tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 8

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 8

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 8 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Just now, ynotrhyme said:

Yea i see arizona gives up alot of rushing yards but Funchess has been very consistent tho. 

...so has the Ravens pass defense.

Just now, Jags02 said:

...so has the Ravens pass defense.

F*^^* lol Lower scoring game vs the ravens im assuming. Means more oppurtunities for Mostert. 

31 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

I have Mack as well and am very excited about his potential especially vs the Raiders. With that said, McCaffery is one of my fav players so I just can't conceive benching him. I think you're in a situation where you're so stacked you almost can't go wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to actually bench McCaffery. With that said, just knowing you have all those players suggests you know far more than me.

I might see what Hopkins gets me Thursday, if he has a good game I may have the wiggle room to be able to play Mack and now be worried about points.

Also Mack was limited today, fyi.

6 hours ago, collucho said:

Trubisky or Goff?!?!

Trubisky. He's been insane lately and Goff is trending down. They are leaning more on Gurley and not relying on Goff as much. I'd ride the hot hand in Trubisky.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, collucho said:

Mack or Lindsay?!?

Mack (provided there's nothing to him being limited in practice)

3 minutes ago, collucho said:

Mack or Lindsay?!?

I'd take Mack only because he should get 20+ touches in this next game like their last game. Oakland is 22nd in the league against the run. On the flip-side, if Royce Freeman doesn't play Lindsay might be a juicy play going up against KC. They are 25th against the run. I'm leaning Mack until the injury report comes out for Denver on Friday. Likely still Mack then only because there is no telling what Vance Joseph will do. Knowing him, he'll just give Booker more touches. Regardless, I'm firing up Lindsay in my flex though if Freeman ends up being out.

I'm starting Dalton this week in a great matchup, but I don't have Trubisky. Gotta go with Trubisky... the hot hand.

Cook is only going to benefit from Cooper being out, so I'd go with him this week, although these are both great options. Can you flex the other?

BTW, any advice on my Clement/Bryant question would be appreciated. I posted it last night, and I've yet to get a single response. I'm practically begging now.

Dalton V TB (tb d sucks)

Winston @ Cincy (throws a ton, cincy d sucks)

Luck @ oak (could be another 150 yard game with 3 td blowout against oak)

Leaning winston since this is one of the highest projected scoring games and he has no run game. Cincy D almost as bad as TB. I have AJG and try not to use 2 guys on same team, my opponent has Djax. Any score from djax would help me. Kind of blocks points.

NEED a win bad.

Edited by Zekepeak86

3 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I have Mack as well and am very excited about his potential especially vs the Raiders. With that said, McCaffery is one of my fav players so I just can't conceive benching him. I think you're in a situation where you're so stacked you almost can't go wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to actually bench McCaffery. With that said, just knowing you have all those players suggests you know far more than me.

CMC plays the Ravens who are allowing the least amount of points to opposing RB's while Mack (coming of a sick game) is facing the Raiders. As crazy as it sounds, this is a relatively easy choice for me. 

I guess my question just got buried, so let me ask yet again...

Martavis Bryant, now the starting #2 in Oakland with Cooper gone, vs the Colts

or...

Corey Clement in London vs the Jaguars

??????????

Keep in mind here that my opponent has Wendell Smallwood.

18 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

or...

??????????

Im no expert, but I would go with Bryant. 

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

or...

??????????

I might go Bryant...the Philly run situation is a bit uncertain...not sure who will come out of that on top.

I have David Johnson, mcCaffery, Lindsay, Mack and Chubb. Who would you start? Rb1, 2 and Flex position are open.

12 hours ago, Jags02 said:

Wow, these are all great choices. Is there any way you can start more than one of these?

In a PPR, I'd go Tre'Quan. In a standard, you gotta go with your hottest player and that's Kerryon right now.

I would have to bench zeke, conner, AJG or Diggs in order to start more.

6 hours ago, Apex1 said:

I have David Johnson, mcCaffery, Lindsay, Mack and Chubb. Who would you start? Rb1, 2 and Flex position are open.

I would say play DJ Mack and Lindsay just due to the match-ups. Ravens defense is no joke, and Cleveland could be behind early against the Steelers at home. 

Who should i play at flex Brieda or Mostert?? Im leaning towards Mostert but idk.

7 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I would have to bench zeke, conner, AJG or Diggs in order to start more.

Without dong the math, your team in a 16-teamer looks absolutely outrageous.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Dalton V TB (tb d sucks)

Winston @ Cincy (throws a ton, cincy d sucks)

Luck @ oak (could be another 150 yard game w 3 td blowout against oak)

Leaning winston since this is one of the highest projected scoring games and he has no run game. Cincy D almost as bad as TB. I have AJG and try not to use 2 guys on same team, my opponent has Djax. Any score from djax would help me. Kind of blocks points.

NEED a win bad.

Any thoughts? Or am I good going with Winston?

1 hour ago, lucasfernog said:

Landry, Josh Gordon or Tre'Quan Smith? 15 points behind in projection against the #1 7-0... i'm 5-2

Gordon. He has the most upside and could have a monster game, but he's also getting steady targets from Brady now. We'd have a huge hype train this week if he could've gotten a couple more yards for the TD on his big catch the other day.

Full ppr WR2 bye week fill in:

Baldwin, Watkins, or Godwin?

40 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Any thoughts? Or am I good going with Winston?

You can't really go wrong with either Luck (considering TY is back) or Winston. 

14 hours ago, Jags02 said:

or...

??????????

14 hours ago, Blizzard737 said:

Im no expert, but I would go with Bryant. 

12 hours ago, Gideon said:

I might go Bryant...the Philly run situation is a bit uncertain...not sure who will come out of that on top.

Thanks. I keep thinking Bryant is the right call, but when I plug them into fantasy pros they show most of the experts saying Clement. It also makes me nervous that Yahoo is saying something like 25 percent are starting Clement and only 1 percent is starting Bryant. With all of this in mind, it's reassuring that you guys also think Bryant. I needed something to make me feel confident with the choice.