Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

25 minutes ago, royalm said:

You have the patience of a saint

Or.....

he’s a robot. 

Which is more likely? 

Robot. 

Edited by DavidbivaD

Will Barton (hip) has been ramping up his workload at recent practices.

Mile Malone said that Barton has been going so hard that he may caution him to dial it back a bit, but to be clear, he has not experienced any setbacks and appears to be on track for a December return. He'll be re-evaluated around December 4, and if all goes well, he may be able to return to action by mid-December. At this point, he should be stashed in most leagues.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, backyardballer said:

Hoping for an early December return...Basketball Monster says Dec 10

With the scarcity of updates coming from DEN, I’m hoping we get blindsided and Barton comes back even earlier than the 10th or mid-December as the blurb says.

25 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

With the scarcity of updates coming from DEN, I’m hoping we get blindsided and Barton comes back even earlier than the 10th or mid-December as the blurb says.

I agree.  It helps that they'll be battling for a playoff berth all season.  

They are hopeful that Barton will be reintegrated back into the lineup in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry guys, but I can't bring you good news. He is week-to-week :unsure:

http://amicohoops.net/nuggets-wing-barton-being-evaluated-on-weekly-basis/

Denver Nuggets wing Will Barton is continuing to progress following surgery to his right hip/core muscle and will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, the team announced in a news release. Barton underwent the surgery Oct. 23.

“Whether a couple of weeks, I’m not really sure,” Nuggets coach Mike Malone said last week, via The Denver Post. “He had a couple of really good days, and I think he probably did a little bit too much and then with his injury and that surgery that he had, he’s really sore.

“So we just gotta be smart with not overdoing it, trying to rush him back, and he’s gotta be smart thinking, ‘I can’t be back in the next couple of days. I gotta be patient with this, so we don’t keep on putting ourselves behind the eight ball.’”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Sorry guys, but I can't bring you good news. He is week-to-week :unsure:

C'est la vie... C'est la vie

That's based on what the coach said last week though. He was supposed to be reevaluated on Tuesday so we don't have the latest information. I'm sure with Harris going out, they'll have more urgency in getting him on the court.

• Like 1