Crazycanto

Josh Okogie 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I'll pile on: If you're in a league where you can add right now and get tonight's game, cool.  But in the yahoo default, you add today for tomorrow; his next game is Friday and in a week like this one, the way the schedule is, you're de facto losing a game if you add him as a streamer today when you could get someone that plays tomorrow.  Which isn't a big deal, but when they say Jimmy might play Friday...don't drop someone awesome, anyway.

JonKrawczynski
The situation, as it has through this saga, remains fluid. The Wolves do not play again after tonight until Friday. Possibility remains that Butler could return for that game if he’s not traded by then.

dont drop anyone with value, smh. 
Edited by chud12

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:
JonKrawczynski
The situation, as it has through this saga, remains fluid. The Wolves do not play again after tonight until Friday. Possibility remains that Butler could return for that game if he’s not traded by then.

dont drop anyone with value, smh. 

sounds like it's possible that a rumor started that butler could be sitting to force a trade when he may actually be sitting due to actual general soreness

Just now, panthers93 said:

sounds like it's possible that a rumor started that butler could be sitting to force a trade when he may actually be sitting due to actual general soreness

I think he’s def sitting to force a trade but it sounds like he has zero idea what he’s goinh beyond tonight’s game. 

48 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lmao I also literally just dropped Fultz for him. He's been the better player by far even with limited opportunity. OK GO!

No brainer

I just dropped Evan Turner for him (had Evan for the quality week and not for long term); I think it is a no brainer this situation could drag out and only way JO loses value is if they actually make a trade for a SG/SF in exchange. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

He's Starting Tonight Despite Wiggins Return, Jimmy Butler Out! #FireYourOkogies! 

I’d rather fire my okobos 

• Like 1

Don't sleep on this kid...

If Butler leaves, which is verrrrry likely...this kid could be looking at major minutes...

While his offensive game leaves a little bit to be desired in terms of his jumpers, he's excellent at attacking the basket. Especially on breakaways..

36 Minutes in his last game, plays hard and plays D, this guy is going to ball if Butler is traded.

And we all know how Thibs loves to play his guys BIG minutes...I could easily see Okogie getting 32 MPG easy when starting, and would likely have a number of 34-36 min games like the one he had tonight..

He's not going to wow anyone, but if/when Butler gets traded, I think he's the guy who moves into the starting lineup.

And if he does and gets 30+ minutes a game, i think we'll see averages like these below: (bold being important)

41.0 FG% / 77.0 FT% / 1.2 3PM / 10.0 PPG / 4.2 REB / 1.9 APG / 1.8 SPG / 0.9 BLK / 1.5 T/O

Could easily turn into a Top-75/85 player based upon the last 3 categories alone.

25 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Don't sleep on this kid...

If Butler leaves, which is verrrrry likely...this kid could be looking at major minutes...

While his offensive game leaves a little bit to be desired in terms of his jumpers, he's excellent at attacking the basket. Especially on breakaways..

36 Minutes in his last game, plays hard and plays D, this guy is going to ball if Butler is traded.

And we all know how Thibs loves to play his guys BIG minutes...I could easily see Okogie getting 32 MPG easy when starting, and would likely have a number of 34-36 min games like the one he had tonight..

He's not going to wow anyone, but if/when Butler gets traded, I think he's the guy who moves into the starting lineup.

And if he does and gets 30+ minutes a game, i think we'll see averages like these below: (bold being important)

41.0 FG% / 77.0 FT% / 1.2 3PM / 10.0 PPG / 4.2 REB / 1.9 APG / 1.8 SPG / 0.9 BLK / 1.5 T/O

Could easily turn into a Top-75/85 player based upon the last 3 categories alone.

Still depends on who they get back in a trade. Will be break out? Maybe a little? But if Gordon or Richardson or someone like that comes back he is only deep league material again...and now D-Rose is busting out...potential? Sure, but keep the expectations in check until the dust settles...and its still really windy in Minny right now

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Still depends on who they get back in a trade. Will be break out? Maybe a little? But if Gordon or Richardson or someone like that comes back he is only deep league material again...and now D-Rose is busting out...potential? Sure, but keep the expectations in check until the dust settles...and its still really windy in Minny right now

The heat are not going to trade Richardson+ for butler, would be ridiculously stupid. I think it will be picks and a much lesser piece, hopefully someone who doesn’t play the 2 or 3 for Okogie’s sake.

Just as i tuned in a while ago, Okogie dunked on someone. I think it was Nurkic. Kid can fly.

Edited by seeL

Streaming him for next week. Hopefully he keeps trending up as he's been shooting more recently.

Edited by m1dday
changed a word

Anyone using him as a streamer...? Strong couple of games, hope he's able to keep it going...