotation and i can afford the risk with Miles, who produce when has the opportunity. I hope his starting role will be ROS. Anyway, Barton and Mirotic killed the fun in this champion season, so i wanted to drop them together... and forever :lol:.