K50K

Justice Winslow 2018-2019 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, Markillies said:

what about his playing time when everyone is healthy?

That would be my concern.  He's currently doing this with JJ, Whiteside, and Waiters injured.  Granted JJ doesn't have a timetable to return, but expecting similar value ROS seems suspect.  People argue about Justise's salary, but they paid JJ even more money.  

He started off the bench but now leading scorer and mins. Heats have weird rotations/guys out but coach can’t deny the guy after this nice run right?

Gaining traction for more consistent mins? He’s been absolutely killing it. Long term outlook..? Arrow seems to be pointing up.

If the Heat keeps having so many injuries then he has a chance to be decent. He needs to have the ball in his hands to be effective so if Dragic, Tyler, and Josh Richardson stay hurt, Whiteside stays away, and DWade doesn't take up too much usage for the rest of retirement tour, then yes, he has a chance to be decent. Otherwise, I think he goes back to his 39% FG, bad FT%, and Lance Stephenson-like ways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

If the Heat keeps having so many injuries then he has a chance to be decent. He needs to have the ball in his hands to be effective so if Dragic, Tyler, and Josh Richardson stay hurt, Whiteside stays away, and DWade doesn't take up too much usage for the rest of retirement tour, then yes, he has a chance to be decent. Otherwise, I think he goes back to his 39% FG, bad FT%, and Lance Stephenson-like ways.

This guy knows his s---, JRich and Dragic are back though.

Dang he got snatched up last night of the wire. I guess no one thought he could sustain. He’s smoking right now.

Any projections for his numbers if he maintains a 25-30 min role?

Having a hard time figuring him out because all of his lines seem to be random stat vomit; All I can piece together is he can actually shoot now.

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Added. Been insane the last few games. I think it’s starting to click and spolstra is letting him unleash.

It's possible. He's stopped shooting terribly from the field. He's still only 22, so if you have someone to cut he has a much better chance of paying dividends than some loser like Alec Burks. With how hot he's been of late, his seasonlong numbers aren't even that bad anymore.

Added.

He was really good last 3 games... and played last night decent amount of minutes depsite Richardson and Dragic back to the lineup.

Especially his next 3 games look brutal defensively speaking. I thought long and hard about picking him up but that schedule doesn't look enticing plus most of heats players that didn't play last game were eligible and could have played. Whiteside is also coming back. 

5 hours ago, Russianog said:

Especially his next 3 games look brutal defensively speaking. I thought long and hard about picking him up but that schedule doesn't look enticing plus most of heats players that didn't play last game were eligible and could have played. Whiteside is also coming back. 

True, but considering how well he has played - especially against a top 10 Lakers defense - it seems worth scooping him up on the off chance that he'll keep it rolling.  He did sign a contract with the Heat and it seems like they have good reason to roll him out there.  And he's still just 22.  I was seeing flashes of huge potential earlier in the year and it looks like it's come into fruition (for 3-4 games anyway).  I picked him up and dropped Olynik; but I'm still with you - the upcoming games are the true test.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nica4two said:

True, but considering how well he has played - especially against a top 10 Lakers defense - it seems worth scooping him up on the off chance that he'll keep it rolling.  He did sign a contract with the Heat and it seems like they have good reason to roll him out there.  And he's still just 22.  I was seeing flashes of huge potential earlier in the year and it looks like it's come into fruition (for 3-4 games anyway).  I picked him up and dropped Olynik; but I'm still with you - the upcoming games are the true test.

I worry about a regression when he drops in usage by about 10%. Too many offensive weapons would be eligible and would steal opportunities. 

Key difference = Lou Will of last year Versus this year. 

With the Dragic news, does this improve Winslow’s status going forward? Not sure if he’s an add or not. 

37 minutes ago, Cozie said:

With the Dragic news, does this improve Winslow’s status going forward? Not sure if he’s an add or not. 

He still needs Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, and DWade to get hurt too. 

I knew it just a matter of time before he bust out again, now that he's in the starting lineup. If Winslow is sitting on your wise, I suggest you scoop him and drop a player that's replaceable. Scooping him everywhere I can.

Is it crazy to grab both Tyler and Justice? I need counting stats for the next couple of weeks as Otto/Gary heal up.

Must add in 12+ especially for those needing an assists boost. With dragic out and jrich not being the type to run the offense, winslow gonna be doing a lot according to Spo