DidiFan

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

Seattle is already planning/working to flip Edwin, possibly to Tampa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Seattle is already planning/working to flip Edwin, possibly to Tampa.

Rather sign Cruz since Edwin is more expensive (depending what Cruz wants) and we can sign cruz for like a 2 year deal where edwin if im not mistaken is a FA after this year?

but obv if cruz doesnt wanna come here then hell yes need to go get edwin

12 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Rather sign Cruz since Edwin is more expensive (depending what Cruz wants) and we can sign cruz for like a 2 year deal where edwin if im not mistaken is a FA after this year?

but obv if cruz doesnt wanna come here then hell yes need to go get edwin

I could see Cruz really wanting to go to Houston to chase a ring.  Even though I think Houston would rather just leave DH available to give guys half a day off when they need it. 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

51 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

LMAO. Nobody has a clue where he's going.

He's expected to go to Tampa in a separate deal. Diaz/Sulser are the players going to Tampa in the 3-team deal.

Buster Olney reported earlier this week that the Rays were interested in Diaz and E5. Looks like they'll be getting them both.

32 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Dealing DiPoto doing all this from his hospital bed. 

"Sir, we just got word back from the league office that they're willing to let you include your kidney in the deal.  However, since you're 50 years old, the kidney's 10-and-5 rights mean you need to get its permission first."

• Haha 7

I wonder how this TB trade affects Nathaniel Lowe’s path. Assuming they get E5, he’s neither a health or performance lock. 

5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

what? is he trolling?

edit: he lives there apparently 

no trade lol

Just saw that too. Hope he gets coal for Christmas. Bad boy, Trevor. 

Hahaha. He's crazy and kind of an obnoxious jerk, but I'm starting to like the guy. Quality trolling by Trevor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Homerj24 said:

Looks like Joe Kelly to Dodgers for 3/$25M

Timing is everything.  His World Series performance against them gave him all this loot.  As Boston fans know he is either horrible or great per game appearance and he saved all his great ones for the playoffs last year and it paid off.  I will miss the crowd shots at Fenway with tons of Joe Kelly Fight Club tee shirts in them and his funny, quirky personality but otherwise best to replace him with someone that is a tad more consistent as in not walking the park every other appearance.  I foresee my blood pressure going down some in 2019.

And Yandy Diaz to TB?  Damn is that going to impact playing time for young and very intriguing Brandon Lowe or even surprise journeyman turned breakout guy Joey Wendel?  Hopefully not and it will effect light hitting Duffy over at 3B instead.

So is Jake Bauers going to Cleveland or is Trevor Bauers trolling?  What is it?

Seen on a road sign outside it's city limits:  "Welcome to Seattle where flipping ball players within 48 hours is our motto."

17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Timing is everything.  His World Series performance against them gave him all this loot.  As Boston fans know he is either horrible or great per game appearance and he saved all his great ones for the playoffs last year and it paid off.  I will miss the crowd shots at Fenway with tons of Joe Kelly Fight Club tee shirts in them and his funny, quirky personality but otherwise best to replace him with someone that is a tad more consistent as in not walking the park every other appearance.  I foresee my blood pressure going down some in 2019.

And Yandy Diaz to TB?  Damn is that going to impact playing time for young and very intriguing Brandon Lowe or even surprise journeyman turned breakout guy Joey Wendel?  Hopefully not and it will effect light hitting Duffy over at 3B instead.

So is Jake Bauers going to Cleveland or is Trevor Bauers trolling?  What is it?

Seen on a road sign outside it's city limits:  "Welcome to Seattle where flipping ball players within 48 hours is our motto."

boston has no bullpen

are they going after britton or robertson???

Just now, jfazz23 said:

boston has no bullpen

are they going after britton or robertson???

Who knows.  Ryan Brasier will probably be given first chance at closer if they don't get one from outside with Barnes again as prime set-up guy.

But at least Dealin' Dave finally said they need bullpen help as in plural which he refused to even say in the singular last season.  Picking up Brasier on the cheap helped save their season last year but these gems in the rough don't pop up every year.  The main reason he gave for trying to trade Porcello was to get money for the bullpen. 

Who(s) the Red Sox are targeting for the bullpen hasn't really leaked which is odd for Boston sports.  Most likely a bunch of the cheaper arms as in throw mud at the wall and hope some sticks.  I mean no how no way they are giving Kimbrel some insane 6 year, 100 million dollar deal given his diminishing talents last year and his near implosion during the playoffs and even John Henry's deep pockets having a limit at the end of the day.  That would be insanity what with Sale and Bogaerts FAs at the end of this season with JD Martinez having a player op out option as well that will need upgrade massaging.  Then Betts is a FA the following year.

So you Yankees can probably go chase down Robertson and Britton without any real competition from  the Sox.  If they did target one though my guess would be Britton but there is going to be too much of a bidding war for both for Boston to be involved much unless it is to try and drive up the price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Who knows.  Ryan Brasier will probably be given first chance at closer if they don't get one from outside with Barnes again as prime set-up guy.

But at least Dealin' Dave finally said they need bullpen help as in plural which he refused to even say in the singular last season.  Picking up Brasier on the cheap helped save their season last year but these gems in the rough don't pop up every year.  The main reason he gave for trying to trade Porcello was to get money for the bullpen. 

Who(s) the Red Sox are targeting for the bullpen hasn't really leaked which is odd for Boston sports.  Most likely a bunch of the cheaper arms as in throw mud at the wall and hope some sticks.  I mean no how no way they are giving Kimbrel some insane 6 year, 100 million dollar deal given his diminishing talents last year and his near implosion during the playoffs and even John Henry's deep pockets having a limit at the end of the day.  That would be insanity what with Sale and Bogaerts FAs at the end of this season with JD Martinez having a player op out option as well that will need upgrade massaging.  Then Betts is a FA the following year.

So you Yankees can probably go chase down Robertson and Britton without any real competition from  the Sox.  If they did target one though my guess would be Britton but there is going to be too much of a bidding war for both for Boston to be involved much unless it is to try and drive up the price.

no britton.  miller and robertson

14 hours ago, elrey said:

Wish we got Ottavino but nice to see my Mets finally making moves again. We back.

Ditto. Ottavino was lights out this past season. I was really hoping for him and a quality lefty and our bullpen would be shored up. But I'm okay with Familia. I know what we are getting with him. He's not too shabby as my old man would say.
This years winter meetings are so thrilling as a Met's fan compared to the years past with Sandy. Just the mere fact we kick the tires on some talent is an improvement. The fact we are trading/signing them to boot is like Christmas every day this week,haha.
Let's go get Realmuto for Nimmo (and some change) and sign Adam Jones and call it a day. I can live with that lineup a lot better than I could with the lineup at season's end.

Oh, and add the super utility guy Marwin. Now my Christmas list is finished.

Edited by Maitiu
getting greedy

Ottavino probably wants closer level money... can't blame him... if Rockies didn't give Davis such an awful deal last winter he would have overthrown him for the job 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maitiu said:

Ditto. Ottavino was lights out this past season. I was really hoping for him and a quality lefty and our bullpen would be shored up. But I'm okay with Familia. I know what we are getting with him. He's not too shabby as my old man would say.
This years winter meetings are so thrilling as a Met's fan compared to the years past with Sandy. Just the mere fact we kick the tires on some talent is an improvement. The fact we are trading/signing them to boot is like Christmas every day this week,haha.
Let's go get Realmuto for Nimmo (and some change) and sign Adam Jones and call it a day. I can live with that lineup a lot better than I could with the lineup at season's end.

Oh, and add the super utility guy Marwin. Now my Christmas list is finished.

It will take a lot more than Nimmo and some change. 

• Like 1