DidiFan

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

Daniel Murphy nearing deal with Colorado. I’m hoping they plan to use him at 1B... he’s a horrible defender and Hampson needs a shot to be the full time 2B.

1 minute ago, tywalson said:

Daniel Murphy nearing deal with Colorado. I’m hoping they plan to use him at 1B... he’s a horrible defender and Hampson needs a shot to be the full time 2B.

Wonder what his home BA will look like? 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Wonder what his home BA will look like? 😂

Good lord he's going to be Ted Williams in Colorado. 

Eh, this might not be awful if they put him at first. Though they've still got the previous Washington middle infielder to deal with...

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Phillies we're in on Miller. Have to save for Machado and Harper

Oh yeah, they're all about saving their money and being smart with their budget until they sign one of those two. That's why they passed on McCutchen?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Will Miller close or be a multi-inning set-up man

Could be Reyes and him

3 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Interesting where this would rank Murphy in 2B or 1B

Also wonder where they hit him in the lineup, possibly as high as 2 and as low as 5?

6 hours ago, Magoo said:

Yankees make too much sense with Machado. And no rush to trade Andujar while Didi is out.

Agreed.  But they aren’t willing to sit at the big boy table with the sox and Phil's, money wise. Ironic, but true. They won't give him 10/300+.  Like Bryce, he will have to decide between where he most wants to go and where the money is. It's also about feeling respected and desired; the White Sox traded for his good friend just for his sake. Then they offered him buku bucks. That's meaningful. How much so, who knows? It’s sort of the opposite of the Nats offer to Harper that was essentially an insult and made it clear to everyone involved that he was not going to be a national next season. I’m still personally of the opinion that both players and up going to the team that offers the most money. In the end that means it’s likely the White Sox and the Phillies.

People who have jumped to the conclusion that Murphy signing means he will play 2b and thus hurt Hampson really haven't paid attention to how awful Ian Desmond was last year. Roster Resource now has Desmond playing in LF.  I don't care how much they paid him, they could easily find someone better. I'd imagine Tapia will still play a fair amount.  I wonder if Murphy plays ANY 2b next year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Oh yeah, they're all about saving their money and being smart with their budget until they sign one of those two. That's why they passed on McCutchen?

Phillies needed offense way more than pitching. Their hitting sucked.... they added Pezos, that guy from Angels, full season of Serathony, and they may still grab another arm as market develops 

27 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

People who have jumped to the conclusion that Murphy signing means he will play 2b and thus hurt Hampson really haven't paid attention to how awful Ian Desmond was last year. Roster Resource now has Desmond playing in LF.  I don't care how much they paid him, they could easily find someone better. I'd imagine Tapia will still play a fair amount.  I wonder if Murphy plays ANY 2b next year. 

After the immediate panic attack, it seems most people posting around here realize he's going to be mostly - if not entirely - playing at first base. 

I think everyone with even a passing interest in Hampson had to have a moment where their hearts dropped. Colorado does have a history of these kinds of stunts.

• Like 1

Oakland decides every game is going to be a bullpen game this year as they sign Soria. 2 years for about 15.5 million.

The guy was dominant last year and had arguably his career best performance last season. Seems like a good deal for the green and gold.

7 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

After the immediate panic attack, it seems most people posting around here realize he's going to be mostly - if not entirely - playing at first base. 

I think everyone with even a passing interest in Hampson had to have a moment where their hearts dropped. Colorado does have a history of these kinds of stunts.

I'll never forget how they brought back CarGo for one year instead of letting Dahl play everyday last season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magoo said:

Could be Reyes and him

Any speculation on where Jordan Hicks fits in to the Bullpen with the likely addition of Miller? Will Hicks be looked at again as a SP? 

2 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Any speculation on where Jordan Hicks fits in to the Bullpen with the likely addition of Miller? Will Hicks be looked at again as a SP? 

Good question, last I heard he was being considered as the closer, that may or may not change, I'd love to see Miller close, but that may not be the plan?

49 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Good question, last I heard he was being considered as the closer, that may or may not change, I'd love to see Miller close, but that may not be the plan?

There's been a noticeable lack of any indication that Hicks could be the closer.  I don't think they want to do that for some reason

3 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Agreed.  But they aren’t willing to sit at the big boy table with the sox and Phil's, money wise. Ironic, but true. They won't give him 10/300+.  Like Bryce, he will have to decide between where he most wants to go and where the money is. It's also about feeling respected and desired; the White Sox traded for his good friend just for his sake. Then they offered him buku bucks. That's meaningful. How much so, who knows? It’s sort of the opposite of the Nats offer to Harper that was essentially an insult and made it clear to everyone involved that he was not going to be a national next season. I’m still personally of the opinion that both players and up going to the team that offers the most money. In the end that means it’s likely the White Sox and the Phillies.

Machado is used to not making the postseason so joining either of those two teams would make him feel right at home. 

If I'm the Yankees, I'm not offering them that money either. Let them be respected by those other teams. A-Rod felt respected by the Rangers as well after signing that monster contract. That feeling of respect disappeared really fast.

I FULLY expect Carlos Martinez to be in the rotation. BUT, he’s an option in the Cards BP as well as guys that were very good last season Iike Brebbia and Dakota Hudson

Cards BP could be very good with Miller and ever Shreve 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Interesting where this would rank Murphy in 2B or 1B

Just doing some quick math, I’d move him all the way up to 2nd behind Altuve and up to 3rd or 4th at 1b ahead of the Rizzo/ Abreau/Votto tier. Wouldn’t be surprised to see his ADP in the late 20’s/early 30’s come draft day.