Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Overpay for Rodgers in 2 qb league?

12 team 1 pt ppr

2 qb 3wr 2rb flex

teams really good and looking to make a move to really put me over.

scoring favors qbs .

give hill and dak

get rodgers

6 pt pass td

bonus pts for 40 yd pass rush and rec tds (2 pts)

0.1 per completion (every 30 completions is 3 extra pts.)

1 pt at 300 yds, 3 pts at 350 yds,  5 pts at 400 yds

bonus pts for rush/rec are same for 100/150/200 yds

can I win the whole thing with Winston and dak as my 2 qbs (im 6-1)

qb dak

qb winston

wr tyrek hill

wr ty hilton

wr tate

rb barkley

rb cmc

te kelce

flex gordon

bench- edelmen, eckler, alf Morris, barber, ro jones

Edited by colepenhagen

For now I think I'd hold off. Given your format Rodgers probably is the best player in the deal. However, the reason why I'd pass for now is that I'm not 100% confident in the health of the 34 year old GB QB (he's been wearing a knee brace the past few games, though apparently he wasn't wearing one at practice), and I'm not totally convinced that Dak won't be better than the QB he's been so far this season. I'd want to see what kind of impact Amari joining to group has on the offense. Just not sure yet whether the gap is going to be large enough to give up someone like Hill (who I'm sure is benefitting from your big play, big game bonuses).

Also just a heads up you'll probably get a bunch of comments saying to never give up a guy like Hill for a QB, but that's because people will probably still look at Rodgers like they would in their 1 QB, standard league. I honestly don't really know what value he actually has given these settings, but I'm thinking the value of the deal is probably close where we sit today. I just feel better about Dak + Hill than I do Rodgers + bench WR right now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

For now I think I'd hold off. Given your format Rodgers probably is the best player in the deal. However, the reason why I'd pass for now is that I'm not 100% confident in the health of the 34 year old GB QB (he's been wearing a knee brace the past few games, though apparently he wasn't wearing one at practice), and I'm not totally convinced that Dak won't be better than the QB he's been so far this season. I'd want to see what kind of impact Amari joining to group has on the offense. Just not sure yet whether the gap is going to be large enough to give up someone like Hill (who I'm sure is benefitting from your big play, big game bonuses).

Also just a heads up you'll probably get a bunch of comments saying to never give up a guy like Hill for a QB, but that's because people will probably still look at Rodgers like they would in their 1 QB, standard league. I honestly don't really know what value he actually has given these settings, but I'm thinking the value of the deal is probably close where we sit today. I just feel better about Dak + Hill than I do Rodgers + bench WR right now.

yea mahome is #1 qb and he gets on avg weeks 35-40 pts last 2 games 45+pts

Rodgers last couple weeks 45pts

dak on good weeks is 25+pts (one weeks high of 35 pts)

hill on his 2 big weeks is at 42 and 48 pts couple 20 pt weeks and a couple 12-15 pt weeks

so the numbers suggest I should do it but I agree its not ideal to put on my eggs in one basket on Rodgers incase he gets inj.

what about if it was for mahomes or brees?

Edited by colepenhagen

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

yea mahome is #1 qb and he gets on avg weeks 35-40 pts last 2 games 45+pts

Rodgers last couple weeks 45pts

dak on good weeks is 25+pts (one weeks high of 35 pts)

hill on his 2 big weeks is at 42 and 48 pts couple 20 pt weeks and a couple 12-15 pt weeks

so the numbers suggest I should do it but I agree its not ideal to put on my eggs in one basket on Rodgers incase he gets inj.

what about if it was for mahomes or brees?

I'd do it for Mahomes. He's the real deal, and he has the tools around him to produce. So far he's hit at least 300 passing yards in every game except his NFL debut, averaged over 3 TDs a game, uses guys like Hunt and Kelce for short plays and has the long ball threat in Hill. His setup is just suited very well for your league format.
Brees I'd probably consider as well. Similar situation to Mahomes in the sense he has the tools around him to produce. My concerns would be that he doesn't run with the ball a whole lot and the return of Ingram could result in more conventional run plays. But he's probably a little bit better at managing the ball and limiting turnovers.

So I think I'd do it for Mahomes now, and wait a 2 or 3 weeks and reassess on Brees and Rodgers. Matchups in the next 3 weeks are:

NO = MIN, LAR, CIN
GB = LAR, NE, MIA

KC = DEN, CLE, ARI
DAL = Bye, TEN, PHI

So not really the best matchups right away for Rodgers and Brees, and the third week could be a big week for Hill if Pat Peterson is traded. Would give a couple weeks to look at the DAL offense with Gallup looking to be more involved and Amari added to the group. 

• Like 1