Sign in to follow this  
L3onD

Elie Okobo 2018-19 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

What are you guys thinking? Might flip Bridges for him

 

I made the switch. I am one of Mikal’s biggest supporters, just doesn’t look quite ready yet.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Any chance theyre just showcasing him for a trade?

Who's trading for a rookie PG? Especially when the Suns are actually one of the only teams in the league that actually still need a starting-calibre PG. Elie might just stay in the starting lineup. Maybe they'll run Elie/Book/Bridges/Warren/Ayton - would be fun.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Who's trading for a rookie PG? Especially when the Suns are actually one of the only teams in the league that actually still need a starting-calibre PG. Elie might just stay in the starting lineup. Maybe they'll run Elie/Book/Bridges/Warren/Ayton - would be fun.

 

Pretty sure that’s the regular lineup we will see at the very latest post ASB, maybe sooner. Love that the front office cut Caanan just so Igor wouldn’t play him anymore haha. I think they’ll eventually get rid of Ariza via trade or other route soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those think he will have solid value ROS.

 

Trading away Ariza could bring back a PG. I read something as player were signed during off season wont be eligible to be traded till 12/15. So nothing is going to happen before that. (Fullz rumor just pops up and nothing is for sure)

 

It feels like Suns should give him as much opportunity to play before 12/15 and see what he is really capable of. He's a solid add in my book right now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Suns have reportedly expressed interest in acquiring Markelle Fultz.

Fultz reportedly wants out of Philly, but him opting to see a shoulder and wrist specialist this week was a bit of a self-inflicted wound on his own trade value. Teams will wait for those results before committing to sacrificing assets for him, but even if nothing comes up, that would confirm that he's dealing with a serious mental block. That said, Phoenix is a team that could take a chance on a guy like Fultz, and they could probably get a deal done by involving Trevor Ariza. To
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cucubing said:

For those think he will have solid value ROS.

 

Trading away Ariza could bring back a PG. I read something as player were signed during off season wont be eligible to be traded till 12/15. So nothing is going to happen before that. (Fullz rumor just pops up and nothing is for sure)

 

It feels like Suns should give him as much opportunity to play before 12/15 and see what he is really capable of. He's a solid add in my book right now.

 

 

An Ariza for Fultz trade might make sense. Philly is a team that needs shooting, which is something Ariza can provide, as well as defense and some veteran leadership. For Fultz, a change of scenery and being removed from the pressure of being a #1 pick on a contending team could be what he needs to get over his mental block. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, q6174 said:

 

Cool. I bought bread today, if it tastes bad I'll buy another kind next time.

Thanks for the BS 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if okobo breaks out, people rave that him going pick 31 was the biggest sleeper of the draft. Surely this will nullify a Fultz trade, Fultz probably couldn't maintain the starting position on the suns either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

What if okobo breaks out, people rave that him going pick 31 was the biggest sleeper of the draft. Surely this will nullify a Fultz trade, Fultz probably couldn't maintain the starting position on the suns either


It's pretty rare for rookies to break out to a large extent.  It's even rarer for them to do it when they're almost a second round pick and had to spend time in the G-League.  It's possible, but before this his competition was Isaiah Canaan.  If you can't beat out Isaiah Canaan for a starting job, your current value as a player in the NBA probably isn't too hot.  I think he's a long-term good prospect with how well he played in Europe, but a breakout this season is unlikely.  If you like his handles then pick him up and stream him.  All my players on a 12-team roster are better without question, so I'm not bothering.  He's not going to shoot 66% and get 3 steals a game.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

What if okobo breaks out, people rave that him going pick 31 was the biggest sleeper of the draft. Surely this will nullify a Fultz trade, Fultz probably couldn't maintain the starting position on the suns either

 

Kinda thinking along these lines too.  The Fultz camp seems a little bit crazy and dramatic, and we know he can't shoot, so the Suns might want to see what they have in Okobo and use Ariza to fetch someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kriggly said:


It's pretty rare for rookies to break out to a large extent.  It's even rarer for them to do it when they're almost a second round pick and had to spend time in the G-League.  It's possible, but before this his competition was Isaiah Canaan.  If you can't beat out Isaiah Canaan for a starting job, your current value as a player in the NBA probably isn't too hot.  I think he's a long-term good prospect with how well he played in Europe, but a breakout this season is unlikely.  If you like his handles then pick him up and stream him.  All my players on a 12-team roster are better without question, so I'm not bothering.  He's not going to shoot 66% and get 3 steals a game.    

This is the reason i play deep leagues....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, q6174 said:

 

Cool. I bought bread today, if it tastes bad I'll buy another kind next time.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Oh Dear God 😂 😂 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kriggly said:


It's pretty rare for rookies to break out to a large extent.  It's even rarer for them to do it when they're almost a second round pick and had to spend time in the G-League.  It's possible, but before this his competition was Isaiah Canaan.  If you can't beat out Isaiah Canaan for a starting job, your current value as a player in the NBA probably isn't too hot.  I think he's a long-term good prospect with how well he played in Europe, but a breakout this season is unlikely.  If you like his handles then pick him up and stream him.  All my players on a 12-team roster are better without question, so I'm not bothering.  He's not going to shoot 66% and get 3 steals a game.    

Didn’t they waive Cannan cause they believe Okobo beat him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

Didn’t they waive Cannan cause they believe Okobo beat him?


It's realistically because they're comfortable using Booker as a point guard and going with whomever for backup minutes.  They've been running with the Booker/Bridges backcourt since the 21st of Nov.  The abruptness of bringing Okobo out of G League and releasing Canaan doesn't really suggest a competition for the spot, just that they want to get rid of people who won't be apart of the their future.  They're obviously gunning for a top 3 pick.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, fantasm said:

Any chance theyre just showcasing him for a trade?

You have rocks in your head.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks to say but undersized guards in the league have no consistency. The exposure is real and they get posted up every single time. Watching what Isaiah did is amazing but they roughed him up in the playoffs. Defensive liability , unless you built like a pit bull I.e. Derek Fisher. His role w Kobe solidified championships with solid defense , taking charges, timely clutch clutch! 3’s. Fisher was the best of the undersized guards , but this day and age of the game they get exposed, exploited, and embarrassed. Lowry is the only one I can think of and even Paul but they’re breaking down. Canaan unfortunately fell victim, Okobo is 6’2 and athletic , it was a no brainer to let Canaan go sucks because they tried to help him and showcase him for a trade after his unfortunate fracture of the ankle last season. Props to suns for doing that before releasing him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no booker and warren,he suppose have more usage...so disappointed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.