gymchamp

Maxi Kleber 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, adam_magic said:

I watch zero Mavs ball so forgive me but what's the correlation to them trading a PG meaning a big increase in minutes for a PF?

I think the train of thought is that everyone moves down a position, Luka to PG, Barnes to SF, and more minutes open up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maxi and Brunson would benefit the most but it weighs heavily upon who returns...the teams most interested would look to unload wings and that would depreciate Kleber then Brunson would be biggest winner...we'll see...may not even happen..Suns seem to already have backed out...:ph34r:

With the news that DSJ wants out of Dallas, does this make Maxi instant pick up / hold until this thing shakes out? Or do ya'll think starting minutes go to Brunson instead?

I pick him 2 days ago and keep him until further news. he's a good stash because you can use him while stashing all the time dsj is not playing.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, adam_magic said:

I watch zero Mavs ball so forgive me but what's the correlation to them trading a PG meaning a big increase in minutes for a PF?

Barnes shifts to SF (was playing PF) and Kleber in at PF. 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:46 PM, yung_fetty said:

With the news that DSJ wants out of Dallas, does this make Maxi instant pick up / hold until this thing shakes out? Or do ya'll think starting minutes go to Brunson instead?

Yeah, with today's news that DSJ was a non-excused no-show at practice, I think this situation just switched over to Maxi being must add.

Until today, I thought they would paper over the DSJ issue and keep him active until they work out a traded. Now, I think it's clear: DSJ is done in Dallas

They already have a steady rotation, with Maxi the starting PF and playing a rising amount of minutes. As a starter, he is #88 ranked in 8-cat, with 2 blks and great percentages. He played 28 minutes at PF last game. 

3 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Yeah, with today's news that DSJ was a non-excused no-show at practice, I think this situation just switched over to Maxi being must add.

Until today, I thought they would paper over the DSJ issue and keep him active until they work out a traded. Now, I think it's clear: DSJ is done in Dallas

They already have a steady rotation, with Maxi the starting PF and playing a rising amount of minutes. As a starter, he is #88 ranked in 8-cat, with 2 blks and great percentages. He played 28 minutes at PF last game. 

I've been holding Kleber in a couple dailies even through this horrible week (schedule wise, not his game play). But it's DSJ is traded, something decent is coming back in return and has a good chance of affecting Kleber. 

For Kleber owners, the best case is DSJ isn't traded, but still doesn't play. 

• Like 1

So to add some slightly cherry-picked stats, Maxi has been the clear starter for only the last 4 games. In those 4 games, Maxi is #40 in 8-cat.

My point is, we may have a lottery ticket hiding right in front of us, in plain sight.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, yung_fetty said:

Nah. In a deep league yeah. He's 6'11 and not really mobile. Against teams that play small, he's at a disadvantage. Good player though, just not fantasy friendly at the moment. Gotta drop him. 

• Like 1

You don't have to run for Kleber, but I sure would walk if you got guys like T. Bryant on your roster. Kleber offers treys and stocks with a decent FG%. A speculative add with enough opportunity now.

• Like 1

I thought submit a post for Mr. Klebler, who seems to be overshadowed by Powell in popularity (and perhaps for good reason).  Either way, seems like he's a big winner after this trade too.

Per 36 min averages of 11.8/7.4/1.3/1.0/2.4 on 45% shooting.  Seems like all those numbers will only get better (maybe minus fg %) since he's bound to get a substantial amount of increased playing time (28 mins tonight compared to 19 on the season.  My thoughts anyway, for what dey wurf!

Edited by Nica4two
Kleber*
  • Haha 1

Could it be...

Lord Covington reincarnated?

I kid I kid

But nice line so far at the half

11 minutes ago, curly said:

Could it be...

Lord Covington reincarnated?

I kid I kid

But nice line so far at the half

Very likely for ROS. Somebody needs to play PF/C and Kleber produces when given minutes. I think he is a hold for ROS

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Very likely for ROS. Somebody needs to play PF/C and Kleber produces when given minutes. I think he is a hold for ROS

May be hard for Kleber to get shots when THJ, Burke, Lee join the team, should be okay for some rebounds and stocks tho

Edited by DezedandConfused

24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

May be hard for Kleber to get shots when THJ, Burke, Lee join the team, should be okay for some rebounds and stocks tho

1/1/1   with some rebounds?  Where do I sign?

Any chance he can gain C eligibility in Yahoo in the next month or so?

2 hours ago, CFN said:

Any chance he can gain C eligibility in Yahoo in the next month or so?

Have him but haven’t watched the games. Is he playing meaningful minutes at C?

59 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Have him but haven’t watched the games. Is he playing meaningful minutes at C?

I think he started at C last night.

this guy totally swung the week in my favor

surprised rotoworld hasn't been talking about him some more

With Porzingis officially out for the year per today's conference, people should give Kleber a long look. Powell is apparently available and if he goes Kleber will get all the minutes he can handle.