tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 8

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 8 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 8 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

2 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Kirk cousins or big Ben 

I would go for Kirk. 

Which rb: Yeldon or  Barner  (if michel out) or Martin? 

Te: Reed or McDonald? 

5 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Kirk cousins or big Ben 

Kirk

2 hours ago, Blizzard737 said:

I would go for Kirk. 

Which rb: Yeldon or  Barner  (if michel out) or Martin? 

Te: Reed or McDonald? 

RB: Tough, but I'd go Barner. Yeldon splitting with Hyde against a good Philly defense and I just don't trust anything in Oakland

TE: Vance

Pick 3 to start:

Josh Gordon @Buf

Tyler Boyd vs TB

Kerryon Johnson vs Sea

Nick Chubb @Pit

Edited by 24HourPiffness
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aypeeone said:

Baldwin vs Detroit

or

Alshon vs Jags/Ramsey

Alshon

Who to start in my flex

Kerryon Johnson vs SEA

Nick Chubb @ PIT

Tre'Quan Smith @ MIN

So I'm hoping for better results than last week when the advice from this forum had me starting Corey Clement and Andy Dalton over Marlon Mack and Phillip Rivers.  I lost out on 40 points with those two decisions which led to losing the week.

This week I need to choose a #2 flex, and I'm looking at Corey Clement vs Jacksonville in London, or Martavis Bryant at home vs the Colts.

Fantasypros is clearly saying Clement, but he was garbage last week vs the Panthers. Meanwhile, Bryant moves into the #2 WR role in Oakland, but most people seem to be saying to ride him on the bench. Please let me know your gut feelings here. I personally feel like Bryant is set to have a bigger day (much like I felt about Mack and RIvers before changing my mind), but I'm clearly in the minority with that thought process.

Along with your answer please provide a little explanation as to why you feel the player is the better start. Possibly complicating the matter is that my opponent is starting Wendell Smallwood.

Need one RB and a FLEX for Week 8 in 12 Team PPR. Opponent is rock solid so I may have to reach here:

RB Mostert@AZ

RB Jalen Richard vs INDY

RB Yeldon vs PHI

RB Chris Ivory BUF@NE

RB Ronald Jones TB@CIN (dropped the useless Barber)

WR Lockett@DET

WR Tre'Quan Smith NO@MIN

Start Winston or Roethlisberger?

Opponent does have Evans and Juice. Cleveland and Cincy have two of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. So, really tough choice. Roethlisberger at home though seems like the choice to make, but I need more opinions.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Opponent does have Evans and Juice. Cleveland and Cincy have two of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. So, really tough choice. Roethlisberger at home though seems like the choice to make, but I need more opinions.

I'd probably go with Big Ben.

Alright everyone, appreciate any help here:

.5 ppr league

My flex spot options (have mack, johnson in RB and diggs, evan WR) are:

Crabtree, Thompson (probably out?), Collins, Baldwin

I'm leaning towards Baldwin but don't have a strong case for any of the players here

WHIR!

12 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Alshon

Who to start in my flex

Kerryon Johnson vs SEA

Nick Chubb @ PIT

Tre'Quan Smith @ MIN

Wow, these are all great choices. Is there any way you can start more than one of these?

In a PPR, I'd go Tre'Quan. In a standard, you gotta go with your hottest player and that's Kerryon right now.

McCaffrey Vs. Ravens 

OR

Mack Vs. Raiders

I already have Barkley, Conner, Cooks, Diggs and Hopkins going so I am tempted to play Mack since I have great upside everywhere else.

5 hours ago, luckBbrady said:

Need one RB and a FLEX for Week 8 in 12 Team PPR. Opponent is rock solid so I may have to reach here:

RB Mostert@AZ

RB Jalen Richard vs INDY

RB Yeldon vs PHI

RB Chris Ivory BUF@NE

RB Ronald Jones TB@CIN (dropped the useless Barber)

WR Lockett@DET

WR Tre'Quan Smith NO@MIN

Since you're in a PPR, I'd go with Richard to edge out Mostert at RB. I'd say the opposite for standard.

At WR I'm really liking what I've been hearing about Tre'Quan lately. I'd say he's more boom or bust tho compared to the much safer Lockett. If you're opponent looks like he might outscore you, I'd go Tre'Quan in hopes that he might have a breakout day, but if you look like you have the game in the bag, then don't mess around and just start Lockett.

5 hours ago, collucho said:

Trubisky or Goff?!?!

Trubisky has been so hot lately... especially with his feet... that I'd take the risk and start him.

5 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Tough choice here. I'm actually leaning toward Winston, but follow my logic...

I'm thinking that Roethlisberger builds up a nice lead wherein they'll end up running the ball to close it out. Winston, on the other hand, is playing a hot Bengals offense in a game that's likely to be a shoot-out 'till the end. So with that in mind, I'd take the riskier Winston. I mean, you Big Ben will get his 20 points or so, but Winston might seriously blow up the scoreboard.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pswizzle said:

Alright everyone, appreciate any help here:

.5 ppr league

My flex spot options (have mack, johnson in RB and diggs, evan WR) are:

Crabtree, Thompson (probably out?), Collins, Baldwin

I'm leaning towards Baldwin but don't have a strong case for any of the players here

WHIR!

I'm not sure abotu Thompson's status,  but I was hearing yesterday that he should play. If he does, he's a very strong option here.

Otherwise, it's between Crabtree (who I like over Collins) and Baldwin. I agree with you that Baldwin has a slight edge here.

42 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

McCaffrey Vs. Ravens 

OR

Mack Vs. Raiders

I already have Barkley, Conner, Cooks, Diggs and Hopkins going so I am tempted to play Mack since I have great upside everywhere else.

I have Mack as well and am very excited about his potential especially vs the Raiders. With that said, McCaffery is one of my fav players so I just can't conceive benching him. I think you're in a situation where you're so stacked you almost can't go wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to actually bench McCaffery. With that said, just knowing you have all those players suggests you know far more than me.

6 minutes ago, ynotrhyme said:

Mostert at Arizona or Funchess vs Baltimore?

Tough one. I'm leaning toward Mostert because of the matchups, but it's a very slight lean.

I'd still love some help on my question about about flexing Martavis Bryant or Corey Clement. In particular, I'm wondering how I should factor in my opponent having Smallwood. I mean, Smallwood and Clement tend to have similar stats. To beat him, do I take that as a safe route, or I go with Bryant for the possibility that he might do more? On Bryant, I tend to get that one should wait and see what he does now with Cooper gone, but what if he really does do great and he's on my bench (just like Mack did last week when the word was to wait and see what he does only to watch him explode with 32 points)?

19 hours ago, aypeeone said:

Baldwin vs Detroit

or

Alshon vs Jags/Ramsey

Baldwin

1 minute ago, Jags02 said:

Tough one. I'm leaning toward Mostert because of the matchups, but it's a very slight lean.

Yea i see arizona gives up alot of rushing yards but Funchess has been very consistent tho.