gymchamp

Maxi Kleber 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, adam_magic said:

I watch zero Mavs ball so forgive me but what's the correlation to them trading a PG meaning a big increase in minutes for a PF?

 

I think the train of thought is that everyone moves down a position, Luka to PG, Barnes to SF, and more minutes open up

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maxi and Brunson would benefit the most but it weighs heavily upon who returns...the teams most interested would look to unload wings and that would depreciate Kleber then Brunson would be biggest winner...we'll see...may not even happen..Suns seem to already have backed out...:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the news that DSJ wants out of Dallas, does this make Maxi instant pick up / hold until this thing shakes out? Or do ya'll think starting minutes go to Brunson instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pick him 2 days ago and keep him until further news. he's a good stash because you can use him while stashing all the time dsj is not playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, adam_magic said:

I watch zero Mavs ball so forgive me but what's the correlation to them trading a PG meaning a big increase in minutes for a PF?

 

Barnes shifts to SF (was playing PF) and Kleber in at PF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 2:46 PM, yung_fetty said:

With the news that DSJ wants out of Dallas, does this make Maxi instant pick up / hold until this thing shakes out? Or do ya'll think starting minutes go to Brunson instead?

 

Yeah, with today's news that DSJ was a non-excused no-show at practice, I think this situation just switched over to Maxi being must add.

 

Until today, I thought they would paper over the DSJ issue and keep him active until they work out a traded. Now, I think it's clear: DSJ is done in Dallas

 

They already have a steady rotation, with Maxi the starting PF and playing a rising amount of minutes. As a starter, he is #88 ranked in 8-cat, with 2 blks and great percentages. He played 28 minutes at PF last game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

 

Yeah, with today's news that DSJ was a non-excused no-show at practice, I think this situation just switched over to Maxi being must add.

 

Until today, I thought they would paper over the DSJ issue and keep him active until they work out a traded. Now, I think it's clear: DSJ is done in Dallas

 

They already have a steady rotation, with Maxi the starting PF and playing a rising amount of minutes. As a starter, he is #88 ranked in 8-cat, with 2 blks and great percentages. He played 28 minutes at PF last game. 

I've been holding Kleber in a couple dailies even through this horrible week (schedule wise, not his game play). But it's DSJ is traded, something decent is coming back in return and has a good chance of affecting Kleber. 

 

For Kleber owners, the best case is DSJ isn't traded, but still doesn't play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to add some slightly cherry-picked stats, Maxi has been the clear starter for only the last 4 games. In those 4 games, Maxi is #40 in 8-cat.

 

My point is, we may have a lottery ticket hiding right in front of us, in plain sight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, yung_fetty said:

With the news that DSJ wants out of Dallas, does this make Maxi instant pick up / hold until this thing shakes out? Or do ya'll think starting minutes go to Brunson instead?

Nah. In a deep league yeah. He's 6'11 and not really mobile. Against teams that play small, he's at a disadvantage. Good player though, just not fantasy friendly at the moment. Gotta drop him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to run for Kleber, but I sure would walk if you got guys like T. Bryant on your roster. Kleber offers treys and stocks with a decent FG%. A speculative add with enough opportunity now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought submit a post for Mr. Klebler, who seems to be overshadowed by Powell in popularity (and perhaps for good reason).  Either way, seems like he's a big winner after this trade too.

 

Per 36 min averages of 11.8/7.4/1.3/1.0/2.4 on 45% shooting.  Seems like all those numbers will only get better (maybe minus fg %) since he's bound to get a substantial amount of increased playing time (28 mins tonight compared to 19 on the season.  My thoughts anyway, for what dey wurf!

Edited by Nica4two
Kleber*
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be...

Lord Covington reincarnated?

 

I kid I kid

 

But nice line so far at the half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, curly said:

Could it be...

Lord Covington reincarnated?

 

I kid I kid

 

But nice line so far at the half

Very likely for ROS. Somebody needs to play PF/C and Kleber produces when given minutes. I think he is a hold for ROS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Very likely for ROS. Somebody needs to play PF/C and Kleber produces when given minutes. I think he is a hold for ROS

May be hard for Kleber to get shots when THJ, Burke, Lee join the team, should be okay for some rebounds and stocks tho

Edited by DezedandConfused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

May be hard for Kleber to get shots when THJ, Burke, Lee join the team, should be okay for some rebounds and stocks tho

1/1/1   with some rebounds?  Where do I sign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance he can gain C eligibility in Yahoo in the next month or so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CFN said:

Any chance he can gain C eligibility in Yahoo in the next month or so?

 

Have him but haven’t watched the games. Is he playing meaningful minutes at C?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

Have him but haven’t watched the games. Is he playing meaningful minutes at C?

 

I think he started at C last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this guy totally swung the week in my favor

surprised rotoworld hasn't been talking about him some more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Porzingis officially out for the year per today's conference, people should give Kleber a long look. Powell is apparently available and if he goes Kleber will get all the minutes he can handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...