Elie Okobo 2018-19 Season Outlook

anything worth seeing here? also a lefty so he can probably play pretty well

• Haha 1

Can't trust any suns player not named booker and ayton

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kane said:

Can't trust any suns player not named booker and ayton

phoenix bums...i mean suns, my bad

Isaiah Canaan said that he expects to be ready for the Suns’ Wednesday game after experiencing a slight tweak of his ankle.

Canaan said that he sat out for precautionary reasons, reading between the lines means that the Suns aren’t playing for much this season. Feel free to keep Canaan active for next week if he’s part of your regular starters.

Hope you guys didn't jump the gun.

Possibly for 14 teams and above... but with Suns you never know. Booker is day to day. Once he's back, pretty much the usage rate belongs to Booker and Ayton.

Just now, andriask said:

Possibly for 14 teams and above... but with Suns you never know. Booker is day to day. Once he's back, pretty much the usage rate belongs to Booker and Ayton.

The Suns NEED a point guard.  Booker is a travesty and coughs up more balls than Madonna back in her heyday.

Booker needs someone to facilitate the offense - he simply can't do it efficiently, nor effectively.

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Isaiah Canaan said that he expects to be ready for the Suns’ Wednesday game after experiencing a slight tweak of his ankle.

Canaan said that he sat out for precautionary reasons, reading between the lines means that the Suns aren’t playing for much this season. Feel free to keep Canaan active for next week if he’s part of your regular starters.

Hope you guys didn't jump the gun.

Id say that too If I just watched okobo show out like that

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gorgeous George said:

The Suns NEED a point guard.  Booker is a travesty and coughs up more balls than Madonna back in her heyday.

Booker needs someone to facilitate the offense - he simply can't do it efficiently, nor effectively.

Tell that to the coach. The last lineup they ran was Booker at PG. Canaan at SG. Ariza at SF. Ryno at PF. Ayton at C.

SG and PF spots pretty much swap between Warren, Jackson, Crawford, Bridge and Okobo.

2 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

Yes that's true, but can anyone trust the Suns to make the right decision to start Okobo over Canaan? 

1 minute ago, andriask said:

Tell that to the coach. The last lineup they ran was Booker at PG. Canaan at SG. Ariza at SF. Ryno at PF. Ayton at C.

SG and PF spots pretty much swap between Warren, Jackson, Crawford, Bridge and Okobo.

That is more an indictment as to how badly Canaan sucks at basketball than it is the coach.

I dropped Willy in my 16-team league for this guy, can't be any worse. Let's hope the Suns don't mess this up.

Could lead to nothing but I want him on my roster until we find out.  Obviously Canaan is not the answer so it would make sense to find out if okobo is. 

Whether or not the suns feel the same way Is a different story 

30 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Could lead to nothing but I want him on my roster until we find out.  Obviously Canaan is not the answer so it would make sense to find out if okobo is. 

Whether or not the suns feel the same way Is a different story 

you should think Booker as well. He is the prime ball handler in PHO

3 minutes ago, Markillies said:

you should think Booker as well. He is the prime ball handler in PHO

I get that but it doesn't sound like Phoenix necessarily wants Booker handling the ball if they are (were) talking about trading for a veteran PG.  I understand Okobo's stat's came when Booker wasn't playing, but I still think Okobo could end up with the starting PG job and I'd like to be holding him if he does.  

Elie Okobo - G -  Suns

Suns head coach Igor Kokoskov was impressed by Elie Okobo's performance on Sunday.

After starting point guard Isaiah Canaan left early with a sprained left ankle in the first quarter, Okobo stepped in and stepped up. He logged a career-high 31 minutes and tallied 18 points, five rebounds, seven assists, three 3-pointers and just three turnovers. "He played with confidence, he played with a presence. He played like, ‘I belong here,’" said Kokosov. Canaan said his ankle is "fine," but Okobo is a big part of the Suns future while Canaan is not. Okobo's fantasy stock is on the rise.

Maybe time to add im??

On 10/30/2018 at 7:48 AM, 23_gaby_23 said:
Elie Okobo - G -  Suns

Suns head coach Igor Kokoskov was impressed by Elie Okobo's performance on Sunday.

After starting point guard Isaiah Canaan left early with a sprained left ankle in the first quarter, Okobo stepped in and stepped up. He logged a career-high 31 minutes and tallied 18 points, five rebounds, seven assists, three 3-pointers and just three turnovers. "He played with confidence, he played with a presence. He played like, ‘I belong here,’" said Kokosov. Canaan said his ankle is "fine," but Okobo is a big part of the Suns future while Canaan is not. Okobo's fantasy stock is on the rise.

Maybe time to add im??

I dropped Dotson for this guy. I want to see how he does against the Spurs tonight and if he gets good minutes with Canaan ready to play again.

58 minutes ago, timro said:

I dropped Dotson for this guy. I want to see how he does against the Spurs tonight and if he gets good minutes with Canaan ready to play again.

indeed this is a good eval game for okobo if canaan plays as well