Sign in to follow this  
HarmStrong

Terrible Trade Offers 2018-19

55 minutes ago, jsquints said:

Most of these dont seem worthy of this thread so far.

Maybe the Rondo - Irving one. 

Most of these offers aren’t terrible but the Rondo/jbrown for Irving/gharris one is worse than terrible. 

Edited by Ruspin Ruxin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, guyhaha said:

I thought you don't even think Middleton is better than Klay since you said " why ask for Ingles instead of a throw in?".

I think Middleton is better by maybe a round and by throw in I mean someone around 100 who is better than the WW replacement player.  But asking for Klay and a Top 50 player is asking for two Top 50 players on my side. 

On 10/20/2018 at 12:42 AM, ellejamil said:

Picked up Portis off the wire to try to buy Turner low and I'm still nervous LOL

This was accidentally posted on the Myles turner thread

1 hour ago, Roto4500 said:

Consider yourselves lucky. I've sent out 10+ offers that were borderline TOO good and I've received 10 rejections, 0 counter-offers and 0 regular offers. My league sucks.

Sometimes people just don't want to trade certain players, or maybe they are punting a category the player specializes in that you are offering. Theres a lot more reasons to reject a trade besides it being fair.

I offered Steph Curry and LaMarcus Aldridge for Dame and Mirotic, before the season started. He thinks because of Mirotic’s start that it was a terrible trade offer in hindsight, smh

Edited by Boogie Buckets
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Westbrook, Dwight, and Clarkson for Giannis, Myles, and DLo.

The thread is titled terrible trade offers not slightly below average trade offers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

The thread is titled terrible trade offers not slightly below average trade offers

Slightly below average? No I would describe this as terrible.

And this was in Roto too. Dwight Howard in Roto. No value. Unwinnable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Slightly below average? No I would describe this as terrible.

And this was in Roto too. Dwight Howard in Roto. No value. Unwinnable.

Yeah in roto this would be horrible. If it was H2h it's much better because BKNhas the worst playoff schedule.

I traded Bledsoe plus Trae Young for Oladipo and I'm getting trashed in the group chat. Probably because of Young's big night but before that I thought it was fair.

Edited by Prsbest11
  • Like 1

I've gotten a lot already in this young season, but two stand out to me in particular.

In a dynasty I'm in, someone offered me their Klay Thompson for my Devin Booker. I wouldn't even do that trade in a redraft.

In a redraft I'm in, someone offered me their Serge Ibaka and Derrick Rose for my Paul George. My team is so stacked in that particular league, that I wouldn't even claim those players if they were on the waiver wire staring at me.

Awful trade offers make me so frustrated even though it's as easy as rejecting them :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SOme of these are not terrible at all.

No wonder I can never get trades going, I have to ask for lube in return if I want to get any trades done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prsbest11 said:

I traded Bledsoe plus Trae Young for Oladipo and I'm getting trashed in the group chat. Probably because of Young's big night but before that I thought it was fair.

nah you won that deal I think. Even if Trae has a big year, I rather have Dipo than him and bledsoe 

2 hours ago, Prsbest11 said:

dude you gave up way too much..Dipo's not going to do same this year. 

2.7 steals was it? yeah not going to happen this year. Last year he broke out teams didn't know he was a star now the secrets out.

I was low on Trae Young, but man minutes = production. Sorry to say but you done ****** up :P 

BUT 2 for 1s often good than not...if you can snag a top 50 waiver...

53 minutes ago, skyjogger13 said:

dude you gave up way too much..Dipo's not going to do same this year. 

2.7 steals was it? yeah not going to happen this year. Last year he broke out teams didn't know he was a star now the secrets out.

I was low on Trae Young, but man minutes = production. Sorry to say but you done ****** up :P 

BUT 2 for 1s often good than not...if you can snag a top 50 waiver...

He's not gonna get close to 2.7 steals bc teams know he's good now?? What are they gonna do, double team him on defense? 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Kippet said:

He's not gonna get close to 2.7 steals bc teams know he's good now?? What are they gonna do, double team him on defense? 

around 2/2.1 is more realistic. And I was referring to him breaking out last year as opposed to this year..smh. Teams will be more on to him, make him focal point of defense, etc. And his value lies heavily on his elite steals. His FT is so so his scoring is not elite lvl compared to other top 10 guys- steph, durant, etc.. If he can't get to close to 2.5s he's top 30 player not top 10. 

4 hours ago, Prsbest11 said:

Nice buy-low sell-high. Hope you get the last laugh in the end (cause I got Dipo too)

2 hours ago, skyjogger13 said:

around 2/2.1 is more realistic. And I was referring to him breaking out last year as opposed to this year..smh. Teams will be more on to him, make him focal point of defense, etc. And his value lies heavily on his elite steals. His FT is so so his scoring is not elite lvl compared to other top 10 guys- steph, durant, etc.. If he can't get to close to 2.5s he's top 30 player not top 10. 

His steals dropping from from 2.4 to 2.0/2.1 is not going to make him go from a top 10 player to a top 30 player. Even if his fg% drops a little with the steals I don’t think he’d be outside the top 20. 

Can we start a dumbest thread of the year award...This is the winner.

It just trading...say no, move on, or counter. Believe it or not many people have different opinions and needs in terms of trades...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Can we start a dumbest thread of the year award...This is the winner.

It just trading...say no, move on, or counter. Believe it or not many people have different opinions and needs in terms of trades...

Mate, lighten up...have a beer or something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1