Sign in to follow this  
Sternes

10.28.18 Jaguars vs Eagles Gameday Thread London Edition

12 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Man I could only imagine Bell on the eagles.... DAMN

Yeah, it'd be beautiful... blow up their cap so that Pederson could run him out there on 40% of the snaps in a committee with Clement, Smallwood, Adams and Sproles.... Fantasy gold, my friend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't know why the NFL insists on trying to make football a thing in London.  These games always seem to be dumpster fire.

If I lived in London, I'd want another team than the Jags to adopt as my "home" team.

yeah the jet lag is a huge consideration for this. You even see it when teams travel from one coast to another let alone across an entire ocean. Unless teams had a bye and were in London over a week then the London team would win almost every game at home and lose almost every game in the US. Plus yeah no one wants the Jags as a home team especially if you're new to football

Edited by spidybl

LOL these announcers.  "Bortles, you dumb dumb trying to do too much!"  "Wentz, that was pretty good extra effort there to make something out of nothing!"

• Like 1

Haven't read through this thread, but...

...has anyone mentioned that Corey Clement doesn't appear to be "a thing"?

As the kid Adams rips off a big run.

1 minute ago, Spina said:

He's on my bench... He'd be on the wire if I could have found a single person I wanted to take a flier on. It sounded like they were going to give someone the opportunity to take the heavier role in the backfield (like 60% in Philly, but still), and that's obviously not going to happen. No one is going to be worth anything in this RBBC besides maybe Sproles with his homerun ability, but I don't even trust that anymore with his age and injury history. Complete bail from me. 

• Like 1

These games are just an event for the people in the UK. The true allegiance in London is one of the London Premier League teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spina said:

yeah he was decently drafted as a handcuff and even a flex due to goaline work and now he is barely seeing the field. Thought it was health related at first but guess he just is not as good as the other two guys. smallwood just had a nice td and adams runs well.

• Like 1

The reason the jags are always over there is their owner also owns a Premier League team and he was also interested in buying Wembley previously but has recently backed out

Edited by vthokie3

1 minute ago, Josh GODon said:

How am I playing against Dede Westbrook in 2 different leagues?  How is he even owned in two different leagues?

Seriously...wtf?

This is FF for you. I had no idea who I was playing against in my big $$$ league, so I open the app and see I'm playing against Westbrook and Jaguars DST. Westbrook has 0 points....and what happens? Next play he gets the TD....gtfo....

Pretty sure only 5 targets for Ertz today and Wentz has not even looked at him much, not sure whats going on there. 

23 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

How am I playing against Dede Westbrook in 2 different leagues?  How is he even owned in two different leagues?

Best comment. Some times you really can't make this stuff up.