fawkes_mulder

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, montanski said:

Dropped for Miles Bridges. Denver is too deep rotation and i can afford the risk with Miles, who produce when has the opportunity. I hope his starting role will be ROS. Anyway, Barton and Mirotic killed the fun in this champion season, so i wanted to drop them together... and forever :lol:.

Same here. One more bad game and I am dropping Niko. I already dropped Will Barton. I cannot stand all these s--- poor performance.

Malik Beasley and Monte Morris outplayed him. Now that IT is back. With tons of offensive weapon, I don't expect Barton to average more than 12 pts. 

3 hours ago, csklmf said:

Same here. One more bad game and I am dropping Niko. I already dropped Will Barton. I cannot stand all these s--- poor performance.

Malik Beasley and Monte Morris outplayed him. Now that IT is back. With tons of offensive weapon, I don't expect Barton to average more than 12 pts. 

Malik was great when Gary was out, but dropped him right after the break. I will stay away from Denver's players ROS, when all are healthy.

7 hours ago, montanski said:

Dropped for Miles Bridges. Denver is too deep rotation and i can afford the risk with Miles, who produce when has the opportunity. I hope his starting role will be ROS. Anyway, Barton and Mirotic killed the fun in this champion season, so i wanted to drop them together... and forever :lol:.

Sadly I still own both as there is a pickup limit in my league for the season as I only have 2 adds left. They are both on an expiring clock and like you my Team has been cruising all year so the ishh lines won’t hurt anything but my sanity moving forward. I Miro accepted Miro’s ros Outlook  months ago as ishhh but the Barton one still hurts. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

I'll take the contrarian view here. The minutes were 4-5 lower than normal with Harris back in the rotation now, but WB shot 50% with two 3s and two steals with no TOs. Peripherals weren't outstanding but it's his first game in a while that didn't do me any harm. He is one of my lowest-ranked players on a 15-man roster and I am holding for the POs schedule 

22 minutes ago, Freshazimiz53 said:

I own Barton and Harris and honestly don't know what to do lol

Me too. I got both off waivers at various points in the season so I'm happy to hold and see where this goes. Not enough commensurate talent on waivers to consider letting go.

Done with him. Will be dropping for best free agent before playoffs. Thanks for the lost year. Won’t exist next year for me. 

I'm holding for another week to see if he can get it together before my playoffs begin.

My faith is quickly deteriorating but the minutes are still there and he has a competitive attitude and must be hurting over the string of poor performances so there is still a chance this season isn't wasted.

Edited by flat_eric

I really haven't watched DEN games but I might give a closer look this week.

This should be a perfect feel-out period for DEN as this is the 1st time when they have all guys healthy.

From a coaching standpoint, chemistry is the biggest factor. For us, it's all about the production.

yep, he was really a game or 2 away from being dropped.

I watched the game though and with them at full-strength, I noticed one thing, he is the only legit slasher who can create his own shot off the dribble or drive to the lane.

Jamal Murray and Isaiah Thomas do their stuff off the pick-and-roll.
Garry Harris plays off the ball and uses down screens effectively
Malik Beasley is another off-ball high motor player who can shoot and slash but doesn't really have a dribble game

Jokic/Millsap/Plumlee are their post-up players
while Torrey Craig is more focused on the defense

Yes, they have great depth, but looking at it closely, there's no other player similar to Barton's profile.
From a minutes standpoint, he could always at least get 20-25 minutes.
Production-wise though, he will be highly inconsistent unless he really puts his head down and focuses on scoring.
I think he'll have more impact when he does this off the bench against the other team's 2nd unit.

Against OKC, he had a good stretch mid-way to the 2nd quarter where I think he scored 6 points in 2 minutes (could have been 9 or 12 if he didn't missed the 3pt attempts)
The commentators were actually calling him a "Professional Scorer"

I'll watch couple more games this week and do some more observations, but for now, these are the things I noticed

• Thanks 1

He started 2-9 today and I was thinking "not again!" but he turned it around on the 3rd quarter! Please keep this a trend!

We all left him for dead and got a surprise two game run, rejoice!!!  Maybe just maybe we get a consistent Barton going forward. 

Posted (edited)
On 2/23/2019 at 7:06 AM, chud12 said:

Sadly I still own both as there is a pickup limit in my league for the season as I only have 2 adds left. They are both on an expiring clock and like you my Team has been cruising all year so the ishh lines won’t hurt anything but my sanity moving forward. I Miro accepted Miro’s ros Outlook  months ago as ishhh but the Barton one still hurts. 

Dropped Barton this week. Rolling now just when I dropped his arse! Hopefully no one is paying attention. LOL, I own Jokic on that team as well and was trying to strategize for the playoffs, but Barton was killing me.

Edited by Forever Smooth

I guess I'm one of the few who held on to this guy. He nearly cost me my previous week's battle for #2 matchup but knowing the guy's potential, I decided to keep him for another week and watch closely how DEN plays.

His recent numbers have been good but I still think there will be inconsistencies along the way. But worry not as this has more to do with the team chemistry/cohesion and being able to pick his spots in the offense.

Also the minutes will be there as he's the only iso/off-ball player who can create his shot off the dribble going to the basket or pulling up for a jumper.

• Like 1