rob0403

Monte Morris 2018 to 2019 Outlook

I'm looking at the boxscore and this guy is playing big minutes in Non-garbage time. Doing very well. Is he the next Vanfleet or even better?

4 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I'm looking at the boxscore and this guy is playing big minutes in Non-garbage time. Doing very well. Is he the next Vanfleet or even better?

lol no. he's jag. Murray is having a big night too, lakers just can't defend guards. once Barton and IT are back he won't play at all, but he's not ownable now. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

FVV is one of the 100 best players in the league, Monte Morris is definitely not on that level.

dropped john henson for him

will barton's going to be out for a month and who knows when IT will come back

Morris has been getting 20+ minutes the past 2 games and he blew up in the summer league.

I'm in

• Like 1

Well Murray was always a combo guard. Monte seems to be a real pg.

Barton seems to be out for a while. IT almost the same time if not longer.

Plenty of time to solidify his minutes.

Bloody hell start the hype train. I got him and Murray!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

This guy have more upside than Cam Payne while Dunn is out?

imo, Payne has more upside with Bulls' current injury list and Nuggets' lineup. But Morris has a lot of potential though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PAX said:

imo, Payne has more upside with Bulls' current injury list and Nuggets' lineup. But Morris has a lot of potential though

Agree 10000 %

19 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

This guy have more upside than Cam Payne while Dunn is out?

I would say Cam Payne is a safer bet. It's only a consideration because Payne has been a disappointment since leaving OKC. 

Malone likes him. He will play some with Murray playing the 2...

“Monte is a pure point guard, and Jamal Murray, go back to when he was at Kentucky, he was really effective as a catch-and-shoot player,” Malone said. “Monte’s just shown he’s a floor leader. He makes the right decision, he’s trustworthy, he’s shooting the ball well, 50 percent from the 3-point line. Those two guys together I think could be a pretty good tandem.” idk if that would push Gary Harris to the 3 but I think he's undersized as a 3.

12 minutes ago, 2pac said:

Malone likes him. He will play some with Murray playing the 2...

“Monte is a pure point guard, and Jamal Murray, go back to when he was at Kentucky, he was really effective as a catch-and-shoot player,” Malone said. “Monte’s just shown he’s a floor leader. He makes the right decision, he’s trustworthy, he’s shooting the ball well, 50 percent from the 3-point line. Those two guys together I think could be a pretty good tandem.” idk if that would push Gary Harris to the 3 but I think he's undersized as a 3.

they could run small ball with a 3 guard lineup too

I think he'll be better off not starting since Jokic gets all the assists with the starters and he just takes a back seat

I'm here and owning... You'll never know. He might be the next Will Barton.

• Like 1

This guy is pretty solid - avging 13/4/3 on 48% last 2 wks with 2 triples and 1.4 stls. worth a roster spot in 10 team leagues? he's a nice end of the bench, 3rd PG that doesn't hurt you anywhere

5 hours ago, fabrar said:

This guy is pretty solid - avging 13/4/3 on 48% last 2 wks with 2 triples and 1.4 stls. worth a roster spot in 10 team leagues? he's a nice end of the bench, 3rd PG that doesn't hurt you anywhere

Definitely worth owning while Harris, Barton and IT are out and could very well hold value the rest of the year. Probably borderline in a 10 team league but I would say he is a must own in 12 team and must-start in 14+ while he is getting these minutes.

Keeps putting out one strong game after another. Any reason why IT should replace him as the primary backup PG? This guy looks to be better in almost every way than the IT we saw last year - efficient, composed and doesn't make mistakes. 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Keeps putting out one strong game after another. Any reason why IT should replace him as the primary backup PG? This guy looks to be better in almost every way than the IT we saw last year - efficient, composed and doesn't make mistakes. 

The Nuggets guards spots are pretty interchangeable, I could absolutely see both Morris and IT running dribble handoffs with Jokic/Plumlee