rob0403

Monte Morris 2018 to 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Not to speak for  @Gile Pile but I think the larger point is in fantasy no one has a crystal ball and is able to 100% predict what will happen with Monte's role and minutes.  On paper yeah it looks bleak but it seems like breakouts happen every season where a situation looks crowded but the cream finds a way to rise to the top.  The biggest mistakes I've made in fantasy are prematurely giving up on talent when a situation looks bleak on paper.  Year after year people miss out on sleepers based on this reasoning.  The Siakam comparison is valid, because although many could see a breakout coming (myself included), the naysayers were looking at Kawhi/OG/Ibaka/Jonas and saying "too many mouths to feed" and "crowded situation" despite the empirical data suggesting Siakam would be a factor. 

One cannot always predict with certainty what will happen, to assume you know with 100% certainty is short-sighted and bordering on stupidity IMO.  In Monte's case it's not a stretch to visualize guys like Lyles and Hernangomez as the guys who will be losing minutes and not Monte.  Potentially Denver could play small-ball lineups with Morris playing alongside Murray and Barton.  Again this are all scenarios and no one knows what will happen maybe not even the Denver coaching staff.

That's fair but no one here is predicting with 100% certainty what is going to happen, but it's easy to see the writing on the wall over wishful thinking.

The players you mentioned sans Kawhi are not ball handlers or playmakers. Siakam is able to flourish because he doesn't really need the ball in his hands but can make plays for others at the PF positon when necessary. It isn't a matter of too many mouths to feed in Toronto when none of those guys really create their own looks or for others. Have you ever seen any of those guys bring up the ball like Siakam? It's basically Lowry, kawhi, FVV and a sprinkle of siakam doing this which is what allowed him to flourish, among other things. 

Compare that to the Denver situation. Murray, Barton, Harris are all playmakers and handle the ball a significant amount. And jokic. And millsap.

In your imaginery small ball lineup you forgot to mention Harris. So this small ball line up of yours will consist of Morris/Murray/Harris/Barton/Jokic? Where's Millsap? 

That doesn't sound realistic at all and again is wishful thinking. Harris and Morris are both undersized guards, Murray is still bad on defense, and Bartons effort isn't always there on the defensive end. They would get absolutely destroyed trotting out this imaginery lineup. 

I'm not hating on Morris, he's earned his right to stay in the rotation with his amazing play this year and is a good reason why the nuggets bench is so solid this year. But I'm pretty confident in saying there is a higher chance of him losing some minutes and his current value isn't sustainable once the nuggets are healthy. 

Edited by taenggg

3 minutes ago, taenggg said:

That's fair but no one here is predicting with 100% what is going to happen, but it's easy to see the writing on the wall over wishful thinking.

The players you mentioned sans Kawhi are not ball handlers or playmakers. Siakam is able to flourish because he doesn't really need the ball in his hands but can make plays for others at the PF positon when necessary. It isn't a matter of too many mouths to feed in Toronto when none of those guys really create their own looks or for others. Have you ever seen any of those guys bring up the ball like Siakam? It's basically Lowry, kawhi, FVV and a sprinkle of siakam doing this which is what allowed him to flourish, among other things. 

Compare that to the Denver situation. Murray, Barton, Harris are all playmakers and handle the ball a significant amount. And jokic. And millsap.

In your imaginery small ball lineup you forgot to mention Harris. So this small ball line up of yours will consist of Morris/Murray/Harris/Barton/Jokic? Where's Millsap? 

That doesn't sound realistic at all and again is wishful thinking. Harris and Morris are both undersized guards, Murray is still bad on defense, and Bartons effort isn't always there on the defensive end. They would get absolutely destroyed trotting out this imaginery lineup. 

I'm not hating on Morris, he's earned his right to stay in the rotation with his amazing play this year and is a good reason why the nuggets bench is so solid this year. But I'm pretty confident in saying there is a higher chance of him losing some minutes and his current value isn't sustainable once the nuggets are healthy. 

You are setting up a straw man with this.  Never did I say a small ball lineup would be their primary lineup or they would play 4 guards at a time. Also I don't really need wishful thinking as I have no shares of monte in $ leagues.  But the condescending tone of your posts suggests you think you know with certainty what will happen....but you don't.  No one does.

And I never said their small ball line up would be their primary line up as well. You brought it up and forgot to mention Harris which is pretty important if your implying that's one of the ways Morris is going to get extra minutes. 

Yeah I'm condescending but let's gloss over the fact you brought up stupidity and automatically assumed what I was saying is with 100% certainty. 

Wishful thinking is in response to believing Morris is in the same situation as Siakam with a similar opportunity, not whether he's on your fantasy squad. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, meteorya said:

Gary Harris back. Drop Morris?

That’s what I’m wondering. Gary’s back but coming off the bench + Barton not far from returning. This may be all she wrote for Monte. I’m prob dropping for Graham or Waiters

Honeymoon is over. Harris back, Barton nearing a return and Beasley playing out of his mind. 

I know Beasley has overshadowed him a bit but Monte has been killing it this week too. Worth a pickup imho if you’re in need right now at least until Harris and Murray get back

2 hours ago, MrJuiceBar said:

Anyone see why he played so little tonight?

1 hour ago, drummerboy7816 said:

Anyone?

Reality is setting in.  He definitely deserves a major role somewhere, but that's not never going to happen in Denver unless multiple starters are hurt at the same time like Murray and Harris were.  Barton hardly played in their last game, but got big minutes tonight, which left Morris with scraps.  It's only going to get worse whenever Harris returns.  Even before then, tonight proved that his playing time is going to be inconsistent at best with Murray back, even though he obviously deserves better.

Posted (edited)

Second good game in a row and Garris is struggling. What do you guys think, worth the add? Or nothing doing?

Edited by claptondecheeks

I picked him up again with it2 falling out of the rotation and his minutes back in the mid/high 20s the past 2 games.  I dropped Moe Wagner, so not a difficult decision to make there.

• Like 1

Dropped LaVine for him after it looked like LaVine might not come back the rest of the season.  I have him and Do... Let's go backup PGs!

Didn’t have the best counting stats but he played good minutes(31 min). Malone went with Morris Murray Harris backcourt to end the game. Are we expecting more minutes going forward?