gymchamp

Maxi Kleber 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

Who's the winner post-trade deadline? Him or Powell? 

I think both will have top 100 value. Split minutes @ C, but Maxi slides to the 4 for a couple minutes a game and plays with Powell. Now that Barnes is gone, I assume even more minutes @ the 4 for Maxi?

Both Powell and Kleber are winners mos def.  But I still think Kleber is on top.  He's highly lauded in the Mavs community (from my observation) and his pre-36 numbers are pretty awesome.  Assuming he gets more minutes, he will also up his point total, and I think he could be top 75.  If I wasn't so damn curious as to how the Jabari-Portis situation will pan out, I would have dropped one of them for Kleber by now.

What do we think of his performance since their big trade? 

Seems like he is definitely gonna get the minutes but no big lines so far. A guy with block and 3 pt potential is always valuable however.

7 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Seems like he is definitely gonna get the minutes but no big lines so far. A guy with block and 3 pt potential is always valuable however.

I think you roster him mainly for the blocks, 3s from the big position, and occasional steals. Won't score much but definitely does not hurt you in efficiency (low FG% but on low volume)

43 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

I added both him and Powell to kinda hedge the bet. The production is real similar, both 1-1-1 potential guys. Neither one jumps out in a box score yet. Seems like they might be better roto guys than H2H. Maxi has slightly better stats with slightly less efficiency. 

I had Kleber last week and dropped him after a couple duds, and another GM in my league took him as a flier for blocks the day before the Mavs trade and has him now. I would prefer him over Powell, who I have now, but it is close. Powell's last two games have been awesome. Double-double in the last one and three 3PM tonight. But we've seen what Kleber can do in limited opportunities and he's one of the rare guys who can simultaneously hit 3s and collect blocks. He's must-own and he gets a bigger chunk of minutes than Powell but I can't say I value him at a premium over Powell, at least not right now.

As much as the statline is disappointing, one thing I will say from watching the game is the Mavs trust him to be a rim protector. He easily could have been credited with 1 or 2 blcoks of Lillard in crunch time of that game.

1 hour ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

ughh injured his wrist on a bad landing after a dunk, looks like he will miss some time

MRI came back clean. 

It's his non shooting wrist, I hope we see him play Wednesday.